The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-05-2009 at 05:36 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

She is a wonderful actress as so many of us have pointed out so far.

And she is a fine singer, as a few of us agree on... but leave it to someone else when it comes to opera, Emmy. Just because she sang at the met in the children's chorus, does NOT make her an opera singer. Its a children's choir, which as wonderful as they are are almost impossible to train so...

But I love her solo CD. I'm a fan of that "ambiant rock/pop" or "coffee house" because I like the soothing, catchy quality of it. And emmy has a voice cut out for this genre. But not so much for opera. But i found that if you play her version of Think of Me backwards, she sounds a bit better. That wasn't suppossed to be mean. It was supossed to be honest. It really does sound pretty played backwards... NAd her version of it is rather nice. And you can sorta hear the "Ambient pop/rock" sound to it... I think I have the linky somewhere...

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bella | Gender: Female | Age: 22 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 10-21-2011 at 09:16 PM
iholland95
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

I think that she did a great job playing Christine for only being 18 years old at the time. She was probably very nervous. I love how she was willing to show her strengths as an actress and show her weaknesses as well.
iholland95's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote