Old 05-28-2005 at 07:07 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

My favorites were "Memory" and "Macavity the Mystery Cat". I have the VHS of the musical, and as long as you can put aside the fact that there's no plot whatsoever, it's actually a good piece of work. Most people don't get "Cats", but I grew up with it -- I've had the tape of it since I was little and used to watch it every time I visited my grandmother. She probably got sick to death of it!

~ Zelda de le Fantôme

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Liz | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 427 | Roses: 10
Old 05-29-2005 at 06:40 PM
Reza Khan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria Greneaux
and Munkustrap. Ohh, Munkus, how I love thee. ^^;;; I must say, whoever that actor was looked GOOD in the make-up and costume! LOL
Haha, it was the same for me too. Very few people can pull off Spandex, but this guy was an exception. :D

I wish I could have seen it on Broadway, but at least I didn't watch it at a small theater. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I still thought they did well where I saw it.

Elizabeth

\"Sanity is calming, but insanity is much more interesting...\"
Reza Khan's Profile Send Private Message Reza Khan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 89 | Roses: 10
Old 07-31-2005 at 02:51 AM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

I just watched it for the first time last night. It was quite interesting. I didn't understand most of it. It was just cats dancing around, and singing about their names. I agree, that some songs are cool, like "Memory" and "Mr. Mistoffelees" (I looked up the spelling). The "Jellicle Ball" was kind of long and annoying. But even though I like a few songs, I'm not planning on buying the movie, or the soundtrack.

wishing . you . were . somehow . here . again
Wishing's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 631 | Roses: 10
Old 07-31-2005 at 03:17 AM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

I thought it was interesting and fun to watch, but out of all the ALW's I know well, it is probably my least favorite. It does however, take amazing talent to preform... the cast members have to be great singers and dancers.

OFF TOPIC:
cinty, i love your sig... I just spent about ten minutse watching it...

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 89 | Roses: 10
Old 07-31-2005 at 05:42 PM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

Quote:
It does however, take amazing talent to preform... the cast members have to be great singers and dancers.
That's very true. It must have took them a long time to get all those dancing routines down. They did a good job on dancing, but I couldn't understand what some were singing about - the words, and the point of them.

wishing . you . were . somehow . here . again
Wishing's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 11 | Roses: 10
Old 08-10-2005 at 07:33 AM
phantomphan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

I just got the VHS tape of it and fell in love with a few songs. I found it entertaining and fun to watch. My favourite songs would have to be Magical Mr. Mistoffelees and Memory. Most people I talk to who have seen it on Broadway and in other places loved it! But unfortunately I never got to see it live on stage. But for those who haven't seen it at all I really suggest to go and buy the DVD or VHS if you are interested in seeing it. I got it at Suncoast.... But I would think most stores would sell the DVD.

phantomphan's Profile Send Private Message phantomphan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kara | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 132 | Roses: 10
Old 11-11-2005 at 02:02 AM
composer15
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

Well unlike most of you all, I am a HUGE fan of cats! I'm almost as obsessed about it as POTO . . . Nah :)

But anyways, my favorite cats in order are, Rum Tum Tugger(He looks so fine, even if he is dressed up like a cat), Magical Mr. Mistafolees, Mungojerrie and Rumpleteza, and finally Jimima. But what the heck, I love them all!

I see that most of you are confused about the plot and why they are singing about their names just as I was when I first saw it and I'll gladly expain it to the best of my ability.

Here we go, Once a year all of the Jellicle cats come out at night where the Jellicle ball will take place, singing dancing etc. The whole point of this event is that one cat only will be chosen by their leader to be reborn into a different Jellicle life(reincarnated)

The reason the cats dance and everyone sings about them is because they are trying to impress the leader and their family that they are the best choice for the cat who should be reborn. That is the main plot but the story also tells of a rejected cat Grizzabella who just wants to be loved and to fit in. Also an evil character named Macavity who tries to ruin everyones fun.

I hope I cleared up everything and everyone should definitley watch this musical especially if you love the arts as much as I do!

Beautiful Banner Created by the Talented phantomphreak!

Enter If You Dare!
composer15's Profile Send Private Message composer15's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Derick | Gender: male | Age: 25 | Posts: 7 | Roses: 10
Old 01-25-2006 at 03:51 AM
actorderick
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

I love Cats.

It is one of those shows were you like it or you think it is unbelievibly stupid.
actorderick's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 184 | Roses: 10
Old 07-14-2006 at 09:35 PM
Chance_or_Destiny
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

Cat's was different, not bad, just a little strange. Overall teh music was very good and the dancing fabulous, but there were a few places where i watched and couldn't whip this dumb lost look off my face. i'd give it a 6 or 7.

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but rather in ourselves!
Courtsey of the fabulous KT Mae!
Chance_or_Destiny's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hornet | Gender: Dalek | Age: 22 | Posts: 55 | Roses: 10
Old 07-28-2006 at 10:54 AM
Silverstream
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

ACK!
I love CATS! It was the very first musical i saw, and I only saw it on TV. Only? Well, I watched it everytime it was on the TV, but, sadly, I didn't get to watch it at the musical. ><

I wish Cats would come back...

Silverstream's Profile Send Private Message Silverstream's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote