Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 10-09-2014 at 02:09 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [41]

I don't think you're stupid. Not at all. And I have never insulted you! And I have never started this discussion. I've mentioned Raoul asking Christine about her virginity earlier in this thread, then said it wouldn't fit into the topic and stopped. You've used this as a bse to start the discussion! But I shouldn't have gone on. I should have stopped it the moment I've realized that you are - no, NOT stupid - but totally narrow minded. It's useless to talk to you. You are obsessed with a far-fetched idea and whenever someone has another opinion, you pretend that person hasn't pointed out why! You always presume things I never have said. I have NEVER said (or meant) that you're stupid. And if I mean someone's stupid, then I say "I think you're stupid". I do not say any kind of cryptic allusions to be interpreted by someone! I always say things the way I mean them and if I don't say something then I don't mean it! Okay? And I never insulted you! I never said anything mean to you! I just desperately tried to explain you my opinion - it's just that you refused to understand it. Not because you are stupid (you are not stupid), but because you are biased and illiberal! If your opinion is "I am right! And you disagree! YOU ARE SOOO MEAN", then I am really sorry.

And I'll say it again: I don't think he had previous relationships! I've pointed out why and don't wnat to talk about it any further. Thanks! Still, I'm not absolutely sure about it. He might have had a nother relationship - even though I doubt it!

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Linda | Gender: Female | Posts: 147 | Roses: 10
Old 10-09-2014 at 02:13 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [42]

Sorry, I recall your comments differently. We are done here then.
Designated Driver's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 10-09-2014 at 03:15 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [43]

You know better what you mean than I do. And I know better what I mean better than you do. I never used the word "stupid" throughout our whole discussion, thus I have never called you so.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2014 at 06:56 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [44]

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen View Post
What d'you guys think?I think yes.......erik's whole behaviour hints at that and read Susan Kay's book if you don't believe me :D
I wanted to resurrect this topic because in view of some other threads, I think Erik may have had other infatuations/relationships and there are some points in Leroux to support this. In another thread, we were talking about the night Erik took Christine down to his house. First of all, there's the mirror to spirit her away. Now while people are aware of the house in the fifth cellar, no one says anything about the mirror. And it's not used as Erik's getaway because he already has one from his house. Erik builds his house down in the cellar because he's weary of the world, suggesting he wants to retreat from it as a hermit. Yet he puts a second bedroom in the house, complete with its own bathroom. He could not have done this all simply for Christine. He was prepared to have someone down there with him. That to me suggests that he must have had some previous infatuation and relationship and so thought ahead to prepare for another.

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 01-31-2015 at 08:32 PM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [45]

Regarding Leroux and ALW no...but according to the books written by Sadie Montgomery there might be something in the second book of her Phoenix of the Opera series about Erik's past that may make you think twice...of course it was never mentioned in the movie or book or even Kay , but it's something to think about
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Madeline | Gender: F | Age: 37 | Posts: 31 | Roses: 10
Old 01-31-2015 at 09:14 PM
ErikPhan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [46]

I think he did, if only because of his age. He hasn't lived in the cellars of the Opera House all his life ( at least not in Leroux ) and he must have seen many women.
ErikPhan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2015 at 05:28 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [47]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikPhan View Post
I think he did, if only because of his age. He hasn't lived in the cellars of the Opera House all his life ( at least not in Leroux ) and he must have seen many women.
I like the novel very much, but to imply that no one had anything to do with Erik because of his ugliness is a point that Leroux continually trips over. Big time. In order to get all of this fame that Leroux speaks of, Erik would not only have seen many women, but interacted with them as well. He would have had to in order to prove he could do all of those wonderful things people spoke of. Women were a vital part of the way of life back then just as they are today. It doesn't make sense that a bunch of men would be the only ones to spread his fame or would be the only ones to talk to him. I like to take this a step further and think that Erik interacted with women and probably children too, with or without his mask.

There are a couple of things that to me, also lend some proof that Erik may had other women. After he kidnaps Christine, he leaves her to buy things for her that will make her comfortable. There's also that extra bedroom in his house, complete with bed and bathroom. Christine was quite comfortable there, enough to bathe, and that implies to me that Erik had a knowledge of women that could not be acquired simply by reading or watching. He had to interact with them to know how to treat them.

Old 02-24-2015 at 07:14 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [48]

There is also a suggestion that Erik was infatuated with a lady In Leroux. There are a few sentences about a footstool in the box for a lady and I think a lady's fan is found in the box. Also, I think there were sweets for the lady too.