Name: Dorothée | Gender: XX chromosome | Age: 32 | Posts: 25 | Roses: 10
Old 03-03-2014 at 11:39 AM
Taedium_Vitae
Wandering Child
Erik's Pet

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

...when you learn to sing Faust only because it's Erik favorite opera.
...when you prefer to live alone with music and are afraid of people. (I'm scared by people, that why I love Erik, because he reminds me of myself)
...when you dream to wear the wedding dress Erik fashioned and to marry him.

"Il ne m'a manqué que d'être aimé pour être bon" Erik
Taedium_Vitae's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 03-18-2014 at 12:54 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

- When you've watched a film version of POTO dubbed in another language just to see what it was like and how the voice-acting compared to the original actors. (Bonus points if you've done this with film versions other than the 2004 one -- the 1990 Charles Dance version is lovely in German!)

- When you've either made a mask or Phantom deformity for someone else, or gotten somebody to make one for you.

- When you've tried using a foreign-language cast album of the show to learn that language. (Bonus points if it actually helped a bit.)

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-18-2014 at 05:23 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

when you look at bunches of cat pictures all of the time and, whenever one has any sort of "mask", think of Erik

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-21-2014 at 12:46 AM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

...every art project you're assigned in school becomes "Phantom Themed". (Been there, done that! Teacher began looking for projects I COULDN'T turn into a POTO project! LOL!)

...you doodle the Phantom on all your notebooks.

....whenever you see London shown in a movie, etc, you look closely at the double decker buses or bus stops for Phantom publicity posters. The white mask is iconic!

...whenver Paris is shown in a movie, etc, you wait eagerly to see if the Palais Garnier makes a cameo appearance.

....you want to learn French so you can read the original novel in its original language. Or, you buy a French copy of the book, a compare it line by line with your English copy to learn French. You just want to speak Erik's language, or read it at least, right? (Yep. Plus, find out how much was left out in the English translation.)

...you make major life decesions around POTO, learning music, decorating your room to look like something out of the Fifth Cellar or 19th century Paris, making Faust a life-long study... (yep.)

...you've become the cornerstone of ALW's business with all the theatre tickets, souvenirs and CDs you've bought over the years.

...you teach your parrot to sings songs from POTO, including the high notes. (Yep.)

Gee, we could keep going here! :)

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-14-2014 at 04:02 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Here's a recent one for me:

...when you look through tons and tons of audio recordings of the show to try and find out who the first Phantom actor was who sang "fathering gaze" rather than "far-reaching gaze" in the song "Wandering Child." Thus far, the earliest I could find was Peter Karrie in the 1992 London cast. No one else seems to have done it until Paul Stanley in the 1999 Toronto cast, but after the movie and anniversary concert, it seems like all the English productions have started using it.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 06-14-2014 at 11:36 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

Eww, I never liked that line 'fathering-gaze', that could be so twisted out of context these days. 'Far reaching' was better.

You know you're a phan when ...
You see masks everywhere, in everything,

You own a few cloaks, but have nowhere to wear them, it's a comfort knowing you have them....

(I know I have a few more...but I'm a bit brain dead at the moment...dying from a heat wave. Praying for cooler temperatures....)

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 06-15-2014 at 02:28 AM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

You name two of your cats Erik and Christine

((I did thatr eally although Erik died))
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 12-07-2014 at 05:04 AM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

You blame Erik for your flickering lamps and drawers that won't stay closed.

You have a Leroux-based game on your iPad.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sage | Gender: Non-binary | Posts: 4 | Roses: 10
Old 01-21-2016 at 10:38 PM
RedDeathMasquerade
Wandering Child
Scarlet Witch

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

When you own 6 copies of Gaston Leroux's novel and various different film versions of POTO.

Le Fantôme de l'Opera.
My pronouns: they/them.
RedDeathMasquerade's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sandra | Gender: female | Age: 39 | Posts: 53 | Roses: 10
Old 02-29-2016 at 12:04 PM
Eriks_phan
Wandering Child
True love knows no boundaries

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

When your wedding was Phantom themed. My dress was inspired by Christine's (and looked very close to hers), my husband wore POTO logo cuff links, our cake and toasting flutes had "One love, one lifetime" inscribed on them, the wedding favors were single red roses with black ribbons attached to them (along with a black bag printed with gold roses filled with chocolates attached, and a card with "one love, one lifetime" printed on it with our wedding date, and to top it all off: taking a fantasy shot with my husband posed as Christine and Erik, and he's wearing a hat and mask! <3

^My Phantom tattoo re-inked! Yay!!!!^
"Turn your face away, from the garish light of day"
"Let your soul take you where you long to be!"
Eriks_phan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote