The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Le Quartier Latin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Christine | Gender: Feminina | Age: 32 | Posts: 1,573 | Roses: 460
Old 01-04-2010 at 03:49 AM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Le Petit Bistro [7]  Post [1] »

In the center of the Latin Quarter rests a small, family owned bistro named "The Little Bistro," though it has grown much larger despite its conflicting name. Small, green café tables are neatly arranged on the front patio, while the interior provides a more intimate setting for those who want to get away. An elderly man and his wife work behind the counter, providing coffee, biscuits, croissants, and more for your heart's content. Every night the lights dim low as a jazz band ignites the air with lively jazz music. The Little Bistro is the perfect place to take your lover on a fabulous date, or for just relaxing with a nice cup of tea on a moderate Paris evening with family.

• No spamming and follow proper RPG rules.
  • For the time being you may be in more than one thread at a time.
  • When this thread reaches 200 a moderator will start the new thread.
  • Have fun and enjoy!

Last Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingChild<3 View Post
Myron Bolitar

Soap...Salsa... This woman needed anyone of those strategies that moms had always used when their children would use vulgar language. For Myron, it was always a look. Yeesh. He inwardly cringed every time he thought about that look. Sure, a look compared to the belt, or a slap wouldn't seem that tragic, but once you expierenced, "The Look" his parents gave him when he was a child, he was sure everyone would understand. He supposed he could use this look on the woman who ferociously like some wild beast, snatched the napkins from his hand, wiping at her. The look would probably turn out as if he had to take a massive- erm-how you say, number two? Then she would probably curse at him even more. Myron should just be happy he didn't get mortiied easily.

"Actually, I feel more like kicking your ass." She seethed at him. So, at this point, anyone who had a brian would make a pretty clear conclusion that she was pissed. Pissed. It twas' but a word that was not in Myron's vocabulary for people around him. Wow, apparently Shakespeare was though... Twas'?

Myron, not paying attention to the crowd they had seemed to form, slid his hands into his pockets, tilting his head, and smirking. "That actually would be very entertaining. It's a nice ass to kick, excuse me for tooting my own horn," He purposely looked over behind her, and gave her a wink, making a noise on the side of his cheek. "Just as long as you allow me to kick yours." Leave it to Mr. Bolitar to smooth things over, right?

Becoming quite serious now, he stepped slightly closer to her, looking down. "Listen, I'm greatly sorry. If you would like me to purchase you a new beverage, I shall." He told her, putting up a finger as to catch himself. "And that is not an invitation to a sortive' date. Just... a beverage from a sorry man."

<b><i>Ubaldo Piangi</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 01-06-2010 at 12:40 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Jennifer Hennings

This just kept getting better and better, didn't it? First, a stupid, uncoordinated waitress; now, some jacka-- intentionally - intentionally! - spilling water on her pants. Yeah. Now the guy was looking satsified at himself. Whoop-de-doo. Thanks for not helping the situation, man. Jen was now grabbing more napkins from the table and wiping vigorously at her pants. Well, maybe it did help - a little. At least the tea wasn't boiling her leg anymore. She could still feel the slight tingling sting from the hot tea on her lamp. Jen looked down at her seat, soaked in tea and water. She wasn't sitting down there anymore. Jen pressed her lips together, still fuming. She had just lashed out on this guy and she didn't care what he frickin' thought of her.

"That actually would be very entertaining. It's a nice ass to kick, excuse me for tooting my own horn," What the hell? Jen looked up at him, a mixture of irritation and confusing on her face, which probably had turned a little red (she wouldn't admit to being embarassed.) She slowed in her cleaning for a moment as she actually got a good look at the guy. He definitely had that smarta-- look to him. That little smile could be enough to charm a girl or completely torque someone off. "Just as long as you allow me to kick yours." Wow. We got ourselves a Mr. Smooth Talker, huh? Considering she had just kind of threatened him - even if it was an empty threat - this guy seemed pretty at ease. He was probably used to picking and settling his own fights.

"Listen, I'm greatly sorry. If you would like me to purchase you a new beverage, I shall." His voice changed. The smart-alecky tone turned a little more sincere. At least, it seemed more sincere. Jen managed a small semi-smile. Actually, it was barely a smile at all - just kind of a twitch of the lip. Now he was going to buy her a drink? That sounded like- "And that is not an invitation to a sortive' date. Just... a beverage from a sorry man." Jen finally stopped wiping herself. This was as dry as she could get it right now. She'd have to wait until she got home to change, if her pants hadn't completely dried out by then. "No..." she threw the towel on the table, then decided to add, "thanks. I'm suddenly not thirsty anymore," she said with a huff as she glanced down at the darkened wet spot on her jeans. She sighed again and looked up at the man. "Look, sorry for being an ass a moment ago." Was she apologizing? Weird. "'Scalding' and 'in my lap' is not the way I like my tea... Do you wanna' sit?" She nodded her head to the other side of the table - the dry side.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-15-2010 at 04:27 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

OOC: Sorry for late :( for Easy, Kip and Ella BIC:

Gabrielle Muley

The week was so close to done. Thursday. Then Friday and then the end...reset. She was looking forward to that, and she was pretty excited to be able to stay home for three weeks straight. She would have more time to do things she wanted...like actually find more time to get to the laundry on her own. Kip does fine until it comes to sorting...he could run the wash, but she just had to sort for him. He had missed one black sock in the whites. Nothing more to say after that. At first she was flustered in how he could miss black in the midst of white, but she figured it was in her white jeans. Then she noted to never wear black socks with white jeans...unless she made a note to actually remove the socks and make sure they didn't get stuck in the jeans. She would have more time with Kip since the piano would mean he had less hours to go in, but once he had everything fully written and musicians were hired then he would have to go in at least four times a week. She would stay up to make sure he didn't put unreasonable hours in front of him, but he was better at that then she was.

That day they agreed to go out for coffee or something since she had dropped by and had lunch with him and they agreed if they were still hungry there were always the leftovers from Wednesday night. She had ordered herself black coffee and she figured she would let Kip debate over coffee or tea. She sat down and shook her packet of Splenda. Tearing the top off, she plucked at the packet since nothing would spill out. Some missed the mug and she found a napkin to sweep it in after she used her fingers to collectively gather it into a small pile. She sat there for a good ten minutes just stirring and reading a book. She never liked her coffee hot and it always burnt her. She turned her head up occasional to see if Kip was walking through the door, but still no sign of him. She shrugged and she would give him a few minutes before wondering if he forgot. He was rather absent minded today, but probably because he had a lot on his mind. She hoped her nightmares would go down so she wouldn’t keep him up. She wanted to tell him to go back to sleep, but he wouldn’t go back to sleep until she was quiet and stopped crying. He was just concerned that often. She was glad that he was concerned, but she would sometimes have to get over it herself.

Besides, he had more than nightmare saving on his mind. He still had a few songs to write and most of them to record. He still had a month, but he was just thinking about getting there before the deadline to still make edits. He was a perfectionist. As much as Gabrielle had her moments, she wasn’t exactly OCD. Neither was he, but he wanted things to be close to perfect as possible. There were things that he cared about and there things he did…this was something he most definitely cared about. She would make sure not to ask too much of him, bother him too much, but going out this evening was his, and collaboratively her idea. She sat back and saw that the steam from her cup had thinned and she brought it close to her face and it felt warm. She took a small spoon full and let it waterfall from the spoon back into the cup. A gentle plopping sound came from the action. She touched the spoon with a finger to make sure it wasn’t unbearable. It was warm. Good. She took a sip and sighed a bit. She looked out the window as she took a few more sips and still no sign of Kip. It wouldn’t exactly be logical to say that he forgot, but it would be funny. She looked up and saw another familiar face, “Easy, what are you doing here?”

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 01-17-2010 at 11:40 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

Easy had meant to order something to eat when he had stopped at the bistro. Honestly, he had~till he caught the first odors of food, a mixture of dishes that made him feel ill, not hungry, and he gritted his teeth as he stood waiting to place an order for something he could tolerate: Parisian almost-Coke. But, he was being swayed by one thing that was fragrant, not stomach-lurching: coffee. He suddenly had the urge for one of those mocha-latte-whatevers, perhaps because he soon would have to brave the cold once more. He had stopped off at Sanctuary to stash his violin and music satchel before venturing out once more just because he had been solitary too much lately, meaning that he had too much time for contemplation, which was definitely not a good thing at this point in his life. He was dressed sensibly for once, having caved in and purchased winterwear that managed to please him, including black Isotoner gloves that comforted hands abused by too much playing. He felt bundled up and totally unattractive, what with the heavier boots, shirt, sweater and coast, plus a chenille scarf to wrap around his throat, blocking the icy tendrils that seemed to be seeking an unprotected spot. Maybe he shouldn't have gone all black, he mused, wondering if being a walking rainbow would have been a better choice. After having been accustomed to dressing for display, he had yet to adjust to sensible attire though Paris had broken him of some old habits. Until spring, what chance did he have of anyone noticing him the way he dreamed of being noticed?

His order was quickly filled and paid for, then he turned to head toward the door. As he did so, he heard, “Easy, what are you doing here?” Hearing his name surprised him so that he came very close to dropping the go-container now making his left hand toasty. The golden gaze swept the patrons till he spotted a familiar face turned toward him: Gabrielle. He smiled in response, going to her table but not taking a seat since he supposed she might be expecting someone, perhaps the boyfriend he'd heard whispers of in the orchestra pit though he tried not to pay attention to gossip, fearing that a good share of it might be about him.

"Hi, Gabrielle." For some reason, he felt awkward and somewhat uncomfortable, perhaps because he felt buried in his clothing. The light-colored cup seeming to grow to ridiculous proportions in his mind's eye as he considered the unflattering image he must present~not that he wanted to try to impress the girl. It was simply that he always felt ill at ease when a conversation did not include intimacy, as if his alleycat nature could make up for his lack of social skills. Sexy moves equated Who cares what you're saying?! in his estimation. Take away sexiness, and he was at a loss. No hotness revealed to the world what a loser he truly was.

"Coffee," he added at last, moving his hand as if to demonstrate, relieved that the lid held securely. "Fancy coffee. Didn't know it was gonna be such a big cup. Guess I should've gone with the Coke after all." He groaned inwardly, wincing outwardly, as the words seemed to thud to the floor between them. Why did nothing clever ever come to his lips? Well, on the streets, he sometimes had managed a snappy, snippy, smartalecky remark. But, in the company of a genuinely nice girl, he was hopeless. "Thought I'd kill some time before..." He paused, shrugging, grinning ruefully. "More practice maybe." It didn't matter that he was pleasing Anton Arkady and the OH conductor; he still felt as if he was going to be found out someday and banned from the orchestra. He couldn't decide if he liked that idea or not as he continued to walk the edge, knowing one misstep would plunge him completely into his old lifestyle.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-18-2010 at 03:31 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Gabrielle Muley

Not really being such a sociable person, it was a pleasant surprise to see friends around the city. It was always exciting to see a familiar face. It was Paris…how often did you see a friend around? She had conversations with Easy and they had discussed violin lessons a few times. The thing was to find the time since she had moved out of the Opera. She believed that he didn’t even know she used to live there since he never really asked or brought it up. But she was sure he knew her problem around the Opera. At least they have silenced a bit and the most she got was, Nice picture Muley…it was actually a compliment, they just had this disgusting snarl in their voice…the news and magazines were with the occasional picture of her and Kip going to and from a performance he was at or something or even just walking through the park was difficult. She wondered if Easy knew anything about this. He didn’t seem like the newspaper “slash” magazine fanatic, but she never knew. They just talked about music, violin lessons, and how stupid gossip was around the Opera.

He was like her older brother at times; it was like silent support, "Hi, Gabrielle." he seemed pleased to see her, which she was to see him. It was always nice to see friends from the Opera since she didn’t stop by as often as she would if she lived there…but that was the obvious story to things. She had run into Gillian and Annie a few times while walking home or while out doing the groceries so she knew how weird it could be seeing people under different circumstances. That was the good thing about seeing Easy; he probably didn’t know if she was living at the Opera before or not. He gestured to his cup, "Coffee," she nodded and smiled as she nonchalantly pointed to her own cup, "Fancy coffee. Didn't know it was gonna be such a big cup. Guess I should've gone with the Coke after all." he groaned a bit and sighed. She smiled and laughed in a single breath as she gazed at the coffee cup. There were stains from where the coffee dripped down and were it made smudges…or something like that.

"Thought I'd kill some time before..." she nodded. Like her he would probably be on a break as well before the spring season again. Then finally things would pile up on themselves like life naturally did, "More practice maybe." he suggested to himself.

Gabrielle remembered her inquiring about buying or finding a violin for her use, "Oh about practice…" she tuned in more since she was gazing at the wall for a moment after he stopped speaking, "Did you find a violin I could rent or buy? And you don’t have to teach me…I could teach myself just give me a few starts…" she grinned. She had thought about it for a long time and she figured that now was better than later. Besides later, would probably be out of the question.

OOC: Easy and Ella should talk for...two three more replies and then Kip can jump in...whatever works out right :) BIC:

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 01-19-2010 at 09:23 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

"Oh about practice…", Gabrielle began, and Easy focused his attention completely on the girl, knowing he had a tendency to become distracted, something that had worsened lately till he feared losing concentration while a part of the orchestra. "Did you find a violin I could rent or buy? And you don’t have to teach me. I could teach myself just give me a few starts." Her smile put him somewhat at ease, and he nodded as he boldly took a seat at her table, setting the cup on the table.

"There are violins at Sanctuary, the house I live in, and I could do that~rent it. Maybe Mr. Mehmet would be OK with that." Actually, that was an outright lie, as he did not intend to ask Jamil, instead hoping to add any rental fee to his secret stash that someday might pay in part for his freedom, if there ever could be such a thing in his life. Falling into one of his crooked grins, he continued his offer: "I could give you a really good deal, Gabrielle. You could check around. Then, you could learn and not worry till later about getting a violin. I mean, you might change your mind though you're so smart and talented I bet you catch on right away. I can help you and maybe so can my teacher, Mr. Arkady. He prob'ly wouldn't yell at you like he does at me a lot. I don't think he means it~most of it. I'm just..." He sighed, the grin wavering. "I guess he figures it takes more to keep me in line. I don't mind. Monsieur Moreau~the man who was my voice teacher~was tough with me, too." Another sigh escaped him, as the pain of that loss swept over him yet again. "I really miss him. He~he called me little beast in French." The words had caught in his throat as he realized that he might never see Lazare Moreau again or, for that matter, Lilith Eytinge and Iah Raksha. Was he fated to lose everyone who had meant something to him? What was the use of making friends or the sense of falling in love, even if it was simply infatuation?

Old 01-24-2010 at 11:33 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Gabrielle Muley

Gabrielle found it amusing how Easy though that she would think it boring to talk to since he was the outcast of the orchestra. Didn’t he somewhat notice that there was just a few sections that conversed at a time. It is rare to find an entire orchestra how loves spending time together. Very rare. There’s always going to be the section break downs and sometimes there will be a few left behind on their own. Sometimes those few didn’t really figure out that they could relate to each other. She wondered of Easy and Vaylin talked to each other. They both worked in the strings section so maybe they at least notice each other.

String instruments. She always wanted to play one, but it just seemed that when she started looking around for lessons she was somewhat forced with the French horn. She was looking for a teacher and the teacher only knew the French horn and she was interested so she learned by using hers for a while. When she found that she enjoyed it so much she saved for her own. She somewhat forgot that the strings existed until she went to orchestra performances that were sponsored at her school and she would help backstage or with a few musicians to see if they needed anything. It wasn’t exactly the best way to get your name out there, but it was a way to show them that you truly appreciate what they do for a living and that’s how Gabrielle started out with her love hate relationship with music. Hate? Because it was so hard to maintain perfect grades, so her time would shift. When her parents intervened the story changed a bit and shifted towards grades again. That was fine and all, but, it just wasn’t her fit to do something in the scientific field, working with patients or studying in law firms at a young age never interested her more or less when she was an adult. What she had now was perfect on its own. Music. Being able to do both explore what she loved and going back to the basics and the strict nature of the art. With the orchestra you blend to make one voice. Their personalities may..will never blend but they could still practice and practice and when the pieces finally come together, it such a universal things that it comes together almost flawless and within a few hours of working through it section by section it’s perfect. That’s the beauty of orchestra. Music is such a universal things that they can come together without having the pieces interaction too much. That can’t happen with dance, or with theater or with any other performance art form. Contact is necessary there…if you don’t get along well, don’t talk to them in any other fashion other than rehearsal.

Right now she was very serious about learning to play the violin. She has pretty much considered it her entire life. So much just recently that she wanted to buy it as soon as possible. She wasn’t sure how easily she would pick up the pieces and she was sure that she won’t tell the managers anything about this extra circular activity of hers. She didn’t want them to know that she halfed her time towards other things. But everyone did that in general life…she just did most of that in the music world. She still managed to write her own pieces while helping Kip by working out a few kinks. In fact she had already written that last piece and she didn’t need it but for two more weeks. It seemed that she was much more organized and she had a lot of time to work since the piano at home didn’t have several other composers waiting to use it. She actually wrote the song as a duet for the French horn and the piano. She asked Kip to help her test it out, but she let him figure out most of the piece on his own. He was still learning to read music, while keeping it at a minimum that it doesn’t affect his writing…which she was sure that if he learned all there is to know about the piano it still wouldn’t change. He figured most of the piece, but just to save time she played it once and she let him experiment with the rest. It ended out pretty nicely, "There are violins at Sanctuary, the house I live in, and I could do that~rent it. Maybe Mr. Mehmet would be OK with that." Gabrielle felt her eyes widen she wanted to at least rent one just because the music store down the road still was waiting for her order to come in. Last week, found it, bought it now she’s waiting for it. She hadn’t told Kip yet, and she was still debating whether to bring it home or not. The rental…she would most definitely bring home the one she bought. They told her two to three weeks. She was slightly impatient but she would wait…

"I could give you a really good deal, Gabrielle. You could check around. Then, you could learn and not worry till later about getting a violin. I mean, you might change your mind though you're so smart and talented I bet you catch on right away. I can help you and maybe so can my teacher, Mr. Arkady. He prob'ly wouldn't yell at you like he does at me a lot. I don't think he means it~most of it. I'm just..." Gabrielle was about to interject but he seemed to have more to say. She often did that, almost cut him off since she just felt comfortable around him…she felt that kind of relaxed conversation…like with Reese, but she usually cut to the chase before Gabrielle did, "I guess he figures it takes more to keep me in line. I don't mind. Monsieur Moreau~the man who was my voice teacher~was tough with me, too." she nodded. She knew he had a pretty difficult background…shady background. She was surprised and somewhat glad that Kip had avoided most of those things, but Easy on the other hand just seemed to have an arrow pointed at him constantly…or something like that, "I really miss him. He~he called me little beast in French." She pressed her lips together trying to find something to say coming off of that…he was done.

“Petite Bête,” she smiled sure that it wouldn’t affect him, but if at all just a tad. He was usually a good sport about things and just took them into stride…well at least around her. She was sure that he put on a different since around certain people. Just another variation that life gave as a complication to someone, “Something like that?” she was sure that he figured and translate it out if he didn’t know French that well but surely he would recognized the way it sounded. She tried to change the subject…just a bit too deep of context for a Bistro, “Umm, actually I just might rent it for two…three weeks. The music store said mine’s coming in until then.” She smiled. She hoped this subject in the conversation would end before Kip came, just because she wanted to surprise him or something…probably just come home and play the violin. He told her about Demi’s sister…Cecilia? She had a hand at the instrument…she wondered what he would say. Hopefully it would get on his nerves…he didn’t exactly have a grudge…against..her? Okay fine it was a…problem…not disliking, but complication. She’ll stop there.

“So yea…if I just held one and tried it out for a while with a few tips maybe I’ll get an understanding for it. I’m just going to teach myself the notes and you can probably show me a few techniques for perfecting it, but I’m sure I can looking at videos and stuff, observe people…I’ll pick it up eventually. I don’t really intend on working with the violin professionally.”

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 01-25-2010 at 12:09 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Kypton West

Kypton awoke to the sound of the phone ringing. He rolled off the bed and grabbed at the reciever, pressing it to his ear as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He said hello in a groggy voice and then heard Joel on the other end, demanding to know where he'd been all morning. All morning? Kypton glanced at the clock. It was almost ten o'clock. His heart sank. He was supposed to go in really early that morning to finish the last few touch ups onthe album that was going to be released in less then three weeks. It was crucial that he go in because the deadline was looming over them. Kypton sighed and tried to remember why he hadn't gotten up. He'd gone to bed early the previous night with a headache and he figured that getting a good night sleep would help him. He woke up at about three in the morning aching and miserable and he'd laid there four hours until he heard Ella's alarm and he lied and told her that he had to go in later that morning. He was pretty certain she knew it was a lie but she didn't argue and simply got dressed and left. He hadn't even gotten up to kiss her goodbye... for some reason he just felt miserable.. his chest was congested and his head ached... every joint seemed stiff.. he knew it was just a cold.. but becasue of it he'd simply gone back to sleep instead of calling Joel.

He could hear his manager cursing as Kypton explained to him what was going on. There was no way he could sing today. His manager finally hung up, resigned that they would be set back a couple of days while Kypton got better. Then he realized that he'd agreed to meet Ella for lunch. He glanced at the clock and bit his lips, he only had five minutes to get over there nd be on time. He wasn't going to make it. He gingerly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom where he splashed his face with water. He didn't have time to shower like he wanted. He din't even grab anything to eat. Instead he simply threw on a shirt and some jeans. He felt slightly unsteady on his feet and hope that Ella woudln't noticed. She hadn't seemed concern when she'd left which was a good thing... there was no point in her trying to stay home from work to when it was just a cold. Curious he checked his temperature as he made the bed... the last thing he wanted was her thinking he'd left in a hurry. The thermometer beeped.. it was a slight fever of 101.. he could ignore. he'd felt off last night and his throat had felt dry and scratchy. He sang a few notes.. his vocie wasn't to effected.. she woudlnt' notice.. he was sure.

Kypton grabbed his scores.. ocassionally when he was just sitting with Ella he got inspiration for a song and wrote it down. She never minded.. in fact she always said how cute it was the way his hand twitched and the expression on his face was priceless. Kypton headed out for the bistro, already thinking about the hot bowl of soup he was going to order when he got the bistro. He checked the digital watch that Ella had gotten him during the week of his album debut.. an early Christmas she'd told him and Kypton had thanked her. He was glad that she'd given it to him before adn that he hadnt' gotten rid of it the days after teh Christmas Ball. He'd been tempted. If he had though he woudlnt 'know now that he was running twenty minutes late. He was never late for anything. Sure he liked to go places at hi leisure but he was also very punctual. It was something that he and Ella had in common. If one of them was late there was usually a very good reason... he didn't see this as a very good reason. He tried to ignore the people walking by that kept staring at him.. he imagined he must look a sight.. he'd combed his hair to try and get what tangles he could out of it.. contemplating shaving it as he always did when he was in a hurry.

He approached the bistro and imediately started scanning for Ella. He was already feeling giddy at the thought of seeing her even though he was concerned about what she might say if she realized that he wasn't feeling that well. Knowing her she would probably ask him if he wanted to go home and get some rest. He was certain she was having a relatively good morning. Things had gotten better between them of late. She had started to let him hold her again when they slept.. put an arm around her whent hey sat on the couch and even come up behind her and kiss her on the neck when she was standing out on the balcony with a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, or cider... depending on the mood she was in. He found that he had a slightly jump in his step as he thought more about it. He entered the bistro and looked around. He didn't see her. He asked a passing waitress if a miss Gabrielle Muley had been seated and the woman nodded. Seemingly amused that Kypton pose such a questino to her.. nonetheless she led him through the bistro out to the small terrace where quiet a few groups sat... some alone, some in twos and threes. Kypton followed the woman over towards the corner and was surprised to see that Ella was sitting across from a young man.

Then Kypton stopped. He knew that young man. From the cemetary and the library. Kypton felt slighlty numb with surprise and shock. What was the boy doing here? He shook it off and realized that the woman had approached them and said that he was there probably. Kypton moved over tot he table.. he wasn't going to act shocked.. he was going to act like Easy wasn't htere. He smiled when Ella looked up to him. The congestion in his chest and the fact tha the might look a little pale or out of sorts was forgotten. He just wanted to act normal. smiled as he sat down in the chair and leaned across the table to give her a brief kiss on her cheek. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting to long... I can see that you found some company..." Kypton said, forcing a smile as he glanced at Easy. It wasn't that he disliekd the boy... quiet the contrary, it was simply that everytime he met Easy the boy seemed more and more moody.. what would he be like this time. He turned to Ella. "You haven't ordered anything yet have you? I'm starved..." alright now his discomfort was obvious and he had to take a sip of the water that the wiatress had set in front of him to keep from coughing... this wasn't turning out to be as pleasant and relaxed as he'd originally hoped.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010 at 02:11 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

OOC: Of course, mine takes place in between the preceding two, so I'm backtracking slightly. BIC:

Easy "Cat" Tanner

"Petite Bête," she translated, smiling as she did so, but the sound of the words evoked such pain though he fought it, forcing a smile in return, nodding rather jerkily. Hearing the French, Lazare's voice seemed to fill his head. If he closed his eyes, he could see the man, relive that visit to Moreau's apartment, such a brief time with the volatile man who had been confused and angered by his pupil's intrusion. Easy had never returned, doubting he would be allowed in, not after practically confessing how he felt about the chorus master now gone from Opera Populaire. "Something like that?" she said, and he nodded again, his smile rather wan but still there.

About his offer to rent, she seemed agreeable: "Umm, actually I just might rent it for two…three weeks. The music store said mine’s coming in until then." For a moment, he felt foolish that he had made the offer then thought that perhaps he had done the right thing. In two or three weeks, she could do a lot of learning while awaiting the arrival of the instrument. It wouldn't be much of an addition to his freedom fund, but any amount was welcome. "So yea…if I just held one and tried it out for a while with a few tips maybe I’ll get an understanding for it. I’m just going to teach myself the notes and you can probably show me a few techniques for perfecting it, but I’m sure I can looking at videos and stuff, observe people…I’ll pick it up eventually. I don’t really intend on working with the violin professionally."

"Maybe after rehearsal someday we can go by my place and you can pick out which one you want~if you~um~trust me." He suddenly had realized that he had deservedly earned a bad reputation and that it might be unwise for Gabrielle to visit him unaccompanied. "You could bring a friend maybe~if you want. Or..." He paused, considering other possibilities. "I guess I could try to pick out a good one for you." But, he really wanted to share his home with someone, perhaps because he had spent so many lonely hours lately, when the emptiness of the house bothered him to a distressing degree.

Just as he finished speaking, someone arrived at the table, and he looked up to see the young man he had met at the cemetery and the library, both encounters ending badly, with him retreating, deeply upset, close to anger, hurting at the lack of understanding he had felt from the singer. Although his presence was acknowledged, Kypton (as he recalled) had not looked at him fully, perhaps fearing another emotional outburst. From the kiss and the words that followed, it was obvious that they had a luncheon date. Was this the reason for the whispers about Gabrielle? He had never listened to the gossip, knowing how often that he was the topic of discussion. So, he had never known what it was that focused their attention on Gabrielle, who seemed so quiet, demure and sweet. Perhaps it was her sweetness that drew the venom.

Standing, Easy picked up the go cup, ready to bow out. "I~um~guess I better go, Gabrielle. I~I didn't know you two knew each other. If you want to stop by, just let me know at rehearsal. I don't usually have much else to do." His gaze flickered nervously from tabletop to Gabrielle to a side glance at the older man. "I'll get outta your way now. Bye. I-it was n-nice seeing you again, Kypton." He tried to sound as if he meant it. Maybe that would count for something, but weighed against the other two encounters, it probably was like a couple of feathers against~what?~maybe a pile of rocks or bricks. The guy probably had him sized up for the emotional mess he truly was. There was no use fighting that impression. "See you at rehearsal," he added as he backed away a few steps then turned to leave.

OOC: They can stop him if that's needed for this scene. If he's made welcome, maybe we could have them both invited to Sanctuary. BIC:

Old 01-26-2010 at 10:25 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Gabrielle Muley

"Maybe after rehearsal someday we can go by my place and you can pick out which one you want~if you~um~trust me." she was surprised at the offer, it was kind of him but she couldn't just go there...well technically he invited her but she jut antes to borrow or rent one from him if the one she was waiting for would take longer. She wasn't in a hurry to get it but she wanted to learn as much as soon as she gets it. She found hat instruments such as the French horn and viloin should be learned with the musician. If she were to even hold another French horn she would find it were...most say the same goes for most instruments...probably it's most applicable to portable instruments. She could understand that, "You could bring a friend maybe~if you want. Or..." He paused. Gabrielle had actually considered that. Not that she didn't trust easy at all but she just wanted to take Kip just because she was unsure about how he would react if she asked to go to someone's house regardless of who they where she was she he would at least want to come along He began again, "I guess I could try to pick out a good one for you." he suggested.

She sat there for a while contemplating on how to go about this. She didn't want to make easy feel like she didn't trust him but she didn't want to be too sure of herself. She tapped her fingers against the mug while she was trying to think of something to say to him. Without warning Kip came to the side of the table. She looked up and smiled but it slowly wanned. He looked slightly...pale. Whne he briefly kissed her on the heel she felt his forhead was a bit warm, she assumes he just walked in from outside. She lookeddown a bit trying to figure out what was wrong as he sat down. He probably was just having an off morning, "Hope I didn't keep you waiting to long... I can see that you found some company..." she just shrugged. He was fine she was glad she found Easy ao they could have this conversation without Kip finding out about the violin, "You haven't ordered anything yet have you? I'm starved..." she was about to reply but Easy interjected, probably feeling odd listening and just sitting there in the conversation, he was always easily embarrassed, "I~um~guess I better go, Gabrielle. I~I didn't know you two knew each other. If you want to stop by, just let me know at rehearsal. I don't usually have much else to do. she felt bad for not tryin to at least introduce him to Kip but at least that was settles out...oh no be brought up "drop by"...Oh no. Kip as going to ask.

"I'll get outta your way now. Bye. I-it was n-nice seeing you again, Kypton." the awkward nature of the conversation between the two made her question if they've met before and they didn't exactly get off on the right foot.

"See you at rehearsal," Easy let his voice trail off a bit and eventually he turned. She wanted to let him continue walking away but she felt bad...it felt like she kicked him out of the conversation...so muh for suprise, "Easy...can Kip come with me when I visit?" sure he offered but they seemed to have a few problems with their aquantanceships...just a small problem. She felt Kip nudge her leg under the table, he looked confused as well, "you know I said I wanted to learn a new instrument...how about the violin. Bought itand everything...Easy offered to let me borrow one while I waiting for it to be shipped in." she smiled...Surprise?