xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [131] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErik771 View Post
Heck, yes! On that topic, I love how Davis, Steve Barton, and Kevin Gray roll the 'r' in 'opera' when they sing the title song -- it makes them sound really sophisticated and refined, and I think they're the only Phantom actors who have done that.

I also think it's awesome that Davis, Colm Wilkinson, Anthony Crivello, and a few other Phantoms sing "This face, which earned a mother's fear and loathing" one octave higher than most others do. It makes it even more heartbreaking (as long as they can pull it off).
Never noticed that, but I'll have to check it out.

On a different note, I really like how it looks like Christine is backstage during the middle of Think of Me.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-14-2011 at 01:09 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [132] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErik771 View Post
LOL. Not laughing at your comment itself, but because it reminds me of a couple of epic flubs Peter made during the final lair scene -- he once sang "An eternity of THIS before your thighs!" And I think at another performance, he sang "Order your fine horses now! Raise up your hand to the level of your thighs!"
Me thinks that Mr. Karrie has a thigh fetish...
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Seren | Gender: Male | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,033 | Roses: 10
Old 08-16-2011 at 03:50 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [133] »

^

Something 'unusual' I love about POTO is how even the littlest things -- such as Christine's outfit(s) or Erik's mask -- have held the attention of so many people for so many years now.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Shel | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 12-26-2011 at 05:39 PM
VoiceBehindtheMirror
Wandering Child
See why in shadow I hide...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [134] »

Oh boy, we’ll be here for hours…
  • Lon Chaney’s eloquent hand movements in just about every scene.
  • The musical notes painted onto Carlotta’s chest and upper back during Il Muto in the 2004 version.
  • Hugh Panaro’s maniacal resonating laugh at the end of Why So Silent?
  • The way Peter Karrie practically growls “You try my patience…” to Christine in the final lair scene.
  • Gina Beck’s cadenza at the end of Think of Me.
  • The emotion Gina Beck puts into “The tears I might have shed for your dark fate grow cold, and turn to tears of hate…” The way she belts “Hate!” is just beautiful.
  • Sierra Boggess’ eyes.
  • Michael Crawford’s gleeful little smile at the end of the MOTN video with Sarah Brightman.
  • Carlotta's "Kiss me in my AAAUUUUUUUUHHHH!"
  • The guy dressed in all yellow during Il Muto in the 2004 version, fumbling around the curtain trying to get backstage. Then his attempt to try to roll with the awkwardness by grinning and bowing with his fan. Hilarious.
  • The lair scene in which Robert Englund is at the organ sobbing silently as Christine sings the libretto to Don Juan Triumphant.
  • Towards the ending of the Charles Dance version, after Erik and Christine sing their duet at the end of Faust. The look on Erik’s face is that of pure fulfillment and happiness.
  • The way Michael Crawford sings “Lead me, save me from my solitude…” Tears, every time.
  • John Owen Jones’ “You alone can make my song take flight, it’s over now, the music of the night…” His voice is otherworldly.

… just to name a few. I could go on and on incessantly.

"If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved it is because your love redeems me." ~Erik, Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera
VoiceBehindtheMirror's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rebecca | Gender: female | Posts: 54 | Roses: 10
Old 03-23-2012 at 12:06 AM
Ramin+Sierra 4ever
Wandering Child
The nerd of the Opera :)

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [135] »

I'm kinda obsessed with Christine's blue dress in the musical. The one she wears in Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again. I think it's gorgeous.

Ramin+Sierra 4ever's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Minion | Gender: female | Posts: 6 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2012 at 08:30 PM
Peregrine1911
Wandering Child
Minion

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [136] »

What drew me to Erik in the first place years ago is the fact that he is unusual. I grew up in Florida, and I am old enough to remember the days when it was loaded with citrus groves, beach towns, and novelty entertainment (accompanied by numerous novelty shops). I am a sort of plain-clothes eccentric that way, and Erik himself gives new meaning to novelty on so many levels.

To paraphrase a few of Leonard Wolfs notes in his annotated book, that in many ways Erik is the personification of creativity in all of its horror, glory, humor, sadness, love, fear, and any other emotion you can mention. He can be the shadow self, or the guide during moments of grief. A few more key words in my recent encounters with Erik (inside my mind and dreams): the shadow self and catharsis.

Like others have stated, I could go on and on but I need to stop right there, at least for now.
Peregrine1911's Profile Send Private Message Peregrine1911's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Amaranthina | Gender: Female | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 08-31-2012 at 11:10 AM
ASingleSplendidSong
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [137] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic fruit View Post
Ohhh I thought of another. The world's greatest line! So much passion put into this one genius line!

"You will curse the day you did not do allll that the phantom asked of youuuuuu!!!!"

That's right! You better watch out, Christine!
What I love about that line is that in the French version, it's equally as beautiful.
'Vous, c'est le Fantome que vous faut!'
'You, it's the Phantom that you need!'

What makes it more endearing is that fact that he uses the polite form of 'you', showing still a huge amount of respect and love for Christine even though he's pretty cheesed off at her.
I apologise if you already know all this, just thought I'd give some love to all the other languages Phantom has been translated into. I'm new here, so give me some love too!

'‘The life of a musician is a privilege. Of this, I am sure. Because you are, from the morning to the evening, from the evening till the morning, full of the most beautiful thing coming out of mankind. It’s music. And a musician is full of this beauty. What happens in the world around him isn’t so important. The music is full of beauty. It’s a privilege, a privilege.’

Alice Sommer-Herz, virtuoso pianist and survivor of the Holocaust, aged 108.'
ASingleSplendidSong's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote