The Phantom's Opera

The Phantom's Opera (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/index.php)
-   Le Rue de Rivoli (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Le Meurice [2] (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=3197)

Daroga 06-17-2008 06:18 PM

Le Meurice [2]

The legendary Le Meurice is a luxury hotel in the heart of Paris with a prestigious location between Place de la Concorde and the Louvre on the fashionable rue de Rivoli. Following centuries in which Le Meurice has played host to international royalty, fashion designers and countless public figures, this five-star Paris hotel is a place where history and the latest fashionable trends meet. Le Meurice reflects the lively rhythm and elegant ambience of the chic 1st arrondissement in the heart of Paris.

• No spamming and follow proper RPG rules.
  • For the time being you may be in more than one thread at a time.
  • When this thread reaches 200 a moderator will start the new thread.
  • Have fun and enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderingchild <3 (Post 98400)
Jade Jolie

A wicked smirk came over Scott's lips, and Jade suddenly knew she had definately picked the right man for tonight. He seemed pretty expierenced when it came to things like this, and she was a proffessional. So it all equaled to one hell of a night. His lips pressed hard against her lips, and she let out a mere moan, feeling his strong arm wrap around her waist, and she was pressed against his masculine body. They walked over to the bed, never leaving one another's lips, as she slipped her toungue smoothly into his mouth. He sat down, and pulled away, "You're turn."

Jade grinned mischeviously, as she strode toward him, slumping her shoulders so her chest was right clear in view. She then outstretched her legs, so she was on a sitting position on his lap. Her lips lingered over his jawline, to his ear, as she nibbled on it. It was a "guy" thing they always seemed to enjoy...Her hands fiddled with the fabric of his shirt, as she unbottoned the top of his pants, letting her hands stay there. She kissed his neck aggressively, and then moved onto his lips. It was like giving him a show, as Jade removed her shirt, and pushing him onto the bed, so now she was lying ontop of him. "I don't think you can handle this..." She mumured teasingly.

Sweet Siren 06-23-2008 04:42 AM

OOC: Jasmine, a few posts between the two of us before Bella arrives? Haley, is that okay? BIC:

Palmira Delgado

As Palmira set the soup on the table in front of every place excluding the borrowed-from-the-hotel’s-storeroom high chair, she couldn’t help but recall Raniero’s words.

“Nicholas is only an infant still; somehow I don't think he'll notice if his gourmet meal isn't meticulously perfect."

She gave a nervous chuckle, realizing that her rushing about was less for Nicholas at this point and more for her and Raniero. Keeping busy stalled worry. As long as Mira was stirring a pot, setting the table, or brewing coffee, she didn’t have time to think that Bella was anything but a guest; she didn’t have time to worry that Raniero’s firstborn son would be the only light in his life. She only had time to cook, clean, and occasionally hum quietly to herself as she worked. She certainly would not call what she did now singing—or even quality humming—of one of Zerlina’s arias in Don Giovanni. It was a rushed, under-her-breath thing, almost rough (certainly rough compared to her typical sung rendition), but it kept the room from being awkwardly silent as she and Raniero waited for those tense moments until Bella arrived to pass.

The chocolate torte was in the mini-fridge; the gazpacho on the table and the paella being kept warm at a comparatively low temperature in the oven. Mira wanted so desperately to be the good hostess today. Dressed for receiving guests in a simple black skirt and red shirt, Palmira was not over dressed for the occasion—or so she thought. She would let circumstance be the judge of that. Tonight had to go perfectly. She would make sure of that. Perhaps it was a slight show that Mira was putting on; one of perfect domesticity, winsome charm, and other such wifely traits. Consciously, she did it because she wanted the Trovatelli family to work—even if that meant including Bella. But perhaps, on some dark, subconscious level, she wanted to prove to her guest, to her fiancé, and to herself that Raniero had made the proper choice; that Bella Karina could have borne him five sons and Palmira would still be the best wife for him and the best candidate to settle down with. Hazarding a glance to the clock, Mira realized that she and Raniero had a precious twelve minutes to spare before their guests arrived.

“Are you alright, querido?” she asked him, coming into the parlor-living room in which he sat tensely. She wrapped him in a hug from behind and planted a soft kiss on his hair. “Whatever happens tonight, just know that I’m right here and always will be,” she assured him whispering in his ear as she bent low so that their faces were side by side.

MissDay7000 06-24-2008 02:55 PM

Raniero Trovatelli

He wasn't sitting in front of a piano, there was no piece he had to play from memory and there weren't thousands of people before him in audience waiting for him to begin playing, but it didn't change the fact that for the past few hours the Italian's stomach had been churning into slow twisting knots;

Raniero Trovatelli was nervous.

Perhaps nervous wasn't even an adequate way to describe it...apprehensive, unsure, and even (the most shameful of them all) scared were far more accurate. He couldn't remember a time in his life before this where his nerves had felt more on edge, where so much pressure had seemed to descend upon him than at this very moment. Turning to look at the clock on the wall of the suite, Raniero sighed grimly at what he saw. 4:48. 12 minutes. Just twelve minutes Bella would be here...with his son. His son Nicholas. Since leaving Masquerade the night before Raniero had imagined that he'd have ample time to keep a steady head about this, that having the entire day today to think things through would be enough to set an uncertainties or doubts he might have to rest. Needless to say he'd been wrong. Yes, he'd spent the entire day thinking the situation through, but unfortunately very little (or really next to no) doubts and uncertainties had been settled. He was still just as bewildered and anxious now as he was then.

And the worst thing about it was that he was beginning to think it would only reach it's worst when he saw Nicholas.

Looking back in the opposite direction he stared at Palmira, unable to believe how she, the one who'd spent the last several hours preparing for all of this could be so calm. You wouldn't think she was about to have to receive her fiance's former lover and child into this, their temporary home. By the meticulous way Palmira was doing things one might think she was about to receive members of her immediate family. He wasn't sure whether or not to let this be a soothing thought or just another numerous one to increase his bewilderment.

She came into the main room to stand behind him, wrapping her arms around him warmly as she asked, “Are you alright, querido?”

Managing to let a small smile curl up the corners of his lips for her sake, Raniero stroked her arm lightly with his hand and replied, "Mm-hmm, yes I'm fine, Mira. Somewhat...on edge, but fine."

“Whatever happens tonight, just know that I’m right here and always will be,”

He smiled, finally feeling a measure of comfort from hearing these words and pressed his cheek against hers brushing his face. "I know Mira, and I want to thank you for everything you've done today. All the food, the preparations, the care you've taken with all of it...it's all so much more than you should have had to do, and I'm more grateful than I can say." Turning around, he looked up into her gorgeous face and shook his head, studying it in silence before murmuring almost to himself, "How I managed to find such a perfect woman I'm still convinced I'll never know." After brushing his lips against hers in a light but meaningful kiss, Raniero finally stood up, sighing as he walked over to the glass doors leading out to the suite's balcony and watched the sun set in the horizon. He was quiet for a moment before he continued, "I'm anxious for him to come, so I can finally see him but...Mira, there's something else I've been thinking about, something that worries me even more than meeting Nicholas for the first time." Shaking his head, the Italian sighed again resolutely as he turned a little to ask his fiance, "What if after I've seen him once I'll want to see him all the time? What if meetings like this, arranged and under a time constraint won't be good enough for me?" Looking down Raniero chuckled a little at his own foolishness and murmured lowly, "What if I fall too much in love with my son to even want to go another day without him?"

Sweet Siren 06-24-2008 07:43 PM

Palmira Delgado

He pressed his cheek to hers. Raniero’s skin was cool, almost clammy, to the touch. On edge, as he’d described, had been a slight understatement.

"I know Mira, and I want to thank you for everything you've done today. All the food, the preparations, the care you've taken with all of it...it's all so much more than you should have had to do, and I'm more grateful than I can say."

Mira smiled at her fiancé. She wasn’t sure if his gratitude was for what she was doing for his son or if his gratitude was because he knew full well that her behavior today was as much—if not more so—for him than for Nicholas at times and that Mira was trying to put Raniero’s fear to rest.

"How I managed to find such a perfect woman I'm still convinced I'll never know."

He kissed her lightly on the lips and Mira’s smile widened. His compliment now meant so much to her, but there was a small, gnawing fear in the back of her mind wondering how he would treat her after dinner with his former lover and with his son. Palmira hated to question Raniero. She loved him with all her heart. But she didn’t want to risk losing him. And that was perhaps why she’d fashioned herself into the hostess tonight. She wanted to be as perfect as possible for Raniero.

She watched him walk to the balcony and after a moment, followed him outside. Mira stared out at the Parisian skyline, then diverted her attention to the street below, looking for Bella’s car or taxi.

"I'm anxious for him to come, so I can finally see him but...Mira, there's something else I've been thinking about, something that worries me even more than meeting Nicholas for the first time."

Mira looked up at Raniero, leaning into the railing slightly, and quirking a curious eyebrow. She leaned on her palms a little harder so that the iron bit into her hands. Meeting Nicholas had been the least of her worries and now, knowing that Raniero was more apprehensive about something else heightened Mira’s dread.

"What if after I've seen him once I'll want to see him all the time? What if meetings like this, arranged and under a time constraint won't be good enough for me?" Looking down Raniero chuckled a little at his own foolishness and murmured lowly, "What if I fall too much in love with my son to even want to go another day without him?"

Sighing, Palmira pressed harder into the railing and shut her eyes. “I wish I had an answer for you, querido. I really do.” Opening her eyes she looked at Raniero. What wouldn’t she give to see the worry and pain creasing his brow lifted? She hesitated, bit her lip and then, said softer than before, “As much as I hate to say it, the only one who has an answer for you is Bella.”

It ached to know just how useless Mira actually was in the situation. It didn’t matter what she cooked, how much she cleaned and prepared, what she said to Raniero… none of it mattered when it came to custody of Nicholas. And Mira was a fool if she thought her voice was an important one in all this. As much as she loved Raniero, as much as she longed to see his son and be a part of Nicholas’ life, Palmira was, in a way, a witness in all of this. Moral support. And she couldn’t do much more than she already had to ease Raniero’s worries.

Releasing the railing Mira flexed her hands a few times, turning her hands so that the palms faced upwards. Deep red indents lined the center of both her palms and Mira fixed her eyes on the markings.

What if I fall too much in love with my son to even want to go another day without him?

She wouldn’t forget those words or the longing behind them. Raniero wanted to be a good father to Nicholas. That made Mira smiled a little. How could that be denied to him. She looked at Raniero again and wondered, fleetingly, if she really was useless or if there was a way to help Raniero get the opportunity to be there for Nicholas.

He’ll never agree to moving to France, she knew that instantly. Raniero wouldn’t move away from his homeland or his father for long. She looked away again, opening her mouth to speak, and then shutting it instantly as another thought wormed its way into her brain. Would Bella be opposed to Raniero having custody—even joint custody—over Nicholas?

But then, Mira did not know Raniero’s ex-lover save from the time they’d briefly met the day before. Biting her lip and looking back at Raniero yet again she ventured out onto that limb.

“Do… do you think Bella would be opposed to you sharing or having custody of Nicholas?” she asked softly.

MissDay7000 06-24-2008 10:36 PM

Raniero Trovatelli

“I wish I had an answer for you, querido. I really do.” Raniero sighed and shook his head. He hadn't expected her to try to find an answer for his question...he himself really didn't even know where or how to begin to answer it. If anything it had been rhetorical, voiced only to get what had been heavily weighing his mind out into the open for momentarily relief. Now that it was plain there was going to be little, if any of this, there seemed little point in expressing any more of what he was feeling.

“As much as I hate to say it, the only one who has an answer for you is Bella.”

Bella. If anything Raniero's dismay only increased upon hearing this. What right had he to expect an answer to this from Bella? What right had he to think he could ask this of Bella at all? What had he done for her to warrant such a thing? Nothing. Absolutely nothing...nothing except a succession of pretty promises that had ultimately come to naught. No, if she was truly just she the thought of giving Raniero an answer at all wouldn't even enter Bella's mind.

"And I suppose, deep down...that's what worries me, Mira." Raniero murmured lowly, bowing his head in subdued shame.

Palmira said nothing for a moment, then began tentatively, as if she was apprehensive to voice it even to him,“Do… do you think Bella would be opposed to you sharing or having custody of Nicholas?”

Ranier let his eyes close briefly as this very thought that had been swimming around in his own head was now voiced. He paused for a moment himself, then shook his head and answered honestly, "I don't know...I just don't know, Mira. Bella is Nicholas' mother, and even though I am his father I'm sure it would seem outrageous to her for me to expect to have custody--if any at all--of him. I want nothing more, but I can't pretend that she doesn't have the right to deny me and any other right I may claim to Nicholas." He thought a moment, then added, "But I will ask her, since he is my son and I want to have a relationship with him, I will at least ask. Whatever the outcome is I have to at least try to have the opportunity to take care of and raise my son."

Sweet Siren 06-24-2008 11:13 PM

Palmira Delgado

"I don't know...I just don't know, Mira. Bella is Nicholas' mother, and even though I am his father I'm sure it would seem outrageous to her for me to expect to have custody--if any at all--of him. I want nothing more, but I can't pretend that she doesn't have the right to deny me and any other right I may claim to Nicholas."

Mira took a deep, shuddering breath and put her index and middle fingers to her forehead, her thumb resting on her cheek. She muttered darkly, half to herself and half to Raniero, “She doesn’t have that right… Believe me…”

She thought of her nephew, now living with Miguel and Papa. How much happier Rodrigo was in the hands of those who could care for him properly; even if that meant his mother did not have custody over him. Mira had seen him this week; Rodrigo was thriving. Nicholas deserved that. A responsible, adult figure in his life that could care for him and give him everything he needed. And though she tried to repress doubt, Mira wasn’t sure if a seventeen year old mother could give a child what he needed. Raniero had said Bella was a violinist. Though “violinist” was not a far cry from “pianist” or “singer”, Mira knew that Raniero’s career and her own career were stable things, undisturbed by an unexpected maternity leave. And though any child support Raniero paid would help, it would not satiate his desire to see Nicholas and it would never be enough for anyone. Mira had known from day one that Raniero was not the sort to sit back and let the world go by without him. He would certainly not let his son grow up without him

"But I will ask her, since he is my son and I want to have a relationship with him, I will at least ask. Whatever the outcome is I have to at least try to have the opportunity to take care of and raise my son."

Mira nodded and opened the glass sliding door. She turned to face Raniero and planted a firm, reassuring kiss upon his lips. Pulling away and looking up at him, she took his hand.

“Come on, our guests will be here any minute.”

OOC: Mira and Raniero have come back inside their hotel room. Haley, feel free to have Bella and Nicholas ring the door bell. BIC:

angelofthenight 06-24-2008 11:32 PM

OOC: It's perfectly fine... I'm sensing some interesting drama coming up. BIC:

Bella Karina

Bella had shown up early and waited in the lobby for the past twenty minutes. Nicholas had drifted off to sleep during the ride over with Xavier and Bella had taken advantage of this and used it as an excuse to stay with Xavier in the car for a few minutes. "Relax Bella... you're sure you don't want me to come up there with you?" he asked her with genuine concern evident in his voice. She only shook her head as she glanced back at her son. "No I have to do this alone Xavier..." she assured himw tih a sigh, her hands trembling noticably.

Knowing she coudlnt' make him sit there forever she'd gotten out of the car and carried Nicholas into the lobby. Setting him down on the couch she went to the front desk and got the room number. Glancing at the clock she saw that she had twelve minutes... that wasn't long enough. Bella had thought it wouldn't be this difficult for Nicholas to meet hsi father but she'd been wrong. Each minute that passed it became harder and harder for her to look at the stairs.

For a moment Bella thought she woudlnt' be able to do it.

That was until Nicholas opened his eyes and looked up at her with such inoccence. Lifting him out of his carrier she buried her face in his brownish blonde hair and held him for the longest moment. "I'm doing this for you..." she muttered and he only cooed in reply. She held him out in front of her before she hugged him to her again and for some reason she found comfort in her son. "Shall we go up then?" she asked him with a force smile, placing in back in his carrier and covering him carefully with a blanket.

He gave her one of his toothless smiles that always made her heart melt and she couldn't help but smile back. Picking up his carrier she walked to the elavator and stepped inside. One... two... three.. four. The dings sounded more like a mournful farewell to her and she glanced down at her son as she stepped out of the elevator. He only stared back at her, his dark blue eyes expressionless but also free of the worry and fear that plagued her.

Finally she reached the room and she stared up at the black numbers on the wooden door. Just knock on the door Bella... just lift your hand and knock on the door... the sooner it's over the better... Seh told herself but her heart was pounding so fast that when she lifted her fist it returned to her side and she heard NIcholas let out a laugh as finding the whole predicament rather funny. She sighed and looked down at him. "You aren't making this any easier..." she imformed him and he only stared up at her. She couldnt' resist a smile for a moment before it disappeared and finally she lifted her fist to the door and pounded on it three times, part of her hoping that she'd been given the wrong room.

MissDay7000 06-30-2008 07:24 PM

Raniero Trovatelli

“She doesn’t have that right… Believe me…”

Raniero felt a twinge of affection for the fierce loyalty his fiance obviously felt towards his cause, but on the inside was nevertheless unable to keep from remaining convinced that what he initially thought was true. How could it not be when this would be the very first time he was seeing his son despite the fact that he was four full months old?

When Mira's lips met his Raniero returned the kiss firmly but gently, keeping her close for several moments of comfort before allowing her to pull away, “Come on, our guests will be here any minute.” He nodded and let himself be led back into the room...back into the room for more tedious, torturous waiting. In actuality though it was no more than several minutes, to Raniero as he paced back and forth from one end of the sitting room to the other time went by like an eternity. His mind seemed so full, yet so blank at the same time he simply couldn't remain still. The Italian couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so anxious and on edge.

The sharp inhalation of breath he took at the knock on the door was full proof of this.

Looking from it to Palmira for a split second, Raniero was still as a statue, unsure of what to even do at first. Then finally, he somehow felt his his legs begin to carry him across the room towards the door, the weight of them heavy like dumbbells, but not enough to keep him still any longer either. There was one final pause as he stood before it with his palm curled around the knob and his other ready to turn back the lock, a pause in which Raniero's heart began pounding so hard he could hear the blood rushing through his ears. He knew if he couldn't bring himself to open the door in that single second he'd never be able to.

So he did.

The first thing his gaze leveled with was Bella standing before him, a serene expression on her face as their eyes met. Nodding in greeting to her, Raniero would have said hello, but had his attention drawn away from something else...or rather someone else. Looking downwards at the sound of a small coo, the Italian felt his mouth go dry and the backs of his eyes start to sting at their first sight of his son. The feeling was so unexplainable there were no words Raniero could mentally put to them. All he could think, all he see...was his son. His son Nicholas.

Finally, finally he somehow managed to find his tongue, and even let a small smile curl up the corners of his lips, "Buona sera, Bella." Stepping back and opening the door wider, Raniero added, "Please, come in and make yourself at home."

Sweet Siren 07-01-2008 01:24 AM

Palmira Delgado

She did what any self-respecting epitome of domesticity would when there was a knock on the door—Palmira took refuge in her kitchen. Things were perfectly set and there was little for her to do other than take a few deep and calming breaths as she heard the door open. Peering out from the kitchen, unseen, after hearing only silence (which, admittedly, worried Mira more than if she’d heard speaking), Palmira laid eyes on Raniero’s ex-lover for the first time, unmasked. Mira would be lying if she said the blonde before her was unfortunate looking. She was pretty and Mira could see why Raniero may have been initially attracted to her beauty. It could not be called jealousy or loathing, but Palmira felt a definite awkwardness between she and Bella already simply because their only link was Raniero. Placing a hand on the half wall, Mira steadied herself just in time to hear Raniero break the torturous silence.

"Buona sera, Bella." Stepping back and opening the door wider, Raniero added, "Please, come in and make yourself at home."

Coming to stand beside Raniero, the Spaniard stole a glance at her almost stepson and found herself surprised to see sandy hair and blue eyes. There were traces, perhaps in the bone structure, of Raniero, but it was ironic that Nicholas’ eyes were the same as his mother’s and not his alleged father’s. She tried to catch Raniero’s eye, a hint of ironic ‘I-told-you-so’ in them. Hadn’t Raniero said it would be the eyes that told him all he needed to know? But ultimately, Mira failed to gain her fiancé’s attention; his eyes were fixed on Nicholas. Looking back at the child, less surreptitiously than before as though the shutting of the door and welcoming of mother and child into their temporary home made Mira’s behavior more acceptable, Mira allowed herself to look at him, uncritically. A soft coo escaped her lips. Though Mira had her doubts on paternity once seeing the child Nicholas was an adorable little boy.

“Yes,” Mira said, calmness over taking her suddenly. An inviting and placid smile overtook her beautiful features as she entered the room with Bella and Raniero. “Dinner is ready, if you are hungry. I know you said you would feed Nicholas beforehand, but...” Mira trailed off and gestured to the kitchen table where bowls of cool, refreshing gazpacho awaited.

angelofthenight 07-01-2008 04:32 AM

Bella Karina

Bella stared at the painted numbers on the door, the glare of the light shining off the black paint. Bella recalled the numerous times she'd climbed the stairs or taken the elevator up to the room she'd stayed in up until a few months ago, until the night Nicholas was born. Bella recalled well the day Rose and Xavier came and visited her in the hospital. Bella had been contemplating weather to write Raniero and tell him he was the father of a perfect little boy, despite both Julien and Evelyn's protests to the idea, claiming that if he had not made a point to keep in touch with her for that past few months she should not given him the privlege of tellling him of the existance of his son... but Bella had felt differently and she had written a letter but never sent it.

Bella was torn from her thoughts by the sound of the doorknob rattling and she picked Nicholas carrier up and readjusted the yellow blanket the Rafael had made for Nicholas a few weeks before he was born. The blanket brought back a lot of memories, some good and some bad and Bella quickly shook them away as the door opened to reveal Raniero standing in the doorway. She held his gaze for a moment in silence, her heart pounding even harder, memoreis of nights they'd spent in the same hotel coming back to her like bees to a flower.

It was then that Nicholas cooed and both Bella and Raniero looked down at Nicholas. He looked up at her and smiled, Gavriel's smile and Bella couldn't help but smile back, caressing his cheek with the tip of her finger. Nicholas' eyes then moved to Raniero and Bella caught a brief glimpse of curiousity cross his features as he looked up into the face of his father. Bella dared a glance at Raniero who was watching Nicholas as intently as Nicholas was watching him and Bella wished she could read his mind... what did he think about their son? Was he what Ranieor had expected?

Raniero lifted his eyes back to her, those hazel eyes that she'd seen in her dreams for months after he left, those eyes that she'd been shocked to see at the masquerade. A faint smile played at the corners of Ranioeo's mouth and Bella turned her gaze back on Nicholas, smilng once more as he smiled up at her as if reassuring her that she was doing the right thing. I'm doing this for you... she told him mentally as she stared into his blue eyes that were the only feature they had in common.

"Buona sera, Bella." The familiar voice broke through her mind and she lifted her eyes back to Raniero who had stepped back to invite her in. Bella could say nothing... why couldn't she simply return the greeting. "Please, come in and make yourself at home." Belal smiled kindly and muttered a thank you as she readjusted the carrier on her arm. Before she could make a move to come in Palmira appeared beside Raniero and Bella stopped, wondering what Raniero's fiancee wanted to say.

“Yes,” Palmira seconded the offer as a smile overtook her features. Bella again smiled kindly at her and stepped past her into the room. Bella's eyes scanned the suite curiously, no judgement, no curiousity, she just looked at the room. “Dinner is ready, if you are hungry. I know you said you would feed Nicholas beforehand, but...” Palmira began and then trailed off. Bella glanced at Palmira. "Thank you... I don't think Nicholas will be hungry..." she assured them as she set the carrier on the couch and sat down beside him, staring at her son and biting her lower lip nervously.

This was the moment she was sure all three of them had been waiting for.

With an intake of breath she glanced once at Raniero and then back at her son. "He's almost three months old..." she said softly, udoing the clips and that held Nicholas in the carrier. "He was a month early so I've been really hesitant about giving him solid food but if you have anything really soft that he won't choke on I'm not against trying it..." she said as she stopped in her task and just stared at her son, momentarily flashing back to the night she held him for the first time.

Finally she could delay the inevitable no longer and pulling off the blanket and draping over the back of the couch she positioned one hand behind his head adn the other supported his back as she lifted him out of the carrier and positioned him in the crook of her arm. "Вы awkae возлюбленный?" she asked him in Russian and he only smiled in affirmation that he was indeed awake. With a soft smile she shifted him so he was resting agaisnt her in a sitting position and that he could look at his father and his future step mother without to much trouble. Nicholas looked at them for a moment as he played with her fingers mindlessly. Pressing her lips to the top her sons she muttered loud enough for both Raniero and Palmira to hear. "That's your father sweethert..." she muttered, her lips lingering against his head then lifted her eyes to Raniero and muttered just as quietly. "Raniero... this is your son..."

12:29 PM