Name: Sharon | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 03-19-2010 at 03:04 AM
Edith
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Lover

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [71] »

Two days ago I got back from the orthodontics. He gave me nice compliments on my teeth but then all of a sudden-BLAH BLAH this is crooked BLAH BLAH surgery BLAH BLAH.

I am scared. My ortho said if I want I can get a cut done to get this gap from my front two teeth out (optional though) and if I want when I'm 18 I might want to get this surgery to bring my jaw down or something. He also said when I turn sixteen i might want to get 4 of my teeth pulled out (mom was the same but she never did it said she's ok but I don't know). On top of that--I need braces!

I know braces don't hurt to put on but they take some getting used to. Idk how the colors work but that sounds kinda funny to put colors on my braces...

Worst of all it's before my friend's birthday--I hope I can eat the cake.
Edith's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-28-2010 at 03:10 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [72] »

Ouch. Surgery' never fun. I'm not familiar with a few of them, but getting your jaw pulled down is, yes, very painful, but it's also very rewarding. My friend's got that done and they feel so much better and their teeth look GREAT. If you can do that, getting teeth pulled is nothing, although that is frightening. But they should use novacaine, if not, you can suggest it, so there isn't really much pain.

Braces are nothing. I had them for two years. The colours mean they put little bands on the brackettes. You should be able to eat cake, but if there's ice cream, that might be hard because it's cold.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ashley | Gender: Goddess of Song | Age: 27 | Posts: 76 | Roses: 10
Old 07-13-2010 at 05:55 AM
Christine_Daae
Wandering Child
~Flattering Child~

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [73] »

I've had plenty of teeth pulled out throughout my life (including my wisdom teeth from a few years ago), and have also gotten top/bottom braces. Braces are never fun... But, in the end, it's worth it! :)
Christine_Daae's Profile Send Private Message Christine_Daae's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 03-02-2011 at 06:26 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [74] »

Today, two of the brackets to my permanent, bottom retainer broke off. I'm curretnly 2000 miles away from my dentist (yay, college!) and I've been calling all over Manhattan to find a dentist or orthodontist that accepts my insurance. I finally found one... But they don't have an opening for another week! I even called the emergency office! The stupid thing is putting strain on my jaw and I'm scared to eat until it's fixed. I'm beginning to think I'd rather have lived with slightly crooked teeth than deal with this unnecessary crisis!
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Melanie-Anne | Gender: female | Age: 21 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 05-04-2011 at 08:26 PM
Melanie-Anne
Wandering Child
I am your angel of music..

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [75] »

I have always had PERFECT appointments at the dentist. Never needed s filling in my life before and will not need braces.

Then BAM! A few months ago, I was sitting there eating bon bons. (Nomnomnomnomnomn) and Crack! I chipped a HUGE CHUNK out of my bottom right pre-molar! and a semi large chunk out of my left one! there are now like TWO HUGE holes in my teeth. I will be getting them removed on the 12th!

... I am not a happy bunny.

Melanie-Anne
Melanie-Anne's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 06-11-2014 at 11:08 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [76] »

Resurrecting this dying thread because I can relate to this now....

After years of not going to a dentist, my teeth were fine until up to 1 and half years ago, I went in at last for a cleaning and a check up because my teeth, which had never moved in years, suddenly shifted all over the place: one upper incisor went inward, the other outward, my front teeth and twisted a bit, and the bottom fronts shifted all over the place like a pile of rocks tossed around! All within 1 to 2 years. Don't know what had caused them to shift all of a sudden. So the dentist said I would need to have them sorted out, or they could wear down fast with the way they were interlocking and cause me problems later...so here we go....BRACES. At my age, mid Hmmmwuwmabhum....years. (LOL!) What bugs me is people keep asking me now at this age why didn't I have it done when I was little or a teenager, etc. and I just say, because my teeth were fine until a few years ago! (Like at my age I don´t need to look nice and I'm wasting my money, or what? What is it with people?) Even after all the time with no check-ups, the dentist said my teeth were perfectly healthy, just one tiny cavity that needed filling, and it was so small at that.

First good point: I never got my wisdom teeth, so at least I didn't have to worry about getting impacted teeth removed. However, I had no idea how much it hurt getting braces in those first days! OUCH! Not really sharp, but not able to bite or chew anything either. Plus, it felt odd having my teeth feel 'loose' as they got shifted back into place, so weird! Cut gums, ouch too: wax was useless because they gave me a peppermint flavour wax that tasted like Peppermint Pattys, so I kept eating the stuff! Had to make my own 'wax' covers by rolling up paper towel wads, but unlike the wax, at least I could eat with them in, (no I didn't swallow the wads either), and I saved my poor gums. Now I don't feel anything, thank God.

Had a bad overbite, so needed bands for a few months, 24 hour wear, I stuck to the program religiously, so now I'm free of the bands pretty quick. One last problem, one of my molars is refusing to budge, so the last tooth in the back that needs to be pulled forward, can't fit. I hope with the next visit, the spring in my mouth has moved that sucker and we can get the last tooth in place! After that, it will be retainers for awhile...nuts. But I'm so glad this is done because I've never seen my teeth THIS straight! Worth it in the end. So, it doesn't matter what age you decided to get them done, do it, I'm happy with the results so far!

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote