Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 89 | Roses: 10
Old 08-25-2005 at 09:12 PM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I'm going to see "Joseph" in September. I love the movie, and the play has to be really cool too. I like it when Joseph is in jail, and all of a sudden everyone comes out dressed in 80's clothes. And yes, the Pharaoh rocks.

wishing . you . were . somehow . here . again
Wishing's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 43 | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 11-01-2005 at 08:04 AM
Ms Christine Daae
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

I love this show and admire ALW for tackling this (and JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR) in the way he did.

This is a fun, spectacular and wonderful musical.

The role of the Narrator is a great one and I love the way he uses so many types of music- pop, rock, country, classical, calipso... It's awesome :)

Ms Christine Daae's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Faye/Glinda/Mrs. Lovett | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 192 | Roses: 10
Old 08-05-2006 at 04:58 AM
Kristin Chenoweth
Wandering Child
pride. kiss my tiara.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I had the opportunity to be in Joseph... last year for my high school musical, and also got to see it in Pittsburgh.

I think it's one of the most fun plays a high school can do, purely for the energy it requires. I was lucky enough to be given the role of the Narrator, and boy, did I have fun being the center of the Brothers' attention in a couple of the scenes. *giggle*...

...except for the last performance when they decided they were going to pick me up, pass me around, twirl me until I was dizzy, and the one smacked me on the behind at center stage. *shakes head*

The best scene was "Those Canaan Days," because I got to be all dressed up and stuff, and while Reuben was singing, got to sit on this platform built into the steps leading to the stage, and during the line about "elegant soirees," the director had him come over and lay in my lap. lmao, admittedly semi-raunchy, but it looked great on DVD. lmao.

Okay, but seriously. My favorite song is probably "Benjamin Calypso," because it's just fun, and it makes me think of summer and the beach. :)

And I looove the movie version! Yaaay Donny Osmond! lol. Although Maria Friedman is faaantastic too. And also, yes, the Pharaoh rocks. *nod*

has anyone ever sung you a lullaby? you can fly above the rainclouds, close your eyes
let the melody carry you, leave all your fears behind
and float across a rainbow sky to once upon a time...
Kristin Chenoweth's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-26-2008 at 04:26 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

I love it! I saw in on Broadway and my brother enjoyed it very much! We all came out singing Jacob! Jacob and sons....much recommended for people that love color and catchy tune!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Isabela | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 02-24-2008 at 03:56 AM
Two Faced Angel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I'm a huge fan of musicals. I must say, this one's in my favorite list. :P

I love Donny Osmond's performance. And Pharoah's too. When I first bought the DVD, I was 8 years old back then, I never stopped watching it. Even if 6 years passed. :P

All I can say is I am a fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals.
Two Faced Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 07-06-2008 at 05:22 AM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Our community Theatre is doing this one this summer. Rehearsals are scheduled to start soon. I'd love to be in it, but I missed the audition date.
So it will be interesting to see how they do that.
UPDATE: I went to see it last night w/my dad and it was amazing! I had a lot of fun. My only complaint with it was the chorus was too loud at times, drowning out the soloists.
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sabrina | Gender: ♀ | Age: 24 | Posts: 95 | Roses: 0
Old 12-02-2008 at 11:34 PM
ErikLove4Eva!
Wandering Child
Captain of the POTO PHAN WEIRO DUO!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

Love this musical!

I was in a prodcution of it last year..but I was multiple roles, being a mother...and a phoroah's lady...

BUT THE PLAY WAS JUST SO NICE! Love the song Any Dream will Do!!!!

ErikLove4Eva!'s Profile Send Private Message ErikLove4Eva!'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 05-20-2009 at 04:35 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

My summer choir group at school had tours and we were such a small group we were assigned parts. I was narrator and also the main vocalist for "One more Angel in Heaven". I saw this in theaters with a touring broadway cast, and I believe it was Patrick ________ something and he was amazing!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Local Theater's going to be perform it! I'm watching!

And...! Our School MAY put this show on! Narrator here I come!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 07-24-2010 at 05:42 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

I just saw this on Thursday night at Music Circus, but before that, I saw a smaller performance in Woodland. And I've also seen the movie with Donny Osmond and Maria Friedman.

In the Music Circus production, Max von Essen played Joseph, and he was amazing (no pun intended)! When he sang "Close Every Door," the audience exploded with applause, and a few people whistled. Of course, my favorite is the Pharaoh. He was played by someone named David Engel, and was the highlight of the show for me. The "autograph girls" were hilarious, too. You know, the ones who fawn over Pharaoh?

At the end of the show, they did something called a "megamix," which was a medley of every song used in the show! All in all, I enjoyed myself.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lollipop | Gender: Eve | Posts: 280 | Roses: 10
Old 06-08-2012 at 05:04 AM
AgentCarolina
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

I love everything about this musical! The storyline is excellent (well...duh :p) and all of the songs are incredibly catchy and bouncy. Plus..the coat itself is quite awesome. I wanted a 'coat of many colors' right after I saw it the first time, and quite honestly I still do.

I also thought it was wickedly clever and hilarious that the Pharaoh was an impressive Elvis impersonator. :3

Definantly a Webber musical the whole family can enjoy. <3
AgentCarolina's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote