The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 04-10-2005 at 04:37 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Patrick Wilson [Raoul]  Post [1] »

Discussion on the actor Patrick Wilson who starred as Raoul in the movie is here. I liked Patrick's portrayal of Raoul, I thought he did a good job as him with his singing and all. He gave Raoul a young, innocent feeling of a young man in love with a woman that he almost lost. What do you guys think of him? Good, bad, no comments at all?

;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 04-12-2005 at 04:56 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Oh man I just loved Patrick, his voice is so beautiful! His All I ask of you is so lovely. He had a great vocal range too. Hey, he's also really handsome.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49...e/phantom3.jpg
He played the role perfetly and was the best Raoul I think.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2005 at 10:02 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I do like Patrick's portryal of Raoul, he put so much emotion into it which, for me made Raoul likeable. I mean I am a die hard Erik/Christine fan but I don't dislike Raoul for it in the movie because you almost felt sorry for him when he was tied up on the portculis :P Plus, he is a very good singer :D
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 155 | Roses: 10
Old 04-23-2005 at 11:39 AM
Meg Giry
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I think Patrick's voice was a bit too weak in places for my liking to be honest, and sometimes Raoul did come across as a bit of a fop. But some of his acting was very sweet.

When you work out where to draw the line, your guess is as good as mine...
Question One of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is up!
Meg Giry's Profile Send Private Message Meg Giry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 26 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 04-24-2005 at 04:12 PM
Cécile Annelure
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

^Stole the words right out of my mouth. ;)

His voice seems very weak, compared to Gerard's or Emmy's. But the point of no return had a few measures in it that he performed well. My biggest problem being that 'pretty-boy' factor seemed a little over done.
Cécile Annelure's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 39 | Roses: 10
Old 04-28-2005 at 06:36 PM
Silhouette
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

For someone who is very accustomed to the broadway version, I have to agree that his voice was a little weak especially in comparison to Emmys. They also did overdo the pretty boy routine way to much it kinda annoyed me by the end.
Silhouette's Profile Send Private Message Silhouette's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hollie | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,814 | Roses: 215
Old 05-02-2005 at 02:36 PM
Raoul de Chagny
Opera Manager
House Patron
Aurèlien, WHERE?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

I at first didn't like his long and well groomed hair, he looked too much of a girl. Maybe also because I like guys with shorter hair than that.

My favourite Patrick scene though is the dungeon scene where he tries to rescue Christine. He looks so sexy with his hair all wet and the upset look on his face.

Christian Lisle :: Aurélien Renard :: Emile Ashleigh :: Elesa Robinson (coming soon)
<b><i>Raoul de Chagny</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 05-02-2005 at 08:05 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I strongly (strongly!) dislike the character of Raoul...but Patrick did a beautiful job portraying him. I admire and respect him as an actor, and I'll make a point to go see his other films.

I must disagree with my fellow phans Cecile and Carlotta (but good-naturedly, of course!:D) Though it pains me to say this, I think he had one of the strongest voices in the cast (I say it pains me because Raoul just shouldn't have a sexy voice! He's not supposed to be sexy!). He and Christine (Emmy Rossum) are superb singers, as is Gerry...but Gerry is not classically trained, and at some points you can sort of tell. But he still did a fantastic job...Gerry was, in my opinion, the strongest portrayal, acting wise.

Now...back to Patrick Wilson... (sorry, I can get sort of carried away while talking about Gerry...)

Patrick Wilson did very well as the "old childhood friend," and he was convincing as a "hero" figure. Though I hold a major grudge against Raoul himself, I think Patrick is a wonderful actor.

~The_Phantom_is_Sexy

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 05-03-2005 at 02:45 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I thought Patrick Wilson did a great job as Raoul. He had a very nice, comforting voice, and was a pretty good actor. (Raoul generally doesn't get to do much real "acting," so that's saying something.) I'm used to Raoul being a baritone, so the first time I heard his voice, I was thrown off a bit (since Pat's a tenor), but I thought his singing was excellent. I still don't think he should have won the swordfight, though. Then again, it gives Gerik even more reason to want to kill him. :D

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-03-2005 at 04:37 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

I think Patricks voice is strong. I also think he brought across the "prince charming" element awesomely. To tell the truth right now I am as in love with him as I am with Gerry. :D

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote