Name: | Gender: | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 08-09-2005 at 05:57 PM
masquerade_dancer
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I love how the Opera House is restored in the prologue. It's just like captivating! And plus it looks really cool. As been said before, the fans from Masquerade. I also love all the costumes! They're gorgeous and brilliant and some are even hilarious. (i.e. furby man!!)

You alone can make my song take flight...
masquerade_dancer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 56 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 08-11-2005 at 07:49 AM
bankdude
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

The chandelier falling down was pretty cool...I liked the phantom's white mask when he's in red with all the veins popping out. It was funny.
bankdude's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 301 | Roses: 10
Old 08-11-2005 at 11:51 PM
YoungGiry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I love...

The way Christine and Meg hold hands in Angel of Music...

The amount that Madame Giry cares for Erik, and how you can see that in the flashback scene in the movie...

Madame Giry's braid in the movie...

The lake itself...

The staging of Point of No Return in the musical when Erik wears the cloak...

The way Erik says "Your chains are still mine, you will sing for me!" in Masquerade...

All of Madame Giry's lines...

The whole first half of Down Once More (before Raoul enters)...

The way Madame Giry says "And what a Masquerade!" in the movie...

Erik's insanity...

The angel sees, the angel knows.
YoungGiry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 25 | Roses: 10
Old 08-12-2005 at 06:21 AM
Eriks_Angel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

I love when the Opera house is restored in the beginning, it gives me goose bumps everytime.

This is going to sound weird - but Gerry!Erik seriously looks hot when he's killing Buquet. Just that look in his eyes, and slight grin - so evil lol.

The masquerade dance is awesome
Eriks_Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 08-13-2005 at 04:20 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I love the set. The Opera House is so grand and the candles are beautiful and everything just seems to fit. I really find it so amazing. The colors and everything are breath taking, and I wish I was there, truthfully.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 08-13-2005 at 05:14 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Unusual things I liked about POTO? Hmm...

- Erik's black fedora (hat), which was omitted from the 2004 film for some bizarre reason
- The rubbery thing on the Phantom's lip in the stage version (again, omitted from the film)
- The "photograph coming to life" effect at the beginning of the movie
- The way Peter Karrie sang, "Lead me, SAVE me from my solitude..." in the Toronto stage production
- The unmasking sequence in the 1925 silent film (Lon Chaney and Mary Philbin)
- The late, great Steve Barton (Raoul in the Original London Cast)
- John Owen-Jones' pure psychoticness during both unmaskings in the stage musical
- The way Gerard Butler sang "What raging FIRE shall flood the soul..." and "Monsieur, I bid you welcome..." in the 2004 film

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristi Lu | Gender: Girl | Posts: 756 | Roses: 22
Old 08-13-2005 at 05:22 AM
Masked Shadows
Wandering Child
House Patron
.Always.Confused.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Daae
Well more of the stage version but, I love how they make it seems as though the boat is actually is the water and the candles float and go up and down as if it were in the water even thought you know there is no water. And it looks like the boat keeps moving down a river as the bigger candles on the side move down as if they past it. Yeah, I loved that part in the musical.

Ok, basically the whole part of Phantom of the Opera, like how they walk down to the boat place, and the stairway thing is the back moves up and down as if they are actually getting somewhere when they really aren't.

Ok, also last one, in Masquerade, that not all of the dancers on the stairs are real. I love that part on the stage! Yah, um...I would have never known they were fake if I didn't look at the special features of the Phantom of the Opera dvd.
I love how they boat moves, it looks like he's actually moving it but the amazing thing is it's not even on tracks.

I love the moving catwalk thingys. I would imagine at first they would be hard to walk on seeing as they're constantly moving.

I love the fake Masqueraders. It's so funny backstage they hang those things on like 2 long poles from the celing of the theatre. It looks like a ton of people being strapped onto poles, they're so realiztic. But yes, those are my favorite three form the musical. I was suprised sombody else had all three of those!

Now, I see, If I wear a mask I can fool the world.

Masked Shadows's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristi Lu | Gender: Girl | Posts: 756 | Roses: 22
Old 08-13-2005 at 05:27 AM
Masked Shadows
Wandering Child
House Patron
.Always.Confused.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

I thought of more, I love how Minnie Driver plays Carlotta. Her 'Hmph!'s and stuff like that.

I wish they'd left the maniac laughs in the movie though.

I also loved, from the musical, how the Phantom pops up at random times during the ballet above the stage chacing Bouqet. One last thing, I love in teh beginning of the Musical how the stagehands dressed in Costume throw the huge blankets off the sides of the stage to reviel the Angel sidings.

Now, I see, If I wear a mask I can fool the world.

Masked Shadows's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 08-13-2005 at 05:31 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

I also, of course, love the furby man. He looks so cosy in that fur costume.

I love the slow-motion-ish touch to Mme Giry's flashback. Sometimes, it just looks normal, then during certain parts, it slows down.

I always sit up straight and really pay mondo close attention to the movie at that point.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 547 | Roses: 10
Old 08-17-2005 at 04:02 PM
toxic fruit
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

I wish I could own that monkey music box! That would be so much fun to have! They could keep making more and sell them for a lot of money each. Kind of like what they did with the Lord of the Rings jewelry and cups/swords.

New rp! Check it out! Hot banner made by phantomphreak, my new idol!
toxic fruit's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote