Name: Lilliane | Gender: female | Age: 23 | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:22 PM
petit ange de la musique
Wandering Child
Beneath a Moonless Sky

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [101]

LIttle Raoul needs some fans, I do enjoy his prince like charms! hehe plus Partick Wilson i think did a smashing job as Raoul. lol
petit ange de la musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kathleen | Gender: female | Age: 21 | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 07-15-2011 at 04:02 AM
WanderingChild96
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [102]

I love Raoul! I'm so glad there's a club for him:) He's so sweet. Definitely my idea of a Prince Charming. Has anyone else seen Sean McLaughlin in the role? He is my favorite Raoul ever, and so highly under-rated.

Wandering child, so lost, so helpless... Yearning for my guidance."
WanderingChild96's Profile Send Private Message WanderingChild96's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: angel | Gender: female | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 07-11-2012 at 01:30 AM
christineparis
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [103]

The character of Raoul was okay- but in my opinion, yes- he loved Christine but I do feel he only loved her cause he knew she one day would become a famous opera singer, he wanted to share in her fame so to speak! Erik's love for Christine was pure and whole, and it came directily from his heart - all he wanted was her to belong to him and experience love and being accepted in society!! And to me in the end, it should have been Erik and Christine forever!!
christineparis's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Madeline | Gender: F | Age: 36 | Posts: 31 | Roses: 10
Old 07-11-2012 at 08:13 AM
ErikPhan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [104]

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineparis View Post
The character of Raoul was okay- but in my opinion, yes- he loved Christine but I do feel he only loved her cause he knew she one day would become a famous opera singer, he wanted to share in her fame so to speak!
I'm not so sure. Raoul came from aristocracy , his family was rich , I don't think he needed anyone else's fame.
Quite the contrary, I believe he was in high demand as a bachelor and many parents wanted their daughter to marry him.

Christine's social status was much below Raoul's.
ErikPhan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: A. Renee | Gender: Female | Age: 23 | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 08-19-2012 at 05:25 AM
dans.engel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [105]

I would like to be a fan!!! I guess that makes me fan #6!

I like Erik as well, more than Raoul actually, but I don't hate Raoul and I can't see why people do. He is no weakling, he fought just as hard for Christine as Erik did. He was a hard working man of the Navy and he is a gentleman. Even if I would prefer Christine to be with Erik, any girl that would end up with Raoul would be a lucky girl!

I like Raoul because he has that boyish love for Christine. It's just as strong as the Phantom's but it is different, do you know what I mean. His love is a little more naive and sweet. I know that as much as I look for Erik's passion I am always happier with a guy that has Raoul's sweet, chivalrous personality.

dans.engel's Profile Send Private Message dans.engel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote