The Phantom's Opera

The Phantom's Opera (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/index.php)
-   The Masked Ball (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What's the reason behind your username? (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=587)

Christine Daaé 09-04-2005 05:40 AM

What's the reason behind your username?

So -- why do you have the username you do?

Mine used to be Zelda de le FantƓme. It's French for "Zelda of the Ghost", and it has a double meaning -- "ghost" could refer to the Opera Ghost or the Holy Ghost.

Then I changed it to Christine DaaƩ, for two reasons -- one, I think it's uber-cool, and two, I'm very much like Christine DaaƩ in looks and personality, which we discussed in the General Chat.

~ Zelda

Opera Ghost 09-04-2005 11:02 AM

My best friend use to call me OG because she thinks I'm mysterious and I always seem to be in two places at once; plus he's my favourite character, and i love theatre. When I first joined the forum I used the username OG. After a while I decided to lengthen it to Opera Ghost, rather than the initials.

Erik 09-04-2005 01:32 PM

I chose Erik for my username, because I am completely obsessed. he is an artist, creative, inventive, and enchanting...sorry, that's just my opinion

Night feather 09-04-2005 01:59 PM

I chose the name of Night feather because it was from a poem I wrote when I first joined the site, I thought it crappy and it was put away, but I still very much love the phrase Night feather, and I'm planning to rewrite it, I can post it when it's done.

The_Persian 09-04-2005 02:07 PM

Mine is quite imple...
I LOVE THE PERSIAN!!!!!!!!

I want to get it changed from The_Persian to the Persian... but I don't have 50 roses yet.

toxic fruit 09-04-2005 03:38 PM

Mine is MusicoftheNight because I wasn't feeling very creative. Lol! And I like that scene. But after a while it kind of grew on me anyways.

YoungGiry 09-04-2005 04:57 PM

Mine is YoungGiry because I couldn't decide between Madame Giry or some form of Meg Giry. But I like Madame Giry better anyway. So my name pretty much refers to Young Madame Giry from the movie (who rescues Erik from the gypsies and who I wish I played)

The Phantom 09-04-2005 05:13 PM

I chose The Phantom because well, there aren't that many manical male characters in The Phantom of the Opera. I used the username on another board once for a while and seemed to like it, so why not on here? I've thought about changing my name several times to possibly Hugh Panaro, or Gaston Leroux, but I can't seem to give up "The Phantom". It's like... I'm stuck to it!

Why So Silent 09-04-2005 05:27 PM

I chose Why So Silent as my username because that has to be my favourite scene in the entire musical/movie. The phantom just seems so powerful coming down those steps as the Red Death and everyone is afraid of him ^_^ Awesomelyness.

I was thinking of naming myself "The Safety Pin" as that's my favourite part in Leroux's book, but I thought it would also have confused a lot of people >_<

tatjoker 09-04-2005 08:19 PM

Mine has nothing to do with POTO, but I've used tatjoker for my username for most MB's I've signed up on for a couple years. It's easy to remember and I like it. It has something to do with my name.

03:04 PM