The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold » The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Whitney | Gender: Female | Age: 31 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 05-29-2007 at 02:34 AM
Whitters
Wandering Child
Paranoid Android

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Amazon has everything. heh.

No.. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, and I had Cats on my wishlist for a long time before I actually bought it. So I kinda just figured that they'd probably still have it to be selling. Its an expensive soundtrack, but (in my opinion) its worth it.

all I want is freedom... a world with no more night
Whitters's Profile Send Private Message Whitters's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-29-2007 at 04:12 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

It is expensive. if I can't find it cheaper anywere else, I'll have my friend burn me a copy or download it for me. He's like super genius at music and computers (dang it! He's too talented).

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-30-2007 at 04:32 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

When I write, I love to listen to instrumentals-- usually film scores. I have all the Harry Potter soundtracks uploaded to my computer, so I play their playlist while I write. I also love Danny Elfman music! The piano piece in Corpse Bride is awesome. And I am also a fan of the Pride and Predjudice (new) soundtrack.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 08-02-2007 at 07:54 PM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Right now, I am really digging the new Hairspray soundtrack. The music was good to begin with but it's phenomenal in the new movie. Also, the Spring Awakening soundtrack. If you haven't heard it, go get it!

And, I have to agree with everyone on John Williams being a score God. He can near about write anything. I love everything he has ever done.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 08-27-2007 at 01:29 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I know! I love him. I was so mad when Patrick Dyle did the last two Harry Potter movies. Did John Williams die? I read somewhere he did, and that was why Patrick Doyle took over. If so, I'm going to cry. Joh Williams was an amazing film composer. If he's dead, I miss him. If not, WHY DID PATRICK DOYLE TAKE OVER? I mean Patrick's good and all, but John William's a lot better. Hardly anyone is better than John Williams.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 08-27-2007 at 02:30 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

I don't know if John Williams died, but he didn't do the music for the fourth Harry Potter film because he rather wanted to do 'Memoirs of a Geisha', which is actually one of my favorite scores, but I think Patrick Doyle did a good job, I loved the Bulgarians theme. I quite liked Nicholas Hoopers music for Order of the Phoenix as well, especially the very dark music was good.

However, favorite scores for me is 'Lord of the Rings' wow big surprise, especially the Rohan themed pieces, those violins just renders me breathless.

'Memoirs of a Geisha', while I think John Williams is a bit uneven in the pieces with Asian instruments, the cello and violin themed pieces are absolutely gorgeous, I just have a thing for those two instruments

'Elizabeth', wow this is a very, very dark score filled with all the blood, betrayal and political insecurity of that era, but it also has one of the most beautiful love themes I've heard

'Pan's Labyrinth' oh my God, this is SOOOOOO beautiful, very sombre and dark while it's also sweet and innocent. Pan's lullaby, is such a beautiful and haunting tune.

'Children of Dune' There is a very haunting and clasisc feeling mixed into the violin dominated and middle eastern inspired music, absolutely breathtaking. Inama Nushif, is a fantastic piece.

Oh and Danny Elfman, is a favorite of mine as well, though Harry Gregson-Williams is great as well... He is great with the choir movements.

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 08-27-2007 at 06:47 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

No, John Williams is still alive. The most recent score he has written was for Steven Spielberg's Munich, and he will next be working on the fourth Indiana Jones and a film called Lincoln. Also, he's rumoured to be coming back to the Harry Potter series, to work on the score for The Deathly Hallows after sitting out on films 4, 5, and 6.

Also, the score for Order of the Phoenix was written not by Patrick Doyle (who did Goblet of Fire), but by Nicholas Hooper. Personally, I thought it was the weakest score of the series so far -- even Patrick Doyle's score for GoF was better. My favorite Harry Potter score so far would probably be Prisoner of Azkaban. Simply brilliant, and filled with variety.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 08-30-2007 at 05:26 PM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

My college doesn't allow you to use limewire because of viruses and such so instead, we use Ruckus. Well, you can basically get any music you want and I got the Tick...Tick...Boom! soundtrack. I am in love with it. For those who don't know, Jonathan Larson wrote this musical before Rent. It was not very big but the music is great and it has Jonathan Larson wrote all over it. You can tell he wrote it...it's just him if that makes sense, lol. I recommend it as it has quickly rose to one of my favorite soundtracks.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Loz | Gender: Octopus | Posts: 113 | Roses: 2
Old 09-03-2007 at 09:52 AM
Angelus
Wandering Child
Medical Magician-ess

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I got the Les Miserables and Wicked! scores. Oh, and a big book of Beethoven piano sonatas.

I will get the Hairspray soundtrack somewhere. The tunes are sooo catchy; I think I'll go mad if I don't get it.

I really want the HP soundtrack. Hedwig's Wing (the theme is called that, right?) often gets stuck in my head for days at a time.

[Winter] Lies [Before] Me, Now [You're] So [Far] Away

[In] The [Darkness] Of [My] Dreaming, The [Light] Of You Will [Stay]
Sig Made By The Loverly MissDay7000!
Angelus's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 09-03-2007 at 10:25 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Believe it or not, before John Williams did the SW IV and CETK soundtracks, as well as Jaws, he wrote some DREADFUL stuff--mainly really bad jazz scores. During his Johnny Williams days, no one would have guessed he had such amazing music in him.

However, he certainly influenced James Horner, as is obvious by Battle Beyond the Stars. However, Horner did create his own signature sound by the time he did ST: TWOK and Aliens.

If it weren't for John Williams, soundtracks would have continued showing up in bargain bins. Before the mid-Seventies, that's where most soundtracks ended up, meaning I could afford so much good stuff--Miklos Rozsa, Bernard Herrmann, and Max Steiner (imagine the skill of works ranging from the original King Kong to Gone With the Wind and from all of those Warner Brothers movies of the Forties to Summer Place~WOW!). There are so many works I would love to have, including more by John Barry.

I think it's Alan Silvestri I need to collect next--if I can find his works at a reasonable price.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote