The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 04-08-2005 at 02:31 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Favorite Christine?  Post [1] »

I decided to copy Heather and start a thread on everyone's favorite actress/opera singer portraying Christine Daae. Most Christine's I've heard have done an excellent job with her, with the exception one on on a London Orchestra CD I listened to once. That one was horrible...

But Emmy Rossum on the movie sounded really good, almost ghostly in her vocals. The way she can bounce up and down from deep to low, dark to soft, etc. is really enticing and amazing! Another low key Christine I've heard, though she wasn't famous, did an excellent job at a Talent competition. She didn't have the looks, but her voice was Phantom worthy.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 04-12-2005 at 05:12 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Emmy Rossum, undoubtedly. I have heard two others- Sarah Brightman and Claire Moore,and they were very good too (though Claire got very screechy on the high notes) but Emmy just enbodies everything about Christine- youth, talent, innocence, naiveness, beauty.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 04-12-2005 at 12:03 PM
Selenity
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Julie Hanson is my favorite Christine. She is an amazing actress; giving Christine a backbone, and not making her some little wimp as most people portray her. Along with her youth and beauty, she has the most amazing voice.

Sincerely,
Selenity
Selenity's Profile Send Private Message Selenity's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2005 at 10:00 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

My favourite Christine is Rachel Barrell, her acting and her voice are absolutely amazing - she played one of the more 'angry' Christine's. I prefer this kind of Christine because I believe that underneath all the naiiveity and whatnot there is a very strong woman, which is why Erik was drawn to her in the first place I think. Plus her chemistry with JOJ is *sighs happily* ;):D
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 155 | Roses: 10
Old 04-23-2005 at 11:41 AM
Meg Giry
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

My favourite Christine was the one I saw in Manchester - I forget her last name (I'll go look it up but it was Debra something), but she was brilliant. She had a lovely tone to her voice and she could really, really act. She had a nice balance between the opera style and the less classical style too - sort of, the more experienced on the stage Christine becomes, the more she actually performs like an opera singer.

Emmy has a very nice voice, but wasn't opera enough in some places, I think.

When you work out where to draw the line, your guess is as good as mine...
Question One of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is up!
Meg Giry's Profile Send Private Message Meg Giry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 26 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 04-24-2005 at 04:07 PM
CĂ©cile Annelure
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

The thing about Emmy that I liked as opposed to say, Sarah Brightman, was the fact that she wasn't as operatic. Her voice is so beautiful, and she can speak much more clearly than some Sopranos I've heard.

Nothing against Sarah Brightman, though- she has a great voice!
CĂ©cile Annelure's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 04-24-2005 at 07:48 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carlotta Guidicelli
[B]My favourite Christine was the one I saw in Manchester - I forget her last name (I'll go look it up but it was Debra something)QUOTE]

you're thinking of Deborah Dutcher - yes, she is absolutely fantastic, my second favourite Christine. She sings very well and has great acting :D
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 04-24-2005 at 08:26 PM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Emmy Rossum is my favourite Christine, as I have only seen the recent film - not any stage productions or older films. Her voice and acting are both brilliant, each word she sings, each moment she makes, are executed with perfect skill and feeling. Her voice is passionate, and you can easily hear sadness or joy in her singing, whereas other people just sing. She sings with feeling. I have heard another woman singing as Christine - I don't know the name, but I will check with my friend who owns the CD I'm talking about. I would describe that Christine as a woman who just sings - there was no feeling at all in her voice.

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 04-26-2005 at 08:22 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I'm going to have to go with Emmy, too...Sarah Brightman just wasn't innocent enough. Christine has to embody youth and simple ignorance in order to pull off the part...Sarah, though a wonderfully talented singer, sounded too...well, as someone else on this thread said, operatic.

Emmy was perfect...of course, being sixteen when she filmed the role, she had the "young and innocent" thing down pat... But her voice, while "crystalline" (as my mom called it), definitely did NOT sound like she was sixteen. And yet it still had that little bit of purity vital for the role of Christine.

Sorry if none of that made sense...I was sort of rambling...

~The_Phantom_is_Sexy

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 39 | Roses: 10
Old 04-27-2005 at 07:49 PM
Silhouette
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

I personally love Julie Hanson and Sandra Joseph who both play christine on broadway. Both have amazing captivating voices

Sarah and Emmy both did amazing jobs as well, Emmy's voice just seemed a bit weak in comparison to the others and Sarah, well she is just simply amazing too but I just prefer julie and sandra
Silhouette's Profile Send Private Message Silhouette's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote