Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 05-19-2005 at 12:26 AM
ChristineDaae
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Another favorite of mine. :) My favorite characters are Javert and Fantine, and my favorite songs are "Master of the House" and "Confrontation."

Christine Daae::Point of No Return::Phantom Lovers

Interested in RP. If you RP Erik/The Phantom, please contact me.
ChristineDaae's Profile Send Private Message ChristineDaae's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Liz | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 427 | Roses: 10
Old 05-29-2005 at 07:09 PM
Reza Khan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

I will admit that I've never seen it (I want to, though!), but my choir sand a massive medley of songs from it last year, and I've read the book. The unabridged version too, all 1200 glorious pages.

I don't know if I'll be able to see it, being from the middle of nowhere, but I hope to snag a copy at some point to watch at home.

Elizabeth

\"Sanity is calming, but insanity is much more interesting...\"
Reza Khan's Profile Send Private Message Reza Khan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 58 | Roses: 10
Old 05-29-2005 at 07:55 PM
sing_for_me
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

I love Les Mis. I've never seen it, but I have the Original Broadway CA and have read the book. I love the book so very much.

I also love Javert. I love Javert with all my heart .

Signature made by the wonderful phantomphreak, in all her brilliance.
sing_for_me's Profile Send Private Message sing_for_me's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 05-30-2005 at 09:14 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Yay for another JOJ fan *squee* - the majority of those in phantom have been in Mis and vice versa. They're just popular musicals that everyone wishes to be in as it means that they have reached the top of their careers - I love JOJ! :p
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Liz | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 427 | Roses: 10
Old 06-06-2005 at 06:10 PM
Reza Khan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel of Music
When I read the book it was the abridged version. I don't know if I could have made it through the unabridged before I saw it...w
Strangely enough, it was the opposite way for me. I tried to read the abridged version, but I couldn't get into it for some reason. I found the unabridged version in a library, rented it (all 1200 pages, lol), and loved it. Mind you, it took me a month to finish the thing, but I still loved it. :)

Elizabeth

\"Sanity is calming, but insanity is much more interesting...\"
Reza Khan's Profile Send Private Message Reza Khan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 06-06-2005 at 09:23 PM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

I first saw the nonmusical 1996 movie, and then I listened to some of the musical. I haven't seen it, but my uncle and aunt have, and they say it's better than POTO. I don't think so, but then again, I haven't seen LM.

~ Zelda de le Fantôme

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 06-08-2005 at 04:15 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

Quote:
Originally posted by Zelda de le Fantome
I first saw the nonmusical 1996 movie, and then I listened to some of the musical. I haven't seen it, but my uncle and aunt have, and they say it's better than POTO. I don't think so, but then again, I haven't seen LM.

~ Zelda de le Fantôme
You're in exactly the same position as me. I have seen the 96 movie (love it!) and have heard some of the music. It sounds awesome, but I think Phantom music is better. I would love to see it on stage some time though!

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-18-2005 at 02:37 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

I think POTO has better music and lyrics, but Les Miz has a darker story, which I like. It's too bad that most of the main characters die, though. :(

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 631 | Roses: 10
Old 07-01-2005 at 03:38 PM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I LOVE les mis! I was Eponine in a small production that my Arts Camp did... it was so fun! my favorite song is One Day More and Do You Hear The People Sing? They make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I have seen it in London 3 times i thinkk.. (??) 2 or 3 anyway... it was fantastic!

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 11 | Roses: 10
Old 10-15-2005 at 02:54 PM
blackmage1989
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Phantom started my love for musicals. And Les Mis furthered my passion for it.

I got my first exposure to Les Mis through my school choir. It was during a school concert when our choir decided to do a stage production based on the SATB medley. That was when I got in touch with the music, and I fell in love with it. And that was when I started reading the book (not the unabridged version though) and scouring CD shops for the soundtrack. And even now I still can't forget the memories of singing on stage with black paint over your face and talcum powder on your pants (we did that for a "dirty" look).

Though the stage experience was simple, Les Mis left a deep impression in me and I'm still loving it.

My favourite songs? "I Dreamed A Dream", "Castle On A Cloud", "Do You Hear The People Sing" and "Master Of The House".
blackmage1989's Profile Send Private Message blackmage1989's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote