The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 03-22-2014 at 05:56 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
"Phantom" News  Post [1] »

I think it could be cool to have a thread where we can post any news related to the world of POTO, whether it's related to the film versions, stage shows, or anything else.

First up: An announcement came out a couple of days ago that Norm Lewis, who has starred in theatre productions in the US and London, will be the next Phantom on Broadway! He'll be the first African-American actor to play the role on Broadway (though Robert Guillaume had previously gotten to play the part in the Los Angeles production in 1990, and Nicholas Nkuna was the understudy for the South African production, so Norm Lewis will be the third black actor to play the Phantom worldwide). Norm will be starring opposite Sierra Boggess, who is returning to the role of Christine. Check out the official press release here!

Also, there is a Kickstarter campaign to get funding for a new, independent animated film based on POTO. They're trying to raise funds for the film, which looks like it'll follow Gaston Leroux's novel quite closely, and the official website can be found here. The Kickstarter page where you can donate money is here.

Feel free to post your reaction to these stories, or post any Phantom-related news you find! I'll be posting more as it happens, as well.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-22-2014 at 09:58 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Good idea, IamErik771!

I love the animated movie idea, I always wanted to see another one made, I like the look of the drawings so far, although as usual, they make Erik look half-crazed! When will producers learn the difference between 'tortured, love-striken forsaken genius' and 'crazy pyscho'? I hope they won't make it to 'kidsy' and that this is an animated feature that will appeal to adults, (without too many racy adult themes, you know what I mean!) Looks like we're actually going to get a blonde Christine again too! A rarity. Plus, they're doing their best to recreate the acutal Paris Opéra, yippie! :)

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 03-31-2014 at 09:01 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Love the whole idea of doing another animated movie. I hope it's really good.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 03-31-2014 at 10:47 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

The Facebook page for POTO on Broadway posted the following press release today . . . Any of you who are thinking of making plans to see the show on Broadway in the near future, take note.

Quote:
CASTING & PERFORMANCE NEWS!

At last, we have the scoop on all the dates concerning Hugh, Sierra and what will happen with the Christine Alternate schedule over the next few months.
Get ready, because it's a lot of information...

1) HUGH PANARO's final performance as The Phantom will be Saturday evening, May 3. Please note: That's one week before NORM LEWIS has his debut performance on Monday, May 12. (The schedule for who will be playing The Phantom between them during the week of May 5 will be announced soon.) Our beloved Hugh will say farewell to The Majestic after more than 2,100 performances as The Phantom! Combined with his nearly 1,000 as Raoul, he'll have performed in PHANTOM well over 3,000 times!

2) MARY MICHAEL PATTERSON will perform as Christine through Saturday, May 10. That will be up through SIERRA BOGGESS' return performance on Monday, May 12.

3) SARA JEAN FORD will remain as the Christine Alternate through the week of June 2. MARY MICHAEL PATTERSON, who will be going on a brief leave of absence, will return to the show as the Christine Alternate starting the week of June 9.

4) SIERRA BOGGESS' performance schedule will be...

FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 12:
Mon-Sat EVES only
(Sara Jean Ford will perform the Thurs & Sat matinees.)

BEGINNING THE WEEK OF MAY 19 AND THEREAFTER:
Sierra will perform Tues eve, Weds eve, Thurs mat, Thurs eve, Fri eve & Sat eve
(Sara Jean Ford will perform Mon eve & Sat mat.)

As always, given the nature of live Theater, there could be last-minute changes to any of the above.

Thanks and we hope to see you at The Majestic!

<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014 at 03:57 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Please forgive the double-post... but Norm Lewis, the new Broadway Phantom, will be featured on ABC's World News with Diane Sawyer tomorrow night. They posted a sneak peek of him practicing "Music of the Night" with Andrew Lloyd Webber at the piano. Check out the clip here!