The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Olivia | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 27 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2007 at 02:07 PM
Constanze Giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Movie Soundtracks/Scores  Post [1]

I'm a big fan of movie soundtracks, and for me they can make or break a film.

Some of my favorite are:

Gladiator (i know quite predictable..)
LOTR (even more predictable..)
Hannibal (underrated i think)

What are your favorite movie soundtracks/scores? Did you go out and buy the sheet music you liked on so much?
Constanze Giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 04-18-2007 at 03:01 PM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Well, Phantom and Rent are definitely one of them and yes, I went and got the sheet music for them. I love Lord of the Rings too. I bought a piano book on sale the other day.

I downloaded a few songs from 300 and I love them! I think I am going to buy the cd soon.

A Walk to Remember
Moulin Rouge

I love all the James Bond music off of the soundtracks. They are all awesome. My mind is completely blank right now...I know I have more than this, I just can't think of anymore at the moment.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-18-2007 at 07:26 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I adore film soundtracks -- they're probably my favourite genre besides showtunes. My favourite soundtrack composers are Howard Shore (LOTR), Nino Rota (Godfather), John Williams, and Danny Elfman. The really cool thing is that Howard Shore shares my birthday -- October 18th. XD

Another soundtrack I'm rather fond of is the one for the 1989 version of POTO -- the one with Robert Englund as Erik and Jill Schoelen as Christine. I especially liked their version of "Don Juan Triumphant;" while the lyrics were a tad simplistic, I rather liked the melody, especially when played on the organ.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Olivia | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 27 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2007 at 08:17 PM
Constanze Giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Yes the 300 music is good it's quite rocky in a way, giving 300 a bit of a Post Modern edge.

Wow thats really cool sharing your birthday with Howard Shore! I think that his LOTR scores were great in the way that each were different from each other..but all linked with reccuring themes at the same time.

And John Williams is King when it comes to film scores. I think i'd put John Williams, Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore up there with the best composers for soundtracks.

I havn't heard the 1989 version of POTO i'll have to look out for it :)
Constanze Giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 04-18-2007 at 09:12 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I was a soundtrack fan far enough back that they often ended up in bargain bins, where I generally would get them. I started collecting in the Sixties, with some of my favorites being Miklos Rozsa, Maurice Jarre, Bernard Herrmann, Nino Rota, John Addison and Max Steiner. Later, I encountered John Williams, John Barry, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone, Vangelis, and others. Actually, until John Williams' scores became such big hits, most soundtracks ended up in clearance bins; thus, since the mid-Seventies, I've been unable to afford most of the ones I love.

I have so many favorite tracks: Romeo & Juliet (1969), Doctor Zhivago, E.T., Star Wars (A New Hope), Somewhere in Time, Jaws, Journey to the Center of the Earth (original film version), Kingdom of Heaven, LOTR, Conan the Barbarian, Hellboy, WarGames, Joseph Andrews, Gone With the Wind, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Return of the Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean Educating Rita, Lawrence of Arabia, The Magnificent Seven (film, not series), and Two Mules for Sister Sara.

I'm certain, as with making all lists, that I'm forgetting many of my favorites.

It's unfortunate that so many films use a "songtrack" instead of a soundtrack.

Note: As magnificent as John Williams' more recent works are, he used to write incredibly awful jazz-type tracks under the name Johnny Williams. So, you can imagine my amazement when "Star Wars" proved to have such a remarkable score.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-23-2007 at 01:56 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I just like music. I love soundtracks; instrumentals, or vocals.

I really like the Harry Potter soundtracks. especially for writing.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Di | Gender: Lady | Posts: 131 | Roses: 8
Old 05-26-2007 at 05:18 PM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

I love movie soundtracks, mostly musical movie soundtracks, though.

I have...
POTO
R.E.N.T.
Wicked
West Side Story
Tarzan
Once On This Island
Chicago
Grease

I think that's it... geez, I'm crazy with that. :p

All I want is a second chance...

Just another person obsessed with the Ball!
I'm open for roleplaying with anyone, anytime. Just PM me.
Masqued Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2007 at 08:18 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Does anybody know where I can buy the soundtrack for Cats? My friend told me it was good. So I looked for it and I can't find it anywhere.If anybody has it, where did you get it?

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Whitney | Gender: Female | Age: 31 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 05-29-2007 at 12:43 AM
Whitters
Wandering Child
Paranoid Android

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

I'm a soundtrack fangirl. heehee. Some of the ones I have are:

Lord of the Rings (all three), Phantom of the Opera (2004 and Original London Cast), Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas, Scream 2, R.E.N.T., The Producers, Wicked, A Walk to Remember, Moulin Rouge, Pirates of the Caribbean (all three), Happy Feet, Music and Lyrics, Chicago, Superman Returns, High School Musical, Marry Poppins (Original London Cast), Beauty and the Beast (Broadway Cast), Hairspray (Original Broadway Cast), Avenue Q (Original Broadway Cast)...

I think Ill end the list there, but thats only about 1/8 of the soundtracks I have. A lot of them are just movie scores, because I love music without words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerading rose View Post
Does anybody know where I can buy the soundtrack for Cats? My friend told me it was good. So I looked for it and I can't find it anywhere.If anybody has it, where did you get it?
Here is the Cats Original Broadway Cast recording. If you don't mind buying online.

all I want is freedom... a world with no more night
Whitters's Profile Send Private Message Whitters's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2007 at 01:27 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

Omigosh! Thank you! I've been searching for it for like years now! How did you find?