The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

View Poll Results: Best Banner Maker
Daroga 1 4.76%
The Khanum 20 95.24%
Raoul de Chagny 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 39 | Roses: 10
Old 04-26-2005 at 10:05 AM
Silhouette
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

My favorite has got to be Hugh Panero, the current broadway phantom. I think hes got an amazing voice that just plays into the feelings of pain and despair. I dont think anyone plays the part as well as he does

Michael Crawford is my 2nd favorite another amazing portreyal

and Gerard butler was slightly dissapointing for me but he did allright. Just doesnt compare to broadway
Silhouette's Profile Send Private Message Silhouette's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 58 | Roses: 10
Old 04-27-2005 at 10:23 PM
sing_for_me
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

I've only ever seen two Phantoms - Gerard Butler and Howard McGillin - so my I never actually got to see my favorite. (Also, I was about three years old at the time... darn. Plus, I'm American, so it really wouldn't have worked out..)

Peter Hofmann, the original German (as in, Germany, not German language) Phantom. I love him so very, very much. His voice is really haunting and just perfect for the part. And he's really scary and perfectly threatening at the end of Notes I.

Signature made by the wonderful phantomphreak, in all her brilliance.
sing_for_me's Profile Send Private Message sing_for_me's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 10 | Roses: 10
Old 04-28-2005 at 11:12 AM
Amber Summers
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I`ve seen 3 phantom movies. Thats all I can say. Favourite phantom- Gerry, ofcourse. For me there`s no competition.

I guess Robert Englund makes a fine Phantom aswell, very well played. Nice voice.
Amber Summers's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-30-2005 at 06:15 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Voice-wise, Michael Crawford is my favorite. I think if Erik were a real person, he would probably sound a lot like MC. I also like Hugh Panaro, John Owen-Jones, and Anthony Warlow's voices, among others.

That said, Gerry is my favorite Phantom who I've actually seen playing the role. He brings so much power and emotion to his character; I'm glad he was chosen for the film. I also loved Lon Chaney's film, and watch the DVD whenever I can. The only other POTO film I've seen was Claude Rains, but that was long ago (before I became a Phan!) so I don't really remember much about it, other than the chandelier drop. :D

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 05-03-2005 at 12:32 PM
Requiem
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Oh Michael Crawford without a doubt for me! His voice is just so rich and beautiful. Even now, a million listens in, parts of his songs still make me just go "wow". He just HAS that Phantom presence - creepy, alluring, dangerous...

Gerry Butler was ok, nothing spectacular. I thought he did a great job bringing the acting to life, and he was certainly a fantastic-looking Phantom. He just doesn't have the voice that Michael has though...
Requiem's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-04-2005 at 05:51 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Quote:
Originally posted by Requiem
Oh Michael Crawford without a doubt for me! His voice is just so rich and beautiful. Even now, a million listens in, parts of his songs still make me just go "wow". He just HAS that Phantom presence - creepy, alluring, dangerous...

Gerry Butler was ok, nothing spectacular. I thought he did a great job bringing the acting to life, and he was certainly a fantastic-looking Phantom. He just doesn't have the voice that Michael has though...
I really agree with you about all those things.. only I do really like Gerry.. but Michael's voice is HEAPS better... he so IS the Phantom.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-04-2005 at 05:57 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I'veheard of Gary Maur.. he sounds really good.. wow you have seen/heard a lot of actors playing him!! I have only seen Gerry, but I've heard MC (my fave) Graham Bickley, Hugh Panaro and Colm Wilkinson. They are all very good but MC shines out for me.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 161 | Roses: 10
Old 05-17-2005 at 04:19 PM
kashmir
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

This is not a favorite Phantom of mine, but I've heard that Paul Stanley from the 70s/80s band KISS is playing the Phantom in Canada right now...and he's suppose to be on broadway? Someone just told me this, so I figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone knew anymore about this?

----<---@kashmir@--->----
No, what I love best, Lotte said, is when I\'m asleep in my bed - and the Angel of Music sings songs in my head....
kashmir's Profile Send Private Message kashmir's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 10 | Roses: 10
Old 05-18-2005 at 07:52 AM
Amber Summers
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

I checked it out and this is what I found: Paul Stanley plays the role of The Phantom of The Opera in Toronto, Canada - The Pantages Theatre from May 25 through August 1st & September 28 through October 31.
Amber Summers's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 161 | Roses: 10
Old 05-18-2005 at 08:00 AM
kashmir
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Wow...that's crazy. Thanks for finding that out for me. I mean...I guess he must be okay if he's performing it at all...I just wonder what he's like...? lol. *shrugs*

----<---@kashmir@--->----
No, what I love best, Lotte said, is when I\'m asleep in my bed - and the Angel of Music sings songs in my head....
kashmir's Profile Send Private Message kashmir's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote