The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 2 [0 Performers and 2 Ghosts]

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 40 | Roses: 10
Old 08-28-2005 at 05:25 PM
operafreak84
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [31]

Quote:
Originally posted by cinty
Out of that list, I've heard
Sarah Brightman
Emmy Rossum
Rebecca Caine
Katie Knight-Adams
Julie Hanson

and I've also heard...
Dale Kristien
Marina Prior
Claire Moore
Karen Culliver
And I think I've forgotten the others... I know I've heard more.

My favourites are Sarah Brightman, Rebecca Caine, Emmy Rossum, Julie Hanson and Dale Kristien.:)
You've also heard Rebecca Luker. She was the Christine in the Steve Barton clip. And I made a mistake awhile ago. The Christine in the JOJ clips was Rachel Barrell, not Katie Knight Adams. Sorry 'bout that.

It\'s a cast recording, not a soundtrack.;)
operafreak84's Profile Send Private Message operafreak84's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 08-31-2005 at 02:09 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [32]

Oh okay. So, I have never heard Katie Knight Adams, but I have heard Rachel Barrel. And now I have heard Celia Graham as well, who I must add to my favourites. Beautiful!!!

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 43 | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 10-15-2005 at 05:18 AM
Ms Christine Daae
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [33]

Sarah Brightman IS Christine for me. Lisa Vroman and Sandra Joseph both rock. Rebecca Pitcher is brilliant as well.

Ms Christine Daae's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Crystal | Gender: female | Age: 30 | Posts: 213 | Roses: 10
Old 11-21-2005 at 10:49 PM
sunshine
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [34]

I have to agree with Zelda and Manda all the way I love Sarah Brightmans voice she sings each note Beautifuly and to its fullest. Emmy looked as if she was struggling to sing the high notes like in think of me, but Sarah just let the music flow right out of her. Emmy was ok but for the most part she almost looked as if she were lip singing, I didnt like her voice at all. Sarah B. is and always will be Christine for me. :D

sunshine's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Maria | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 430 | Roses: 10
Old 11-21-2005 at 10:53 PM
phantomphreak
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [35]

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine
I have to agree with Zelda and Manda all the way I love Sarah Brightmans voice she sings each note Beautifuly and to its fullest. Emmy looked as if she was struggling to sing the high notes like in think of me, but Sarah just let the music flow right out of her. Emmy was ok but for the most part she almost looked as if she were lip singing, I didnt like her voice at all. Sarah B. is and always will be Christine for me. :D
Well, she is lipsynching (sp?) during the movie. They had to record it before and then they sang quietly during the recording of the movie itself. The recording of their voices was put over the quiet ones. Everyone in the movie is lipsynching. But it is their voice except for Carlotta (Minnie Driver).

And as for my opinion, I like both Emmy's and Sarah's voices but I'm drawn more toward Emmy. I think she did a brilliant job!

phantomphreak's Profile Send Private Message phantomphreak's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Crystal | Gender: female | Age: 30 | Posts: 213 | Roses: 10
Old 11-21-2005 at 11:38 PM
sunshine
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [36]

Sorry didnt know they were sping but thats the thing Sarah wouldnt need to sp I still like Sarahs voice better :D but Emmy did ok.

sunshine's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 57 | Roses: 10
Old 11-23-2005 at 02:58 AM
Lia Lecordier
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [37]

By far, I must say, Emmy Rossum is definately. I love her dynamic contrast and articulations. She is simply wonderful.

Tuba Players Rock my sox!

Made by the phabulous KT Mae.
You know you want to... ;)
Lia Lecordier's Profile Send Private Message Lia Lecordier's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 81 | Roses: 10
Old 12-04-2005 at 08:34 PM
Learn2BLonely
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [38]

Emmy Rossum, is undoubtedly my favorite. I have heard Sarah Brightman, whose voice while beautiful did not seem like Christine Daae to me. Emmy, I feel, being a fav actress of mine embodies the innocence & beauty of Christine Daae that Brightman just does not have. Emmy is Christine to me. Her voice is spectacular, I loved it from the very beginning when I heard her.

Sometimes the people we meet change us forever.

Crossing Blades
Referer: Thump Thump
Learn2BLonely's Profile Send Private Message Learn2BLonely's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 12-04-2005 at 10:06 PM
angelofmusic9731
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [39]

Zelda! I think you are funny! I do like Emmy. She seemed very innocent to me but i must agree with Zelda that at points her acting was well... cheesy! However Sarah had a atrong quality alomost confidence that i think Emmy lacked. Emmy was an inccredible singer though she was beautiful.
" Down once more to the dungeouns of my black despair! Down we plunge to the prison of my mind..." -Phantom

angelofmusic9731's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 4 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2006 at 07:17 AM
yumi_chan89
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [40]

Vocally, I adore Sandra Joseph and Lisa Vroman's Christine. Although they are older than twenty, they both have a youthful sound to them.
Sandra Joseph has such emotion in her singing that it makes you shiver. Her vibratto is almost flowing and dove-like that it makes an interesting song.
Lisa Vroman has more dark tones and pronounciation that it makes it enjoyable to listen to.

As for the look of Christine, I like Julie Hanson and Claudia Cota Gamez (although there isn't too much information on her).
Julie is how I pictured Leroux's Christine (yes, yes, I know she was a blonde). Julie has a very young and innocent look to her naturally.
Claudia has a hard look to her, which is quite different for Christine. However, it makes her look tough and not so innocent and niave. She's quite pretty, too, which always makes a good Christine.

And as for acting? Celia Graham all the way. No doubts about it. Her acting in Point of No Return was so fierce and seductive, yet over powering with confusing and fear for the Phantom at the same time. I've yet to see another actress do this!

Imagine Me...
www.freewebs.com/hikki_fan89
yumi_chan89's Profile Send Private Message yumi_chan89's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote