The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-12-2009 at 09:32 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Sierra Boggess [Christine]  Post [1] »

Since no one has bothered to do so, I've started a thread for her Vegas Christine. I may be "favoritistic" (ha! new word!) on her behalf...bias, but she really is good compared to Elizabeth's voice. Since I've not seen both of their performances,I can't say anything, but I enjoyed the chemistry that Sierra had with the both of the Phantoms in Vegas. Mostly Brent.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 07-13-2009 at 07:09 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I adore Sierra's Christine! I've not gotten to see the Vegas production live at all, but I loved what I heard from her. (I also loved Elizabeth's Christine, both in the Vegas and Broadway productions.) And I loved Sierra as Ariel in The Little Mermaid, as well -- she and some of the other great cast members went a long way toward making up for the show's script and design problems.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-13-2009 at 07:40 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I enjoyed hearing Sierra's voice (also in TLM) she has such a youth to her technique, that it's just perfect for Christine (more or less Ariel). When with Brent, they really make magic happen on stage. Even during the curtain call they just seem so ideal as a Christine and Erik. I would die laughing if they hated each other.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: Paula | Gender: Female | Posts: 147 | Roses: 10
Old 07-13-2009 at 11:08 PM
MllePaula
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Speaking of Sierra, she recently appeared on The Today Show with former Phantom Hugh Panaro. They sang a specially written song called "Ladybug's Lullaby" for a little girl the show's "Everybody Has A Story Segment."

The video is on The Today Show's site...Hugh and Sierra appear about halfway through.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...08691#31708691

MllePaula's Profile Send Private Message MllePaula's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 07-14-2009 at 04:35 AM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I love what Sierra has done so far in terms of work, and she did make up for a lot of TLM's faults. However, I'm not terribly excited for the news that she'll be in Love Never Dies aka, Phantom 2. i'm praying for her sake it's not as much of a flop that most are predicting it to be.

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-14-2009 at 04:52 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

I liked her in TLM, but in Phantom? No.Sorry. But I just heard her. Although she has a nice vibrato, her voice is still quite a bit "popish". I just heard her rendition on Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, and she was pushing her voice a bit. I
m a fan of Sierra, I just don't think Christine is the role for her...

Just my opinion, please don't pelt me with rotten eggs and rocks.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-14-2009 at 04:55 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

*sheilds from rotten foodstuffs*

I agree with ya, sis. Like I was telling you earlier, she has a "sweet little voice. Weak, but sweet..." (name the POTO version!)

In all honesty, it's a very nice light sound and I like her Think of Me. But I'm not so big on her Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again or, really, most of her Christine voicals. She sounds too... Disney Princess and for all the many things Christine is, she is not a Disney Princess.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 07-14-2009 at 08:52 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Personally, I think that she's better in TLM. It's hard to have a good operatic voice and be able to belt well. I don't really think that she has the chops to play Christine.

Unfortunatly, I've heard that she'll be playing Christine in the sequel. Hopefully she'll improve...
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 07-14-2009 at 11:19 PM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I have to disagree with you Viktoria, most singers who have played either Christine (or Carlotta even) have a very nice belt. I great example is Anne Runolfsson. She has the great power to play such a challenging role as Carlotta and then have such a nice pop sound. Sierra has shown (IMO) a very innocent side and sound to Christine. i guess to like her sound, it's similar to Emmy Rossum's sound in the movie. Now not to start a war over the movie versus the film, the movie wasn't great (by any means) but the sounds that they aimed for with the characters did well. (bar Gerry, cause... just no. he is not a singer whatsoever) But Raoul had a very classical sound, and Christine had a very young sound.

Bringing up the movie has another reason. The Las Vegas production is meant to echo the movie more than the original stage show. The chandelier comes down at the end of the show, etc. etc. But when they chose Sierra I guess it was to appeal to a more innocent side of Christine. I personally think she did a wonderful job as well as Elizabeth.

I think really the key point is that Sierra is as individual as the other actresses who have played Christine both on the stage and screen, and the people casting the show noticed that. I hate when you can't tell the actresses apart because they all sound the same. Sierra stands out wonderfully.

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2009 at 12:46 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Daae is a hard role to ace, no doubt. Each Christine will have their faults and weaknesses with various songs. I think that Sierra delivered the songs beautifully. Her Think of Me is probably one of my favorites. Her voice is legit and light, the ideal voice for Think of Me. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again demands a voice that can drag out the sadness Christine has from her father's death. That takes a strong, yet controlled voice. Since she did Little Mermaid I think her gentle light voice kicks in more. This is what I think.

Her acting is what I imagined Christine to be. Now coming from my mind that doesn't sound good, but in all honesty my idea of Daae has improved. She seems well-grounded in who Christine is about. History, occuring, and future problems seem to be in sight. It's just sometimes her glares can be confusing...differing from fear and wonder is hard when at times with her...but that's all I notice.