Name: Linda | Gender: Female | Posts: 147 | Roses: 10
Old 11-21-2014 at 05:15 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Sorry for the one line questions here, but who thinks of the storylines for the role plays?
Designated Driver's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 11-21-2014 at 07:07 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Usually, the players involved just come up with them on their own. Sometimes the mods set up special events (like for Halloween, Christmas, or the site's anniversary), but we haven't done that in a while.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 11-25-2014 at 07:53 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

I try to check in, but my problem has been health problems, especially being unable to use one or both hands. I'm getting much better and hope to start writing again~if anyone is interested.

I've heard from several people, and that's promising.

I hate most of all that the party going on at Dorian's Domicile was fairly active with only a few people. We had some interesting meetings going on. Now, it's nearly the end of the year, and probably no one wants to continue those stories. I definitely would if there's any interest! However, I also can do stories beyond that of course.

I've visited and tried to read others' scenes, wondering if I can ever slip into this world again. I hope so!

EDIT: I noticed someone asking about plots, but I've always relied on one character meeting another and seeing what happens. Sometimes amazing things can transpire! Other times, characters might not hit it off but later meet again with better results.

I feel that this site can be very active again. Our everyday lives have interfered for many of us, but I think we can overcome what holds us back.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2014 at 07:56 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

I said earlier that I had read some of the role plays, but most were pretty short. It seemed like the people who were participating just didn't seem interested so the role play stopped. What are some of the best role plays that any of you have seen and/or participated in?

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 11-26-2014 at 12:02 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Looking back I think my character of Cara has had the biggest twists of all of my characters thanks to the people she meets.

I think that's partly how R.Ping goes. You CAN plan things but it's the characters themselves that take on lives of there own.

Maybe the best way to start the RPING side of the forum up again is to make a list of WHO is active and what CHARACTERS are active we can THEN work out a plot that can include as many characters as we like,

MYST: I'd be happy to do the party still with you Dorian was FINALLY opening up.

ADMINS: I also REALLY do think that with so little people on the some rules need to be rethought. I think the more active members SHOULD be allowed to have another character active, that at parties/EVENTS there shouldn't have to be a min of three posts to change tween character's.

I don't know why the forum is so quite at the moment but it's sad to see.

Maybe...there needs to be a few more active admins around and a NEW event planned were people can once again simply mingle.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2015 at 05:34 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

I don't get it. Why are there so many people viewing but no one's posting? I'd love to participate in some real discussion and have tried but haven't been able to get much going. I hate to see this forum die, it seems really promising.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Old 01-31-2015 at 08:17 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

Just about the time I thought I was going to be back, disaster struck! I thought that, after my cataract surgeries, I'd see well enough to read posts and to type my responses.

Then, the 18th ended with me in the hospital, an IV stuck in my arm. I've been battling since Christmas Eve to get strong enough to come back. Yes, I still would like to do work with Dorian's party, Witch, because it was great having several encounters turning very intriguing. I really wondered what Dorian would decide to do: go back to his pretending or actually try to make some changes. Could Dorian become a regular guy? That could be beyond his capabilities as a chameleon. So, maybe he could pretend to be? *grin*

As for stories: They sometimes are brief, while others have been quite lengthy. It depends on the writing partners' ability to be there. Life interferes for all of us. But, whenever possible, the storyline spins out wonderfully! Sometimes the people like each other; but sometimes, when they don't, there are great fireworks!

I so hope my health stays fairly good though I do have to have gall bladder surgery in the near future. I hope I can put it off for a while. ***Knock on wood!!!***

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 01-31-2015 at 12:02 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

I think the only way to get some life back into the fray is for the members who DO have characters to put their names down. Then when two people come on P.M eachother and start writing.
I believe this way not only will there be life but stories and meetings that may never have happened otherwise.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 01-31-2015 at 08:24 PM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

I've been absent for a while and I really can't explain why..I guess i just never gotten around to getting this site bookmarked on this browser but i'm back now and hope to post more I'm not involved in the rp but I do post elsewhere
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2015 at 09:58 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

I'm checking back in tonight, hopefully revving up to tackle RPing once more. I really want to have Easy, Dorian and Golden active. I even considered Dorian showing up at the Rouge. He would recognize Melz and Evea from his party and might be simply observing them. Perhaps he could meet someone while there.

I love that Melz is having Easy's preferred drink, one he learned about from Rozaliya Donkova.

I noticed that there was a mention of Golden at the Rouge. Did I miss something?! I'll have to reread the scenes again. Isn't it such a kick to have your character mentioned?! I love throwing in mentions/references, and I love seeing others do that. It adds something when characters remember things about someone else; to me, it adds "flavor" or texture to what we write.