The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Le Quartier Latin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 09-14-2011 at 04:34 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [121] »

OOC: That took WAYYYY longer than I thought it would...mea culpa. Are these two going to meet at Steampunk? Just asking. BIC:

Demetria Falcon

It wasn't often Demetria entertained the typical conversation while staying mentally engaged, yet there always was a first. Normally she would have mentally checked out of the conversation while remaining physically present: eye contact, the occasional nod and a smile or two. This time she took the effort to see what was going through his mind. At times she felt that his speech was over done, then again that very well could simply be who Kasim was.

She could have sworn that she has seen this man around and about the Opera. Whether as a visitor, patron, or even employee she saw him. She could feel it. It wasn't often she had hunches of being right so she might as well hand over some credit to herself. Either way she was sure he was around the Opera. Now to answer why.

Demetria didn't exactly find joy in this complex conversation, but it was more exciting than the humdrum spiel of questions. Though cut and dry was her style she found herself able to adapt on the spot. Perhaps flexibility was a good attribute to possess.

Demetria wasn't exactly sure where this conversations would lead. For now she was entertained and perhaps this is a better option than staying at home with a drink and tv.

She decided to change the topic and as she asked her question there seemed to be a hesitation that he was resisting. It brought some suspicion to her past conclusions...what if Kasim wasn't his name? This was interesting.

"I have~eh~acquaintances here though they have parted since my arrival. I had no other reason for choosing Paris. Who knows? Tomorrow I may be off to Venice or... Hmmm..." he paused to name other places but none seemed to come out, "Nowhere else comes to mind at this moment," she quietly huffed under her breath out of her own humor, "I have friends with a palazzo in Venice. Perhaps when winter comes..."

Demetria could tell Kasim wasn't the kind to willingly dispose of personal information. He may be a bit too self-conscious but it was his life and information. She just found it funny how protective he was of himself.

Their food arrived. She took a small sip out of her soup and smiled bit to herself. She enjoyed the sweet and mellowly saltily taste it offered. She sipped her water for a moment as she moisten her lips.

"And you, Demetria...? How did Paris come to be your home? Or, would that involve what you do for a living? Perhaps not. Depending upon your occupation, perhaps any great city would have done." he suggested.

She chuckled a bit to herself, "You're very wordy, Kasim." she softly yet bluntly mentioned, "In a very interesting way, but I suppose that just suits you." she smirked, "Well, why Paris? Other than the city itself, the history and finesse. There's something about it here...." she paused for a moment letting her mind settle, "Your accent...? You speak English well, but your accent is rather...eccentric. Do you mind me asking?..." she quietly trailed off assuming he understood her question by the way she read his face. This really would end as one interesting night. She had no doubt about that.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 09-27-2011 at 09:02 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [122] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

Dorian/Kasim smiled lazily at the sound of her amusement, still feeling as if they were playing a drawn-out, leisurely game, rather like chess.

"You're very wordy, Kasim," she told him rather needlessly, for he was quite aware of his tendency to lead others astray with a winding path of verbiage or to take a convoluted path to any given point. "In a very interesting way," she conceded, "but I suppose that just suits you. Well, why Paris? Other than the city itself, the history and finesse. There's something about it here...." At the moment of silence, he levitated a questioning brow. "Your accent...? You speak English well, but your accent is rather...eccentric. Do you mind me asking?..."

"It is~eh~difficult to explain beyond the fact that I have been a wanderer all of my life, the child of a wanderer. My mother~she~eh~drifted." He shrugged in an elegant movement, pausing to take a sip of water. "She preferred the coast~wharf towns~fishing villages, occasionally a landlocked valley along the way. We traveled a great deal, and I spoke a smattering of this and that with a mixture gleaned from those we encountered. Children are natural mimics. I did not intend to be so~eh~eclectic~varied~unidentifiable." It was his turn to laugh softly. At times, he knew that he relaxed the reins on his manner of speaking, and certain names seemed to coax more from him. "I do not recall my mother ever saying quite what we were, which left the world open to me. As for the relative excellence...?" He paused, a smile trembling on his lips. "... of my English, I must bow to mentors who took me under their collective wings and attempted to cultivate me, I suppose one could say. The accent they could do little about. Sometimes it is stronger, as it is now. You find it amusing? I am a funny-sounding fellow, am I?" It was a bemused smile he gave her now, and he wondered what she truly was thinking of him. Was this a challenge? Was she intent on dissecting him? Was he up to turning the table?

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 11-08-2011 at 03:44 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [123] »

OOC: I am SOOOO SORRY for my tardiness! I have no excuse beyond school and rehearsal. *Slap on the hand* BIC:

Demetria Falcon

Not only was this an interesting introduction to each other it was a very round about introduction, which was good. What was the use in someone knowing too much if you would never meet again…at least Demetria didn’t think they would. Conversations of this sort normally fly out the window. Not that Kasim was forgettable, he perhaps, as he said, drifted.

"It is~eh~difficult to explain beyond the fact that I have been a wanderer all of my life, the child of a wanderer. My mother~she~eh~drifted." he fluffed. Demetria didn’t know whether that was his real story, but either way he elaborated something within it. She was now completely suspicious of his guy. Either he liked playing around with his life story or this was some kind of person that finally tricked Demetria in becoming overly anaylitical.

"She preferred the coast~wharf towns~fishing villages, occasionally a landlocked valley along the way. We traveled a great deal, and I spoke a smattering of this and that with a mixture gleaned from those we encountered. Children are natural mimics. I did not intend to be so~eh~eclectic~varied~unidentifiable." she nodded in understanding as she pondered in a snicker. Though they both were aware of his verbose speech, she still found it quite amusing that he continued on and found pride in his lingual mannerism.

"I do not recall my mother ever saying quite what we were, which left the world open to me. As for the relative excellence...?" he paused for a moment, "... of my English, I must bow to mentors who took me under their collective wings and attempted to cultivate me, I suppose one could say. The accent they could do little about. Sometimes it is stronger, as it is now. You find it amusing? I am a funny-sounding fellow, am I?"

She rolled her eyes in a laughable way. He was so complicated, which she found highly amusing and very playful, "Yes in fact I was able to mention how laughable that accent is on you." She rested her chin in her hand as she placed her elbow on the table, "You don’t see like the person who would." She added as an aside.

She sighed, "Might I be frank?" she inquired, "This entire conversation has been rather…skimpy. Don’t you agree?"

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 11-11-2011 at 08:25 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [124] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

Dorian was uncertain as to what his companion thought of him though she seemed to see him as an object of some amusement. Of course, that was preferable to being taken too seriously so soon after meeting someone~not that he had not had some wonderfully passionate encounters on short notice. Playing games had its own enjoyable moments.

"Yes in fact I was able to mention how laughable that accent is on you," she informed him, striking what might be a contemplative pose. He shrugged his shoulders in a rippling way as he smiled wryly at her bluntness. "You don’t see like the person who would. Might I be frank? This entire conversation has been rather…skimpy. Don’t you agree?"

"'Skimpy'?" he echoed with a questioning look though the faint smile never departed. "I shall have you know, young woman, that you have heard much more about my past than very nearly everyone I have encountered for..." He paused, figuring mentally, finally giving his head a shake. "I suppose it has been for longer than I can remember," he admitted. Then, a thought struck him: "One person," he added, his darkly handsome face taking on a dreamy look as his voice softened. "One to whom I spoke to in recent memory~a strange girl, like a little wild creature." Then, suddenly self-conscious of what amounted to a moment of weakness for him, he laughed softly. "So, what do you suggest? How can we enliven things?"

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012 at 04:53 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [125] »

OOC: Forgive me?...yeah. I fail...this school year has kicked me in the south end--big time...BIC:

Demetria Falcon

She didn’t know whether he was talking this conversation seriously or not, but she felt herself slowly letting it slip through her finger, whether she was letting it or resist she was unsure, but she was highly amused by this conversation. Frankly he seemed to be amused as well when she commented how skimpy their conversation was…well she knew that her side was rather scatter-brained, but he held the different side of the story, "'Skimpy'?" he questioned with an smug smile, "I shall have you know, young woman, that you have heard much more about my past than very nearly everyone I have encountered for..." she chuckled to herself as she posed a loose fist under her chin, allowing him to finish his piece, "I suppose it has been for longer than I can remember," he paused for a moment, "One person,"

She raised an eyebrow toward him as she sipped her water, "One to whom I spoke to in recent memory~a strange girl, like a little wild creature." there was a moment where his eyes read that a small bit of him dropped a wall and stopped hiding, but the moment she looked back at him, it was gone again, "So, what do you suggest? How can we enliven things?"

She sat up a bit as she tilted her head down ever so slightly, "Well, I didn’t think you’d take my comment so seriously." She shrugged, "Interesting." She murmured to herself, "Tell you what. I’m sure there’s much on your mind. It’s your call. We can either continue this conversation here or relocate else where…it’s a beautiful evening, no doubt." She sighed, "Is that anything close to what you had in mind in order to, as you call it, enliven things.?"