Name: Kelli | Gender: Female | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 04-27-2007 at 03:25 AM
moonfire2007
Wandering Child
Moonfire

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Anybody believe Erik still haunts the opera?  Post [1]

There's a site called www.phantom'stheater.com where there are several stories of people who have seen Erik's ghost, mostly in dreams and some not.(including me). I believe the story is not over yet, but continues on. Erik seems to have made a self-fulfilling prophecy and is now an actual opera ghost. There was even an unexplainable incident in 2002 at the opera where somebody(they never discovered who) put speakers high up playing back a different version of the music they were playing for a ballet. Could have been one of the techs, who knows, but I like to think it was Erik still up to his old pranks, having an afterlife laugh at the new managers' expense. People have gone to the opera and felt/seen ghosts there. One of them may have been Erik's. Since I plan to go there in three years and I'm sensetive, I'm feeling like anything's possible. If I don't come back, send out a search party to the Lake;)
moonfire2007's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 04-27-2007 at 04:26 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

If one accepts that there was such a person as the Phantom who had strong ties to the site, "ghostology" holds that a haunting is possible. Theaters throughout the States report activities that include cold spots, whispering, pranks, repeated patterns of behavior by an apparition, etc. Some of these reported hauntings have been tracked to specific incidents and people by research or eyewitness identifications when apparitions appear. They range from an actress who fell from the stage and died to an elderly woman who never missed a performance.

So, if this reportedly occurs many places, why not at the opera house? Has anyone mentioned the hanged man appearing? Violent death can be linked to sightings. So, Joseph might be around, too. (They do say that Leroux based that part on an actual incident.)

Worldwide, there are spectral sightings and odd occurrences, including one in England in which a hooded monk walks through the air--where a two-story building once stood. Hauntings make fascinating reading; I should know because my second goal in life was to be a parapsychologist. I've spent decades studying, having read hundreds of books on the subject and having interviewed hundreds of people, including my father and sister, who claimed to be disbelievers but had experiences they couldn't ignore.

But, if the switched music is the only incident in all this time...

Be sure to write down other incidents if you encounter them, Kelli. It would be fascinating to visit, and I hope you have ample opportunity to explore.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007 at 05:22 AM
moonfire2007
Wandering Child
Moonfire

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

The music incident is not the only thing that's happened there. On my friend's site phantomstheater.com, there are stories of people encountering Erik's ghost. There used to be a link to another site where some of them went to the Opera and took pictures where orbs/shadow people showed up. One woman found a secret panel open under a fountain near one of the staircases in the foyer and poked her head in to see what was beyond. She got a creepy prickling sensation on her head that she sensed was a warning to stay out. Other people have gone into Box 5 and said it was colder than the other ones.

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 04-27-2007 at 05:33 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

You might want to deposit your non-opera house ghost stories on the thread listed for the supernatural/paranormal. Just copy the non-Phantom stuff, and place in a post. A lot of people would be interested.

It's interesting to know that there are other incidents at the opera house. Perhaps I'll look for that site. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Oops! You set up a supernatural thread instead of using the one that already exists. Here's the link to it: http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=109
You can transfer your post there then ask a mod to delete the thread you made since the old one hasn't filled up yet. Good luck!

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007 at 06:31 AM
moonfire2007
Wandering Child
Moonfire

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Done. Here's the link for my friend Joanna's site. She also plays Phantom and sings both tenor and soprano. She's an amazing person in herself.

http://phantomstheater.com/Indexseemeinthe.htm

Name: Di | Gender: Lady | Posts: 131 | Roses: 8
Old 05-01-2007 at 02:01 AM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I'd love to think that Erik is still at the Opera House... he's one of the most fascinating and tragic people I've heard of, if not the most. I'd love to go to Paris sometime to the Opera House. I've sort of imagined hearing a voice talking to me, almost imagining myself as Christine. Ahaha, I feel pathetic about that. But I'm also fairly afraid of 'ghosts'... when I read that thing about the woman's prickly feeling in her head and Box 5 being colder, it creeped me out... I'm not great with ghost stories. God, I'd freak out so badly if I saw Joseph Buquet's ghost hanging in the rafters somewhere... *shudders*

All I want is a second chance...

Just another person obsessed with the Ball!
I'm open for roleplaying with anyone, anytime. Just PM me.
Masqued Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-29-2007 at 01:52 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Wow. Okay. I believe it. That cat stroy was cool. I love all this ghost stuff. Wow. Cool site, Kelli! I've had a few expiriences, but I don't want to put them on her website. *shudder*

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lotte | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 34 | Roses: 10
Old 06-01-2007 at 05:07 PM
MrsOwenJones
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

The phantom of the opera did exist they found a skeleton of a man under the paris opera it was believed to be erik so he won't still haunt it because his dead

MrsOwenJones's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-01-2007 at 08:04 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Erik's real ghost can still haunt it though (sorry to all those sceptics out there) I really think it was and still is haunted. Not just by Erik. Perhaps Carlotta, or Christine, or Raoul or Moncharmin. It doesn't have to be nessicarily haunted by Erik. I can't think of why it wouldn't be. I can picture Erik not going to either Heaven or Hell. He might just be stuck.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Tanya | Gender: I'm an it. | Posts: 68 | Roses: 10
Old 08-22-2007 at 01:31 AM
Taka
Wandering Child
Pinnapple

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I remember back when I read the original novel and I believed that this was real. It took my mom months to convince me otherwise.

Too bad for her. I now believe it's real all over again. :P

Carlotta fan, Erik stalker. Heh.
Taka's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote