The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,299 | Roses: 0
Old 11-05-2008 at 11:59 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [31]

Calvin Booth

It was strange as he gazed at the ring that he'd intended to give to Taressa. Thoughts of his son's mother filled his mind, along with memories of times they'd spent together... but memories of Rebecca filled his mind as well and he couldn't help but smile slightly as he gazed down at the velvet box containing the ring that he doubted he would ever see on the finger of a woman he loved. He thought of Rebecca again. The way he'd always tried to make her smile when he'd seen her first thing in the morning. He'd tried bringing her coffeee, and then when she made her dislike for coffee very clear he started bringing hot chocolate and hot tea. She always thanked him but she always had seemed rather distant as if she didn't want to know him well enough which had greatly deterred from asking her on a date and was the very reason he hadn't done so. He recalled teasing her about certain things while the teacher was lecturing and she woudl always shush him and tell him that he could probably get something out of the lecture if he paid attention and then he would show her his tape recorder and that ended that conversation.

Other memories of Rebecca permeated his mind as he waited for Julietta's reaction to seeing the engagement ring that should've been on the finger of the woman he loved nine years ago. "It's beautiful," she told him and he coudlnt' help but smile as he nodded in silent agreement. The ring was beautiful. He'd gotten it because he'd thought just that... and it had remidned him of Taressa though it still did now as he'd said before he coudlnt' bring himself to get rid of it... he just couldn't find it in himself to do it. "The girl, the one you're thinking about, she means alot to you huh?" she asked and Calvin was slightly taken off guard by her question. Had it been that obvious that he'd been thinking about a woman he cared so deeply about. He wondered how she felt about that... that he was sitting there.. with her in his arms.. and yet he was thinking about someone elese. He was sure it hurt her and he mentally kicked himself for making his feelings so obvious even though he'd though that he'd been doing a pretty good job at concealing them but apparently Julietta was very observant or he had just been egotistical when it came to his ability to keep his emotions hidden behidn a mask that he often wore.

He gazed at Julietta for a long moment, wondering if she was angry but knowing that he needed to be completley honest about it. "The woman I'm thinking about..." he repeated slowly with a wistful smile. "Is the last girl on Earth that would ever consider marrying me..." he told Julietta as he closed the box and set it in the shoe box and set the shoe box back on the night table before he turned back to her. "I've known her for nine years Julietta.. she's four years younger then I am and we've been friends off and on for a while but now..." he shook his head, unable to understand why it was so difficult to actually voice his feelings for Rebecca outloud... maybe it was because he knew for a fact that nothign would come of it... that it was futile to hold on to the false hopes that maybe.. Rebecca could see him that way rather then as a partner and colleague... but he knew her... and he knew that it was impossible. "buut yes.. I love her... I've loved her for a long time.. and it wasn't until recently... until she started seeing someone else and the possiblity that I might lose her presented itself that I realized... that I'd loved her since the day I laid eyes on her... but she... she can never know... because if she knew... she would never see me again... and I'd rather have her in my life as a friend... then gone from it completley..." he told her honestly, a sense of melancholy overtaking him as he stared straight ahead... passed Jluietta.. and into the darkness of the room.. as if it held some sort of answer for him.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 11-06-2008 at 12:27 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [32]

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofthenight View Post
Calvin Booth

It was strange as he gazed at the ring that he'd intended to give to Taressa. Thoughts of his son's mother filled his mind, along with memories of times they'd spent together... but memories of Rebecca filled his mind as well and he couldn't help but smile slightly as he gazed down at the velvet box containing the ring that he doubted he would ever see on the finger of a woman he loved. He thought of Rebecca again. The way he'd always tried to make her smile when he'd seen her first thing in the morning. He'd tried bringing her coffeee, and then when she made her dislike for coffee very clear he started bringing hot chocolate and hot tea. She always thanked him but she always had seemed rather distant as if she didn't want to know him well enough which had greatly deterred from asking her on a date and was the very reason he hadn't done so. He recalled teasing her about certain things while the teacher was lecturing and she woudl always shush him and tell him that he could probably get something out of the lecture if he paid attention and then he would show her his tape recorder and that ended that conversation.

Other memories of Rebecca permeated his mind as he waited for Julietta's reaction to seeing the engagement ring that should've been on the finger of the woman he loved nine years ago. "It's beautiful," she told him and he coudlnt' help but smile as he nodded in silent agreement. The ring was beautiful. He'd gotten it because he'd thought just that... and it had remidned him of Taressa though it still did now as he'd said before he coudlnt' bring himself to get rid of it... he just couldn't find it in himself to do it. "The girl, the one you're thinking about, she means alot to you huh?" she asked and Calvin was slightly taken off guard by her question. Had it been that obvious that he'd been thinking about a woman he cared so deeply about. He wondered how she felt about that... that he was sitting there.. with her in his arms.. and yet he was thinking about someone elese. He was sure it hurt her and he mentally kicked himself for making his feelings so obvious even though he'd though that he'd been doing a pretty good job at concealing them but apparently Julietta was very observant or he had just been egotistical when it came to his ability to keep his emotions hidden behidn a mask that he often wore.

He gazed at Julietta for a long moment, wondering if she was angry but knowing that he needed to be completley honest about it. "The woman I'm thinking about..." he repeated slowly with a wistful smile. "Is the last girl on Earth that would ever consider marrying me..." he told Julietta as he closed the box and set it in the shoe box and set the shoe box back on the night table before he turned back to her. "I've known her for nine years Julietta.. she's four years younger then I am and we've been friends off and on for a while but now..." he shook his head, unable to understand why it was so difficult to actually voice his feelings for Rebecca outloud... maybe it was because he knew for a fact that nothign would come of it... that it was futile to hold on to the false hopes that maybe.. Rebecca could see him that way rather then as a partner and colleague... but he knew her... and he knew that it was impossible. "buut yes.. I love her... I've loved her for a long time.. and it wasn't until recently... until she started seeing someone else and the possiblity that I might lose her presented itself that I realized... that I'd loved her since the day I laid eyes on her... but she... she can never know... because if she knew... she would never see me again... and I'd rather have her in my life as a friend... then gone from it completley..." he told her honestly, a sense of melancholy overtaking him as he stared straight ahead... passed Jluietta.. and into the darkness of the room.. as if it held some sort of answer for him.
Julietta Antoinette

Julietta listened to his explanation, and nodded at appropriate intervals. She felt like a complete fool for letting herself get into this mess with him, for letting him kiss her. She couldn't understand why he had even kissed her in the first place if he was in love with another woman. She had to ask him this," Then why would you kiss me and pretend like things could work out when you knew? You knew." She said, standing up." I... I'm gonna need to get over this whole... love thing," Sh said, a tear forming the corners of her eyes." I'll...I'll talk to you later..." She said, obviously upset, walking briskly to the door. She stepped out into the rain without another glance back, walking slowly through the puddles, not even caring if she got drenched.

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008 at 02:22 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [33]

Calvin Booth

Calvin couldn't understand why it was so difficult for him to fall in love with someone. He knew he had feeling for Rebecca... but he wished so desperately that he could just forget them... that he could let them go and bury them where he would never have to dig them up again. He knew for a fact that Rebecca would never acknowledge him as a possible suitor and lover... after all they worked together... it was understandable he supposed. He recalled Jared's words when he told him of how deeply in love with his partner he truly was... now... when it was to late for him. Thinking about his feelings for his partner and friend was one thing but actually voicing those same feelings for her were much more difficult for him to do... one because he didn't know what was going through her mind when he told her how he felt and two because the more he talked about ti the more he wanted to forget about it because it made it seem even more futile then it did when he simply thought about it and he knew by the drastic change of expressiont hat came over her as he finished his explanation showed that she was not pleased by the answer he'd given her.

He gazed at her for a long moment, biting his lips and waiting for her to get angry over the whole thing. "Then why would you kiss me and pretend like things could work out when you knew? You knew." She asked, standing up and he stood up as well. He watcdhed her in silence, not knowing what to tell her.. because there was nothign to say. He couldn't answer that question because he didn't know why... the only answer he really coudl think of was that he wanted to forget his feelings for Rebecca... sometimes he loved thinkinga bout the possiblities.. fantasizing over what could be but other times he felt as if he should just leave.. get away from her.. awayf rom the job that had brought them together in the first place.. but he coudlnt' do that.. for reasons he didnt' know... he just could do it. " I... I'm gonna need to get over this whole... love thing," She said, a tear forming the corners of her eyes and he felt slightly guilty over what he'd done but at the same tim eh felt relieved... there would be no fear of giving his heart away yet again... becuase she was obviously furious with him. " I'll...I'll talk to you later..." she told him and with that she got up and left the room and his apartment.

He stood there in the middle of his room fro the longest moment, listening to the rain hitting the window in rythmaticly. He glanced at the clock. It was almost eight and he glanced outside before he pulled the drapes and cloaked his room in darkness. he removed his shirt and let his hands trail along the scars that covered his back and shoulders. He threw his pillow and his blanket on the floor and laid down there.. sometimes even now he had a hard time sleeping in a bed and when he was alone... feeling slightly put out or upset he would sleep on the floor and tonight was no different then some of those other nights. He sighed and closed his eyes, feeling his whole body relax as he fell into a fitful and restless sleep.

OOC: End of Scene. BIC:

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Name: Erica | Gender: woman- hear me roar! | Posts: 2,032 | Roses: 181
Old 11-09-2008 at 05:54 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron
Does anyone write anymore?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [34]

Rebecca Cross

Rebecca slid her hands into her pockets, heading up to Calvin's door. She wondered if he remembered they were suppose to go over some case files tonight or not? She carried the Chinese with her, figuring that it was her turn to buy them dinner. She figured he wouldn't remember, since of course, she mentioned it durking a stake out. Not the most appropriate of places, but she was never an expert on timing. Though, now as a woman came running out from his door, near tears, she haulted in her steps, looking back at her, figuring that he must have forgotten, and curisioty overcoming her, wondering what that was all about. Of course, what Booth did in his love life/sex life was none of her business, she still wondered and made it her business. She never felt akward, only, protective. Which, he was her partner, shouldn't she be?

Approaching the door, glancing over to see the woman had now dissapeared, she furrowed her brows, becoming concerned. That couldn't have been good. "Booth." She called out, knocking a few times more, though it was taking longer than usual. Immediatly, she became, overly protective, knocking even harder, "Booth, don't make me kick down this door!"

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2008 at 06:21 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [35]

Calvin Booth

Calvin rarely had nightmares anymore. When he'd come back from Iraq he'd suffered from a nightmare almost every night and for some reason with his mind spinning from what had just transpired and the rain hitting the window panes he was lulled into a fiftful doze and the memories hit him all at once. He saw each of the soldiers of his until lying in the caskets, their faces pale and bloody as he remembered them as their corpses had been carreid out of the underground cell and he hadn't been able to look at the mangled bodies of people that he'd suffered so much with. The image then changed and the person in the casket wasn't any of the soldiers that he'd know but Rebecca and he felt his whole world come crashing down aroudn him as he knelt at the edge of the casket and took her cold hand in his, pressing it to his cheek as he called her name.. frantically.. and prayed that she would respond. He heard someone distantly saying it was his fault.. that he'd failed to protect her... and the voice seemed oddly familiar.. then he realized that it was Jared's voice and he felt as if his heart would stop.. and despair and anguish overwhelemed and he drifted into darkness.

A hard knock woke him and he sat bolt upright, staring into the darkness. he glanced at the clock. He hadn't been asleep for fifteen minutes and he groped int he darkness for his shirt and finding it he simply through it over his shoulders and slipped his arms intot he sleeves before he opened the door. "Booth, don't make me kick down this door!" He heard Rebecca's voice and he had to stop in the hallway and stare at the door. Memoreis of his nightmare came flooding back to him and he pressed his forehead against the wall and closed his eyes, biting his lip and he stared at the ground, trying to shake off the feeling of dread that seemed to fill him. It was only a dream and he knew it and with a deep breath he swallowed the knot in his throat as he heard Rebecca knock yet agian and he was certain that she wouldn't leave utnil he answered or she was certain that he wasn't there which woudl only be if she got in the house and saw for herself that he was not there. Of course he was sure that he woudl probably do the same if he felt like it was necssary and if he was worried about her.. he reached for the doorknob and rested his hand on it for a moment before he turned it and opend the door, revealing Rebecca standing in the doorway.

He coudln't help but smile when he sat her standint here.. any thoughts of dread and concern over what had happend with Julietta and then the dream that had followed completely gone. She wore light blue jean with a white v-neck top and a gray jacket over it. He couldn't help but be self conscious when he realized that his shirt wasn't even buttoned and his hair was tousled.. it was obvious that he'd been sleeping. "You know if you did that I'd have to call the cops on you..." he teased her as he leaned against the doorway and gazed at her with his warm brown eyes. "What are you doing here?" he asked, unsure of why on Earth she was standing on his doorstep holding containers of chinese food. He smiled when he saw the chinese food and laughed soflty. "trying to return a favor..." he asked fecetiously and then stepped back to allow her to come in. "Come on... we can't have you standing in the rain... you might get a cold or something.. and then your boyfriend would kill me.." he said with a slight chuckle.. though he was sure that she woulnd't appreciate the joke on how over protective Jean could be of her at times.. and personally he had to admit.. that he didn't like referring to Jean as Rebecca's boyfriend.. it made him feel... lost.

Old 11-10-2008 at 03:26 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [36]

Rebecca Cross

Rebecca stood their for a silent moment, contemplating wether or not she would be really kicking in the door if he weren't to answer. She furrowed her brows, becoming concerned, as she began to set down the plastic bag of Chinese takeout, until the door opened. She was on the verge of scolding him, until she haulted, her eyes becoming slightly wider than they were, and her eyes glancing down to his chest and masclune stomach. It was a very, nice, sight. Which she immediatly made her eyes divert back to his, thinking that were completely innapropriate. Though, answering your door half naked wasn't the definition of appropriate either. His features looked tired, and his hair was tousled, giving off the impression that he just came from sleeping with the woman that had walked off. At least, that's how she saw it.

Booth leaned against the door frame, seemingly not disurbed at the skin he was exposing in front of her. Which, shouldn't make her feel uncomfortable. "You know if you did that I'd have to call the cops on you..." She rolled her eyes, letting out a huff of a laugh, meeting his eyes. "What are you doing here, trying to return a favor?" Rebecca was correct on the assumption that he would forget their little meeting. He stepped back, invited her in, and she was thankful to be getting out of this rain, her wet hair against her skin, as she stepped in. "Come on... we can't have you standing in the rain... you might get a cold or something.. and then your boyfriend would kill me.." She spun around, her shoulders suddenly tensing. Jean didn't seem to concerned about her exposure to the elements the other day on the roof. She could feel her cheeks turn almost crimson. Perhaps, something got around at the Populaire? Booth was one of the most important people she did not want finding out about it. Why? She didn't know.

Realizing that she were overly thinking, she cleared her throat, looking at him innocently. "Why would Jean kill you over me getting a cold?" She inquired, making her way into his apartment, and putting down the bag on his kitchen table, removing her jacket. "it would just mean he finally had an excuse to wait on me hand and foot like he seems to want to do so much. But he's a great cook so I bet his chicken soup is fantastic... though chicken soup doesn't actually cure a cold like most people think. It does improve the immune system though but that's due to-" She stopped, looking over to Booth. She was speaking to much of Jean. They loathed one another, but she never fully understood why.

Turning the topic, she turned around, and began unloading the plastic boxes of food from the bag, "So, how was the intercourse?" She bluntly asked.

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2008 at 04:09 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [37]

Calvin Booth

Calvin had to admit that part of him was glad to see Rebecca. After the brief skirmish with Julietta he coudlnt' deny that he was rather put out by the whole thing. The other half of him.. that half of him that was ardently in love with her that on ocassion he could think straight.. wanted to disappear into his room and not even look at her, for one reason, and one reason only. Everytime he looked at her.. he was reminded of the one thing that he coudlnt' have.. and it was the one thing that he wanted so desperately.. so deeply.. that at times.. he feared he would go mad. Yet he couldn't help but smile now as he gazed at her because though at times she drove him insane another part of him knew that if he didn't get to see her that he would be lost.. that there would be no reason for him to even be in Paris. He watched her walk passed him, her arm brushing agianst his chest and he shivered and stood there in the doorway before he closed the door and walked into the kitchen where he poured himself a glass of water and drank the whole thing before looking back at her. He was consciuos that his shirt was unbuttoned, revealing his muscular chest and abdomen but if she was going to surprise him like thiis then she coudln't expect him to be dressed like he had been for Julietta.

He teasingly told her that if she got a cold Jean woudl kill him.. which was true.. he believed. Jean woudl find some way to pin it on Calvin and then the man woudl be angry with him and Calvin woudl simply tell him.. as he always did... that Rebecca was a grown woman.. that she coudl take care of herself that it wasn't his.. or anyoen else's job to monitor what she did and why she did the things that she chose to do. "Why would Jean kill you over me getting a cold?" She inquired, making her way into his apartment, and putting down the bag on his kitchen table, removing her jacket which he picked up and hung on a hook near the front door. He just stared at the jacket hanging on the hook and didn't answer.. but he didn't need becasue before he coudl've even think of how to explain Jean's over protectiveness of her she went off on one of her tangents that he enjoyed listening to. "it would just mean he finally had an excuse to wait on me hand and foot like he seems to want to do so much. But he's a great cook so I bet his chicken soup is fantastic... though chicken soup doesn't actually cure a cold like most people think. It does improve the immune system though but that's due to-" she stopped talking and he frowned, he didn't like it when she talked about Jean.. and she knew it.. obviously.. he didn't need to remind her for she didn't say anythign else as she began to take the chinese food out of the bag.

He came and sat down at the kitchen table, resting his elbow on the surface and then resting his chin in his hand and watching her work to remove each container one by one from the plastic bag. "So, how was the intercourse?" she asked and he looked at her blankly for the longest moment. "Intercourse?" he repeated the word as if it was somethign he'd never heard before and honestly he had not the slightest clue what she was talking about. It wasn't like someone had been here when she'd got here and they'd just walked out the door as she'd come in... then it hit him. Julietta. They must have passed each other in the hallway and he suddenly felt rather vulnerable... knowing she woudl want to know why Julietta left so upset. "I didnt' sleep with her..." he said in a rather weary tone.. as he stood up and walked to the balcony and stared out the sliding glassed door that was continuing to be pelted with rain. "Sometimes.. when I've had a bad day I sleep... " he explained, wondering if she would put two and two together and realize that was why he looked the way he did. "it doesnt' help me to forget it just.. helps me to escape." he explained as he sighed and turned back to her. "Why do you think I slept with her Bones.. because you passed her in the hallway..." he asked tyring to figure out just why she woudl think that. "Usually when poeple together they dont' leave after only two hours..' he said teasingly but he was completely serious and he looked down at her from where he stood, waiting for her to pelt him with a thousand questions as he was certain she would.

Old 11-22-2008 at 09:34 PM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [38]

Rebecca Temperence Cross .

"Intercourse?" Calvin repeated in a shocked tone. Rebecca, holding the almond chicken, looked down at him from his position at the table, furrowing her brows, not in understanding of how he seemed so suprise. His half dressed looks and unstyled hair, implicated that he had sexual relations with the women who had just walked out of his apartment. She knew that Booth wasn't all that comfortable in discussing their sex life with one another, but she had no problem with it. It wasn't something to be embarressed about. It was a natural act between two people. "I didnt' sleep with her." He attempted to assure her, getting up from the chair, and moving toward the window in the living room. Rebecca wasn't buying it all that entirely much, as she set down the chicken, turning to look at him fully from the kitchen. Something had occured with that woman. He didn't seem like himself.

It was silent for a moment, as she studied him with concern. First, he completely forgot about their meeting, which was not like him, and now to find him in this state? Rebecca had not a clue of what could be running through his mind or what could be troubling him, for the simple fact that she did not work well with emotion, though she was attempting too. Booth wasn't the easiest person to figure out. Putting things into perspective, it was impossible to figure someone else out, when you couldn't quite figure your own self out. "Sometimes, when I've had a bad day I sleep." He began in a low mumur, breaking the silence. Intently listening, she folded her arms, and made her way into the living room, standing behind him, and looking past his shoulder at his reflection in the glass. He looked incredibly troubled, causing her to become quite uncomfortable. Not because he was in this low state, but because she did not understand, and frankly did not know what to say or do. She wasn't comprehending anything, and it was not explaining that woman who had walked out from his apartment. "It doesnt' help me to forget it just, helps me to escape." She nodded in understanding with that. It was natural for a person, going through an issue or situation they felt they could not handle, to sleep through the problem. She would be getting close to physcology if she thought about why; something she loathed. She hoped though, that, that weren't the case. Booth usually handled everything fairly well, and he usually told her what his troubles were. Was there something he was hiding?

As he turned to face her, Rebecca straightened quickly, changing her expression to a blank one, as she looked up at him. "Why do you think I slept with her Bones, because you passed her in the hallway?" He inquired, returning to the first conversation. "Usually when poeple sleep together they dont' leave after only two hours." This had snapped something on inside of her. Actually, it was just a moment of her to talk and spew out facts that he was clearly missing.

"Actually, intercourse can only take minutes." She stated casually. "And Booth, you don't have to be ashamed if you did," Rebecca began explaining again, still thinking that were the case. "It does not symbolize any further relationship with the woman, sex is natural. We cannot help cues of sexual attraction. Body proportion and the symmetry of facial and body features serve as visual proxies for good genes and high fertility, the holy grails in the drive to procreate. Skills on the dance floor, sweaty tee shirts and sultry voices also play curious roles in the hunt for a mate." Stopping herself, she cleared her throat and shrugged, turning her head slightly from side to side, and shrugging. "And from what I saw, she was not grotesque looking."

Old 11-22-2008 at 10:09 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [39]

Calvin Booth

Calvin stared at his reflection in the window. He could see Rebecca standing just behind him and he could see the confused look in her eyes and he almsot wanted ot laugh, he would never be able to make her understand without him telling her that he had feelings for her, that he'd had feelings for her for almost ten years though he hadn't realized it until he'd seen her in Paris once more. He bit his lip and closed his head, resting his hand agiasnt the cold pane which was streaked with the rain that was falling outside. He moved so that eh coudl no longer see Rebecca's refleciton in the window. It was because of her, and the feelings he enteretained for her, that kept him from gettting close ot another woman. No matter how close she got to Jean, no matter how long he was alone he just coudn't bring himself to give his heart to another woman when it was no longer his to give. Rebecca had taken it long ago, she'd stolen it rihgt out from under him. The day he'd been offered a job working with her he recalled how his heart had sped up and a knot had formed in his throat, he'd attributed these things to mena that he didn't want to.. so he'd goen back to the army as a sniper.. and only when he'd spent days in the dark, bruised and beaten after being tortured for three weeks, did he close his eyes and see her the way he remembered her, and everyday after that he pictured her in his mind.. and it was what kept him sane.. but he would never tell her that.. she could never know.

He spun aroudn to face her and wasn't surprised t see that her confused look was gone and replaced wtih a blank expression that gave nothing away. He asked her why it seemd like he'ds slept with her, pointing out that when most people slept together they usually stayed longer then two hours. He could the familiar glint in her eyes when she was about to go off on some tangent and he waited for her to begin. "Actually, intercourse can only take minutes." She stated casually and he coudln't help but roll his eyes, pushing past her and walking into the kitchen. He retrieved a can of soada from the fridge and took a sip as she continued. "And Booth, you don't have to be ashamed if you did," Rebecca began explaining and he sighed, shaking his head. He wasn't ashamed when he slept with a woamn.. becuase usually when he did he had very strong feeligns for her. To be honest, the only woman he'd ever slept with had been Taressa.. and she was the mother of his son.. that had to mean something didn't it? "It does not symbolize any further relationship with the woman, sex is natural. We cannot help cues of sexual attraction. Body proportion and the symmetry of facial and body features serve as visual proxies for good genes and high fertility, the holy grails in the drive to procreate. Skills on the dance floor, sweaty tee shirts and sultry voices also play curious roles in the hunt for a mate." He glanced at her over his glass, wondering if she was finished and he saw her shrug as if she hadn't just lectured him on sex and everything else relation to it.

"And from what I saw, she was not grotesque looking." Calvin almsot wanted to laugh at that as he took a seat at the table and motioned for her to sit down. "Alright Bones let me explain something to you..." he pushed his drink aside and leaned forward on his elbows, staring at her for along moment before he shook his head and managed a smile. "I did not sleep with her..." he said seriously, his brown eyes boring into her blue ones intensely, trying to make her see that he hadn't slept with Julietta... and he strongly doubted that he ever would. "I'm not the kind of guy who just sleeps with anyone Bones.. there has to be an emotional connection... and there isnt' one between us.. we kissed.. I'll admit to that.. but that was it.. and we talked.. and I said.. something that upset her..." he explained, pikcing up his drink and taking a longer then necessary sip before he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "We share different views on sex and relatinoships in general but I'm sure you must know by now that I'm not driven by physical attraction to make love to someone..." he told her, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms over hsi chest, waiting for her to dive into another tengent about hwo making love was just what people did.. it had nothing to do with feeligns of emotions.. it was just instict. atleast according to her.

Old 01-13-2009 at 03:59 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [40]

OOC: That scene has been long over. First Calvin and Taressa rp. Someone grab the camera. BIC:

Calvin Booth

It had been a long and eshausting night to say the least. He'd gone and seen Rebecca and been there fo ra good few hours talkign with her and though he hadn't told her that he hadn't come back to Paris alone he was certain that she would find out soon enough. There wasn o keeping secrets in Paris it seemed and sooner of later someone woudl tell ehr.. or she would see for herself.. that Taressa and Parker had come back with him. It hadn't been liek he'd gone to New York planning to bring them back.. in fact he'd gone expecting some hostile court battle of the visitation rights as the father of his son and instaed he'd been faced with odl feelings and forgotten meories. He hadn't counted on Taressa being so cordial toward him.. let alone having him over for dinner almost every night and inviting him back whenever he wanted. It had been a strange and almost surreal expericence has he'd gottne to know his son and remet the woman he'd loved for almost foure years but hadn't seen for almost five due tot eh way they'd parted a riany night so many years ago. It had been when Polaris had called him adn he'd returned ot the kitchen where Taressa sat, reading over a case file that he realized hw anted her there with him... to face this and anything else that life wante dot throsw at him.. no matter what happened.. he wnated her there.. with him.

He didn not propose to her though. It probably would've been more proper if he had but somethign isnide him woudln't allow him to do it.. not agian. She'd rejected him once... when he'd thought that there was no possible reason for her to refuse... truth be told her was afraid to try that step with her agani and so he'd simply explained to her taht he had to leave.. his partner had been shot and was in critical condition.. then he asked her to come back with him.. her and Parker.. if they called right that minute they woudl be able to get the same flight back to Paris that very night. He'd run home while Taressa had pakced her and Parker's things and he'd promised that whatever they forgot he woudl ahve Jared and Camille box up and send to them.. whatever she wante.d. he woudl maek sure it was sent to where they woudl be living in Paris. Calvin had briefly wondered as he'd sat down in his seat with Parker in between him and Taressa if he was being to rash. Was grief dring him to the edge of insanity? Was is because he was tried of bieng alone that he was becoming desperate? He didn't know and frankly he didn't quesiton it.. he just took the hadn of the woman he loved and watched out the window for the enitre seven hour plane ride.. hardly tlaking her for fear of waking their sleeping son who was breathing deeply in the seat between them.. untroubled by what was going on... just content that he was going to be with his parents.. boht of his parents.

Now Calvin carried a sleeping parker cradled in one arm and partly draped over his shoulder while he carried the biggest suitcase in the other along with a bag slung over his shoulder. He was grateful taht he was only on the second floor as he reached the right landing and set down the suitcase to fish his keys out of his pocket. He glanced back at Taressa who had two suitcases and a purse slung over her hsoulder. "Its not much.. but ther'es room enoughfor the three of us I think.." he said with a slight smile as he nudged the door open with his foot and picked up the stuicase he'd set down. He didn't turn on any lights as he entered.. he didn't realy have a free hand to do so and he walked over to the sofa that coudl be made into a pull out bed but for now it woudl ahve to do.. it was almost two in the morning and at the moment he didn't feel like dpulling it out and getting everyhign ready. He laid his son back agianst the pillows and covered him wiht a blanket, tuckikng it carefullya round him and ruffling his hair slighlty with his hand as he stood and gazed down at the boy who had just turned five in November... a beautiful child that resembled boht his parents so much.. yet seemded ot have a look that was all his own which made him so enderaing to eveyrone he met.

Calvin turend back to Taressa dn motioned for her to follow him. He led her down the hallway and opened a door that was a makeshift study that they woudl turn into Parker's room when they got the chance.. it had originally been intended as small dining room but for a little five year old boy hew as certain that it woudl be fine. he just had to get the file cabinets moved out and maybe they woudl paint it once they got the chance. He motioend for her to put Parker's bag down in here along with the little carry on that held a couple of his cars.. a few story books and a stuffed monkey that he said he'd named George because he loved ot the read the Curious George books. ONce Parker's bags were stowed neatly int eh closet that would seen be the boys' room he took Taressa by the elbow with is now freee hadn and led her back tot he rom that woudl be they woudl sleep.. together.. it was a strange thought.. soemthign the never thought would come to be but he wad glad he'd been wrong and as he opened the door he smiled slightly at the clutter that littered hte floor but he was certaint woudl be lcean by morning if the woman walking behidn him ahd anything to say about it.

he helped her stow the suitcases in the rather large walk in closet.. they woudl unpcak tomorrow morning. After everything had been done he turend to her and stepped closer to her, taking her into his arms. "You must be tired..." he muttered soflty as he held her close to him and placed a gnetle kiss ont he top of head. Since the kiss they'd shared in the kitchen at Taressa's condo in New York and then the passionate moment after she'd come home upset and distraught after a horrible date they'd only kissed and showed true affection whn theyw ere alone.. though he didn't hesitate to take her hand every now and then just to see a smile corss her lisp eh was surprised.. with five years to maek up for.. how reserved adn behaved both of them were. Now however he had no reason to behave himself and with a smiel he puleld her down besid ehim and held her close.. he was to tired to do anythign else so he ocntened himself with gnetle kisses and loving caresses. "Thank for givine me a second chance..." he whispered soflty as he lenaed back agiasnt the pillows with her cuddled agaisnt him. "I honeslty didn't think this woudl how thing woudl turn out.. but I have to admit that I'm gald I was wrong..." he kissed her on the forehead. "You'll both love it here.. I"m sure of it..." he said resolutely as he continued to hold her close. They may ahve been separated for five longs years because of one simple word of rejection... but both of them were being given a second chance and though he dind't know what woudl happen.. how long it woudl take before he compeltely trusted her again... he was glad for the opportunity.. and determined that this time.. things woudl be different.