The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

View Poll Results: Best Banner Maker
Daroga 1 4.76%
The Khanum 20 95.24%
Raoul de Chagny 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 155 | Roses: 10
Old 04-05-2005 at 06:01 PM
Meg Giry
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Favourite Phantom?  Post [1] »

I couldn't think of more than three actors who've played the Phantom so I didn't set up a poll for this topic - but as the title says, who is your favourite Phantom? Do you prefer Gerard Butler's portrayal in the film to any of the stage Phantoms? Do you like any of the old-school original cast Phantoms like Michael Crawford? How do they compare to each other?

Having grown up with my mother playing the Original London Cast CD around the house, Michael Crawford is my personal favourite. I love the tone and colours in his voice. The "Let your soul take you where you long to be" line in 'Music of the Night' gets me every time *shivers*

When you work out where to draw the line, your guess is as good as mine...
Question One of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is up!
Meg Giry's Profile Send Private Message Meg Giry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 04-06-2005 at 11:45 AM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I have only ever seen one version of Phantom of the Opera - the 2005 film. So naturally, I'd have to say that Gerard Butler is my favourite Phantom. He's got a great singing voice, he's a brilliant actor, and of course - he's majorly good looking! :D So yeah, I'd say he's my favourite.

OG

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 04-09-2005 at 03:22 AM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I'm definitely going to have to go with Gerry, just because after reading 'Phantom,' I've come to the conclusion that you can't portray Erik without a certain amount of sensuality and romanticism. Gerry's got both. Don't get me wrong; Michael Crawford has an amazing voice, but he just...I don't know, doesn't have that vital, raw (for lack of a better term) sexiness for Erik's role. I mean, look at my username. The Phantom just IS sexy. It's what he is.

But if we're going for ALL Phantom's, my personal favorite is Kay's Phantom. Kay!Erik is simply perfect in every aspect. Period.

~The_Phantom_is_Sexy

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 04-12-2005 at 05:11 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Michael Crawford, Michael Crawford, Michael Crawford.
I like Gerry alot, but man, MC's voice is so the best!!! He rules.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 04-12-2005 at 12:07 PM
Selenity
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

My favorite Phantom has, and always will be Brad Little. His voice, his movements, his portrayal of the Phantom is how I would imagine the Phantom to be if he existed.

Sincerely,
Selenity
Selenity's Profile Send Private Message Selenity's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 34 | Posts: 33 | Roses: 10
Old 04-15-2005 at 03:59 AM
Evaline Cuomo
Wandering Child
House Patron
Sweet Seduction

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Cinty &amp; Selenity - You're getting spammalicious there. Please don't post just one or two lines. Make it more substantial.

Evaline Cuomo's Profile Send Private Message Evaline Cuomo's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 04-17-2005 at 05:38 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Sorry.I'm often posting on here in a hurry so I don't ahve time to say much. I will give more description. I like Gerard very much, I thought he portrayed the role well, put much passion into it and did a good singing job considering his training. But I think that Michael Crawford is the best because I think, from the pictures I have seen, he had the ideal looks too. He looks old, like he is meant to be according to Leroux's book, and he has that beautiful melting voice that makes you fall in love with him. You can forget his face and just listen to his voice and fall in love with him. I think that is the way Erik is meant to be. So I say that MC is my favourite phantom.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2005 at 09:57 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

My favourite Phantom is John Owen Jones - I absolutely adore him, his voice, his mannerism - I could wax lyrical about the man alllll day :P
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 155 | Roses: 10
Old 04-23-2005 at 11:45 AM
Meg Giry
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I agree with you again, Jacinta! I just love the tone in MC's voice, it has a wonderful purity about it that I think reflects the Phantom's softer side, but can also sing in a menancing fashion when necessary. Lovely.

When you work out where to draw the line, your guess is as good as mine...
Question One of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is up!
Meg Giry's Profile Send Private Message Meg Giry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jeff | Gender: Male | Age: 34 | Posts: 11 | Roses: 10
Old 04-25-2005 at 02:07 AM
Phantom of Eternia
Wandering Child
Red Death

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Movie wise my favorite Phantoms are:

Lon Chaney- his is closest to Leroux and I think he did a wonderful protraying Erik and his lines are so moving "No more will I haunt these cellars like a toad secreteing the venom of hatred for your will redeem me"

Claude Raines- While the story deviates from Leroux I think it is a very sweet and touching version of Phantom. You feel sorry for Enrique I mean the man gets fired from the Opera; loses his house; gets his music stolen; and gets acid splashed on him. Raines also does well in protraying the Phantom's softer side and his voice is one of the best.

Gerard Butler- Gerry Butler has so much passion in his voice that I get emotional sometimes listening to the soundtrack espescailly at the end when he sings "Christine I love you"

Stage Wise:

Brad Little- he was the only Phantom I've seen live and from what I can remember he did an excellent job

Michael Crawford- the man has a wonderful voice and does an excellent job in the role (although there are some songs that prefer Gerry Butler's voice than Michael's)

"Ah, yes, we must needs pity the Opera Ghost"- Gaston Leroux, Le Fantôme de l’Opéra
Phantom of Eternia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote