The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Nick | Gender: male | Age: 25 | Posts: 53 | Roses: 10
Old 07-22-2008 at 02:21 PM
Henri
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Comic books/ Manga  Post [1] »

This is a tread dedicated to anything and everything comic to American classics like Bat-man, superman, the x-men, and Spiderman, to japanese manga like Naruto, Dragon ball, and other hits. If you're a fan of everything comic this is the place for you!:D

"I Love this Show."
Henri's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 07-22-2008 at 11:51 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Oh, yes . . . HUGE comic/manga geek here! I'm a big fan of superhero comics -- mainly Marvel, but also DC's "Batman" comics and Vertigo's "Sandman." I also really like Alan Moore's work -- he created "Hellboy," "V for Vendetta," "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen," and "Watchmen."

I'm also quite into Japanese manga, especially now that I'm here in Japan, at the heart of all of it! "Naruto" and "One Piece" are still really popular here, which is unusual -- typically, their fads lose popularity well before they send them to the US, like what happened with "Pokémon" and "Gundam." Both are still frequently seen in Japan, but aren't nearly as popular.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2008 at 12:39 AM
Henri
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErik771 View Post
Oh, yes . . . HUGE comic/manga geek here! I'm a big fan of superhero comics -- mainly Marvel, but also DC's "Batman" comics and Vertigo's "Sandman." I also really like Alan Moore's work -- he created "Hellboy," "V for Vendetta," "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen," and "Watchmen."

I'm also quite into Japanese manga, especially now that I'm here in Japan, at the heart of all of it! "Naruto" and "One Piece" are still really popular here, which is unusual -- typically, their fads lose popularity well before they send them to the US, like what happened with "Pokémon" and "Gundam." Both are still frequently seen in Japan, but aren't nearly as popular.
What!? You're in Japan!? Awww....I would love to be there right now! *Sighs* Oh well. Yeah i'm a big fan of the two too. Mainly I like Batman, Spiderman, just getting into Hellboy, and X-men mainly. As for manga I like Naruto, 666 Satan (O-parts hunter in us), and .hack//sign maily along with most of the other popular ones except for one-piece. Anyway have you heard about a thing called Comic con? It's a big comic convention held in San Deigo for four days I belive starting on July 24. It's suposed to be huge with comics, movie sneek-peeks and even the creators themselves!

"I Love this Show."

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 08-02-2008 at 05:18 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Hmmm..Manga kinda sorta got my attention. I am learing how to draw numerous different styles of Manga right now, and I have seen Naurto on TV once, but it was just ending. And Anime...is that like...a TV show or something? X( That was a really stupid question...but, I would like to learn.

I use to read the old comicbooks down in my grandparents basement, like the Batman ones, and then when I was in 5th grade, this guy named Conner and I had a little Batman club thing....but I now remember NOTHING about it. Something about Robin...and a cave...and a fancy car? Right? X)

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2008 at 06:03 PM
Henri
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Anime is realy any Japanese originated cartoon usually they are based off of manga. I'm actually practicing drawing my manga Arashi in a scetchbook for my mom....

As for batman, Robin is his sidekick, the batcave is like their "base of operations", and the batmobile is their high tech car. I was actually able to see The Dark Knight the latest batman movie. It was so awsome, the x-men I think are still my favorite comic-book though.

"I Love this Show."

Old 08-16-2008 at 09:51 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Yes. Okay. XDDD

I need to see the Batman movie, everyone says it's really good. :) Yes. LOL

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2008 at 06:53 PM
Henri
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

I saw a few weeks back it was amazing. The special effects were awsome the action was good, and it even had a few realy funny bits (all with the joker of corse).

"I Love this Show."

Old 09-17-2008 at 01:28 AM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Oooo, that means I really gotta see it!

Anyhoo...on the Anime topic, yes, I like that style of drawing so much! It's really fun but complex...it give me something to do, people asking me to draw them in manga style constanly...XD

~I love little Mr. Bob ~

Old 10-18-2008 at 12:58 AM
Henri
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom's_rose View Post
Oooo, that means I really gotta see it!

Anyhoo...on the Anime topic, yes, I like that style of drawing so much! It's really fun but complex...it give me something to do, people asking me to draw them in manga style constanly...XD
That can get annoying I bet, are you realy good than? Can you show me some of your pics some time? I'm a bit of a drawer myself but I personally don't think i'm that good since I can only really draw in the manga/anime style. However I turned it into a good thing and developed my own manga called Arashi.

p.s

Sorry I havn't been on in a while I had a lot on my plate....

"I Love this Show."

Name: Lia | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 703 | Roses: 74
Old 10-19-2008 at 04:55 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

LOL
Yup, proud anime/manga obsessed person infront of you. Not as obsessed about it than POTO of course. But love all the same.
I like drawing manga too...
And anime characters are the best XDDD
Fluff galore!

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

~Shameless Self Advertising~

~Banners by the wonderful Kearyn, Rose and me. XD~
tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote