The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Aviana | Gender: Ange de Musique | Posts: 98 | Roses: 10
Old 06-09-2010 at 07:33 PM
Soprano Rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by MllePaula View Post
Dance training is required, at least the basics...enough to dance well in both "Hannibal" and "Masquerade." As you mentioned, some Christine do not dance on pointe, but some do.

I would include pointe along with basic dance because, especially in musical theatre, the more skills you have on your resume, the better. A small detail like that could be the deciding factor if two otherwise equally talented actresses are being considered for a role...not just Christine, but any good role.
Thanks, Paula! I think I'd better just stick to singing opera, since I'm too old and have no money in the bank to take dance. Again, thanks.
Soprano Rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mookie | Gender: Alien | Posts: 113 | Roses: 10
Old 06-10-2010 at 03:46 AM
commandermookie
Wandering Child
Love Should Not Divide: Link in sig

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Do I want to play the role of Christine Daae on stage? Yes. I think it's every phan girl's dream to sing and act out the part of our beloved Christine.

Do I think I could pull it off? Probably not. I have had vocal training, but that training was not for singing higher notes. I am a mezzo-soprano, I believe. I have a hard time hitting the higher notes in the title song. I imagine with the proper training, I could probably do it vocally.

Acting? I'm an okay actor, but I've never really had the chance to show off any of my skills (being homeschooled has its downsides...).

The dancing...yeah, that's going to be a problem. I took three years of ballet when I was smaller (and skinnier...and lighter...), but now I've gained so much weight. I'm not *fat*; I'm just...sturdy. I've got lots of muscle, that's for sure! I could pull of the dancing required in Masquerade, and I *might* be able to run around the stage and look good during Hannibal.

I do plan on majoring in Musical Theater, and I am going to continue taking vocal lessons. But, I'd be cutting way too many corners in order to even be able to audition for Christine. There's almost no chance of me actually getting the part.

In fact, I have two parts that I *am* aiming for in the musical theater; Eponine from Les Mis, and Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Both of those are in my vocal range almost perfectly (and I absolutely adored Ariel when I was little...still do!)

commandermookie's Profile Send Private Message commandermookie's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-05-2010 at 07:54 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Do I want to play Christine? Do I want to play Christine! Of course I do. Could I play Christine? Honestly? Yes. Not at this very moment, but I go to a performing arts school. By the time I graduate high school, yes most definitely. I've singing since I was in the womb, so I got that down pretty well. I'm pretty well trained for my age. Acting wise, I'm pretty good actress and with the continuation of my training, I think i'll go places. As far as dancing goes. I can't dance well, but I plan on taking more and more lessons, so by the time I go to audition, I think I'll be fine. I definitely will major in Musical Theater.

Damn. I was hesitant on posting here in fear of sounding cockey. That's so not my intent. And I apologize deeply if it came across that way.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Roseanne | Gender: Female | Age: 25 | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 07-24-2010 at 05:33 AM
rosesong
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Me as Christine  Post [24] »

Do I want to play Christine? Of course! Ever since I saw the movie in 2004, it's become my dream role. I believe in time I could achieve the vocal range I would need for Christine, and I am starting acting this coming school year. I know I would need to have many more dance classes, though. I think I am on a good track to becoming the diva for a production of Love Never Dies someday, since that would be my only option.

Honestly, though, I see myself as getting type-casted as Carlotta. Technically, she has the same range as Christine, but she is not as meek as the younger girl. I've always played the older characters in musicals, because I am tall (5'10) and apparently I have a parental presence. Maybe I could play Madame Giry... Anyway, Christine would be a dream, but not ideal for me.

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
“When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have.”
rosesong's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mookie | Gender: Alien | Posts: 113 | Roses: 10
Old 07-24-2010 at 08:10 AM
commandermookie
Wandering Child
Love Should Not Divide: Link in sig

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesong View Post
Maybe I could play Madame Giry... Anyway, Christine would be a dream, but not ideal for me.
Hey, I think anyone could be cast as Madame Giry in Love Never Dies. You don't even have to be able to sing right! And you've heard the French accent...you wouldn't have to be able to do that, either.

I'd love to play Christine, but I'm not cut out for it. I can't dance, my vocal range isn't large enough...My range is much more along the lines of Meg. But even playing Meg, you have to have tons of dancing. And I can't dance.

...Maybe they could cast me for the Mirror Bride or something.

commandermookie's Profile Send Private Message commandermookie's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 09-02-2010 at 04:51 PM
Prigipissa
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

The Mirror bride is almost always the Understudy of Christine!

I am training in Opera and I attend a great high school with a fantastic drama department, and I've always aimed for the stars. I'm a dreamer, and that's the only way people can do anything they love these days. I am going to start ballet classes next year, and hopefully by the time I'm in college, I'll be able to start pointe. I'll be improved vocally by then, and I'll have studied acting- I also am a little taller than some Christines, but that's fine, because there have been some extremely tall Christines (The US tour Christine is 5'7'', a Toronto Christine was 5'8''... I'm a little shorter than that) and I am healthy-thin. I will be able to do it in a few years; but now: not really.
Oh, I didn't mean to make this post sound like bragging... I'm sorry that it came out that way!
Prigipissa's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: cassidy | Gender: female | Posts: 6 | Roses: 10
Old 10-26-2012 at 07:35 PM
christines
Wandering Child
christine

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

yes i would deffinatly be able to do her parts i really havent had much teching but im a sprano now and my dad thinks that i could do the play which i am hopping i can do

christine
christines's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote