The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 05-30-2007 at 04:12 PM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [41] »

One idea on a different board was Buquet/Christine...I don't think it's ever been attempted, and I don't think I really want to be the first to attempt it...

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-30-2007 at 06:20 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [42] »

I'm curious about that. I'll try writing it. (I DO NOT SHIP IT)

I do, however, ship Erik/Meg. I love that ship.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 05-31-2007 at 10:20 AM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [43] »

I used to loathe that shipping with a passion, mostly because I wasn't all that keen on Meg. However, since I started playing Meg on another RPing board (we had a Christine and Erik who were getting married, but then Christine went in mourning because the guy playing Erik never bothered to come back...) my heart has softened to her little blonde ballet-rat-ish ways. So I don't ship it, and I don't think I ever will, but I don't mind it that much any more.

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-31-2007 at 04:08 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [44] »

Oh. Its very popular actually. You say Erik?meg to any phantom phanfiction writier of Fanfiction.net and they go "OMG I luvs this ship!" Sorry, that was an ACTUALL quote. There are more E/M shippers than E/C shippers. I love the Erik/Meg ship. It just seems to fit.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 06-26-2007 at 01:10 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [45] »

There are not more E/M than E/C shippers. However, there are more E/M than R/M shippers...

I am actually attempting a Nadir/Meg phic, for those of you who stated interest in it. Granted, the ship only set sail because Erik had married Meg (she loved him; he felt that it was the next best thing to her becoming Empress) and died shortly after Meg discovers she is pregnant. She goes to the only living man Erik ever trusted, Nadir Khan. Out of pity and sympathy, the Persian takes Meg in, but as time wears on, sparks fly.

It's a tad far-fetched, but I'm hoping to make it work. On a site I RP on, I RP as Meg and Nadir is (obviously) my favorite character. So if I can't really have him, I'll try putting him with Meg...

Am I doing too much self advertising?
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Deanna | Gender: Female | Age: 25 | Posts: 126 | Roses: 3
Old 12-21-2007 at 01:53 AM
Sweet Siren
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [46] »

I love the E/M pairing, but won't say no to a really good E/C story. It has to be dark, morbid, and un-fluffy though. Otherwise, I get so mad.

I also have a erm... small fascination... with Nadir/Erik because, IMO, it's the only male slash ship that works without too many complications. *shrugs* That's my two cents.

The Song of the Siren is a beautiful and dangerous thing.

She ensnares you with her spell each time she sings

Banners by KT Mae and Mrs Nadir Khan and MissDay7000!
Sweet Siren's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-28-2008 at 10:22 PM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [47] »

I myself am a die hard E/C shipper. :D Buuut, I am not opposed to normal pairings such as E/M, E/Mme. Giry, Raoul/Meg, or Nadir/Mme. Giry. (Ooo, I just thought of that! What a cool pairing that would make! :D) I have to say though that the idea of Erik going for any male doesn't particularly appeal to me. Sorry, just my opinion. ;)

Laura

"What you do in this life echoes in eternity."
Ange de Musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 04-28-2008 at 11:30 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [48] »

Laura, try to refrain from calling slash shipping "disgusting." Slash is just as legitimate as straight shipping, and that adjective in particular has the propensity to offend a lot of people.

Now back to your regularly scheduled posting. :)

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 04-29-2008 at 02:43 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [49] »

I tried Nadir/Madame Giry, but it involves the meshing of too many facets of canon for me to do it without getting confused. Granted, there's mentioning of an unrequited love between them in my future fic, Empress... but, that's A LOT of meshed up plot as is.

I really don't think Erik going with a guy is disgusting, per sei. I mean, honestly, Erik just strives to be loved by someone. Anyone. I think that the possibility is always there, but the most likely canidate is Nadir, simply because of their strong friendship that seems to toe the line of love, friendship, and utter loathing. It makes for such interesting fiction.

Although, I will always be a staunch E/M shipper. I don't know... it just seems to work well and writing it, for me, comes really naturally. I don't know why. It just... does. Unfortunately, the population of E/M shippers on FF.net seems to have dwindled in favor of E/C and R/C and the occasional R/E or M/C writer. There just seem to be more 2004 "purists" of late, which also might contribute to the redistributing of ships.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 04-29-2008 at 05:13 AM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [50] »

Believe it or not there is a phanfic with an Erik/Mmd.Giry ship. Actually in the 2004 movie that wouldn't be so unbelievable since she wasn't much older than him and they did share a....bond of sorts.
But the Giry in the Leroux book......:p too, too funny.
I wish I could remember the name of that book....

Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote