The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Paula | Gender: Female | Posts: 147 | Roses: 10
Old 10-12-2009 at 12:56 AM
MllePaula
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [31] »

I have to second what's been said about Christiane Noll as Christine. I've heard her sing "Think of Me" in a concert performance and she was absolutely wonderful. I'd love to see her in the role.

MllePaula's Profile Send Private Message MllePaula's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 10-12-2009 at 02:00 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [32] »

So James has told me that it's rumored that there's going to be a concert for Phantom of the Opera and ALW wants Josh Groban to be the Phantom...HHA!!! I'm sorry, Josh has a beautiful voice, don't get me wrong, but you have to understand the Phantom must sound dark and mysterious. Josh can be mysterious I guess, but he fits closer to Raoul...I love him to pieces, really I do, but he CAN NOT do the Phantom. He should do Raoul! He has the face, the clear gentle voice, and why he has the charm.

Ethan Freeman...I want to see him in Phantom...that would be epic!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Aviana | Gender: Ange de Musique | Posts: 98 | Roses: 10
Old 10-12-2009 at 03:11 PM
Soprano Rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [33] »

Ethan Freeman actually was in POTO, and played the title roll. You can find a recording of him on iTunes, I believe.

*goes to check iTunes*

Yes, it's on there, it's called "The Phantom of the Opera (Soundtrack from the musical) [Highlights]". It's also on amazon and I'm almost positive there are clips on YouTube.
Soprano Rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 10-12-2009 at 06:27 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [34] »

I completely fail! How did I not see that! Thank you because if I went into school saying that he should be in Phantom....in the title role...people would have laughed. *spends her last few iTunes dollars....* Yea, I fail!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 02-21-2011 at 07:16 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [35] »

*thread revival*

I think Terrence Mann would make an excellent Erik. He definitely has the talent and the voice for the role!

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 10-28-2014 at 11:16 AM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [36] »

I'd really like to see and hear Kevin Tarte as Erik.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2014 at 07:07 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [37] »

Kevin Tarte is a 57 year old baritone and tenor from Seattle. He once said he's love to play the Phantom one day. He is most famous for playing the Graf von Krolock in the Steinman/Polanski musical Tanz der Vampire. He originated the role in Germanym being the second Graf after Steve Barton. He was originally cast as the Graf, but Steve got the role. He is Polanski's personal choice. He also played the Beast (and also Gaston) in Germany (and Vienna). He played in TdV for the first time in 2000 (he was originally cast in 1997) and for the last time in 2012. He might play him again^^ He is actually an opera singer, but later started to sing in musicals. Here are some clips of him:

Singing the German version of PotO with a young girl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCcKgm2hmes
Singing How can I love her in German:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAe1y_0OoPY
Totale Finsternis from Tanz der Vampire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fz-kAXtIGg
Einladung zum Ball from Tanz der Vampire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTNtym2v4qM
Die unstillbare Gier from Tanz der Vampire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0o5aLxDV1E

Reasons why Kevin tarte should play teh Phantom:
He is an opera AND musical singer
He has a beautiful voice, but is not afraid to use a more unusual character voice
He is very experienced
He is older than most Phantoms, which is a good thing
He is a fabulous actor
He is an even better singer
He played teh Graf von Krolock, The Beast and Sweeney Todd
He has played many Phantom-ish but also completely different roles, so he fits and is also very versatile
He is a baritone, trained to be a lyrical tenor, so he has the range of both
His voice is warm, rich and dark but very unusual
He is also very nice :)

I think Kristin Chenoweth would be a fantastic Carlotta. She is a great diva, she can make a funny voice but has a fabulous operatic coloratura voice and a wide range, she likes to play funny roles, she has lots of energy and humour.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Irina | Gender: Girl | Posts: 6 | Roses: 10
Old 12-10-2014 at 02:18 PM
Wild Concerto
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [38] »

One of my dreams is that Michael Ball should play the Phantom one of these days.

I mean, I always prefer when the Phantom is a lyric baritone or at the very least a baritenor (again, that's my opinion and you have every right to disagree with me), and Michael Ball just totally nails it.

You can hear him singing the title song here alongside Lesley Garrett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYeqyrFWWU
Wild Concerto's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2014 at 05:14 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [39] »

I love Michael! He definitely had the voice :D Even though I sometimes think his voice is to classicially beautiful and he always seems toooo nice for the role ;D

Old 04-30-2016 at 03:48 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [40] »

As a Celtic Woman fan, I'd know quite a few of them who would be perfect Christines - Hayley Westenra, certainly, and especially Lisa Lambe. And Mairéad Carlin, as she's a very lovely, classically trained soprano with acting experience. Also, Méav would have been a fabulous Christine when she was younger. A pity she's too old now. But Lisa Lambe is actually a musical theatre performer, and while she doesn't use much of it for most of her music, she has an incredibly beautiful soprano voice. She would also make an incredibly original Christine. The Celtic lilt in her voice and her partly ethereal appearance make a perfect distressed Christine with a head full of Angels and [I]dark stories of the North/I]. She would, of course, be a less operatic Christine, but as she also does by no means have a "pop" or "Disney princess" voice and instead a more traditional technique, it would add a lot to the character's unusual background, especially since ALW!Christine has no conventional musical education. I know, unlike Hayley and Mairéad, she's an unlikely choice, but she'd be a really different and original Christine. I would also very much approve of Chloe being cast as Christine! Here they're in a duet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6L2n-t4eI

Also, I think Kristin Chenoweth would be a great Carlotta! She's simply too old for Christine, but she's so incredibly talented and funny, she'd be a great Carlotta!

I'd still love Kevin Tarte to play the Phantom. In some earlier interviews he mentioned he'd love to play the part, and he also wanted to play it in Essen. However, he got rejected. The part was then shared by Ethan Freeman (love him), Ian Jon Bourg (love him), Uwe Kröger (why him?) and Thomas Borchert (why him?). Later, he said the Phantom would be a too dark part, after having played Krolock, the Beast and Sweeney Todd. However, I think he would be fantastic! He frequently sings songs from PotO and LND in concerts (though I only know recordings of the title song - I wish to hear his MotN) and I'm sure he'd love to take over the part if it got offered to him. I really like that he's older than most Phantoms. Most of the current Phantoms (especially in Germany) are just too young and forcefully "sexy" for the part. Kevin is actually an opera singer, has a lyrical tenor and baritone voice, can use both a beautiful and a strange character voice, and he has a lot fo experience, especially in parts of that kind.