The Phantom's Opera

The Phantom's Opera (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/index.php)
-   Beneath The Opera House (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Lake Underground [3] (http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=3442)

witch 11-11-2008 07:04 AM

Cara Andovea

"Of course the point was for the opera to be different, but this place burnt to the ground producing it, that's a sign of some sort. And like you said, sometimes you can feel the ghost. It was his masterpiece, so why couldn't he be watching it and making sure everything goes the way he liked?"

"Now that would be something" she voiced "Of course I have seen ghosts before."

Maybe the phantom could be watching from box 5 but wouldn't someone notice and why would he have stopped his tricks?

Cara couldn't help but think about the possibility.

"And it's well known that his temper wasn't the best when he didn't get his way..."

Sophie had a point there.

"Hmm"

Thinking about it more and more it seemed that the two of them seemed to be proving the fact that the phantom could be real. The play, the thorn, the light even the music box they couldn't all just mean nothing.

They came to the opening that Sophie had talked of and stopped.

"Look,"

And she did. Cara didn't put her light down instead bringing it as close to the opening as she could.

"If we squeeze through, we can't bring the torches without setting ourselves on fire."

It was indeed small hardly room enough for them without squeezing a little.

"What do you want to do?"

Turning she faced Sophie.

"Well, we either go back or we go forward and I for one don't want to go back not now that we've come this far. There must be light in there the phantom had to see where he was going. Right?"

Mlle. Ghost 11-13-2008 04:38 AM

Sophie-Renee Capulet

A wicked smile crossed Sophie’s face as Cara uttered the word’s “I for one don’t want to go back not now that we’ve come this far…” This was all the permission Sophie needed, and with Cara finishing her sentence about the Phantom’s lighting source, she began to edge into the crevice. It was just shy of being a tight fit for her. Imagine a pair of tight jeans that have been stretched just enough by a day’s wear, and the image for Sophie in the hole was complete, the fit of her in the wall comfortable.

“Should we put the torches out and bring them with us in case there’s a way to light them on the other side?” she asked, her voice only slightly muffled by the rock walls pressing in on either side of her. She extended an arm out of the tiny tunnel, and picked up the torch she had been using earlier. She smiled as she thought how absurd she must look. “Tell me when you’re ready to come in, so I have a warning before we end up plunged into darkness.” Sophie said with a devious smile, tossing her torch awkwardly but accurately into a lower stone area that was pooled with water. It went out with a hiss.

witch 11-13-2008 05:43 AM

Cara Andovea

Glancing back over her shoulder she could see the look on Sophie's face one that told her she was up for what ever lay ahead more then words ever could.

It wasn't this however that court her off guard it was the fact that even before she could blink Sophie was working her body though the tight little opening in the wall.

“Should we put the torches out and bring them with us in case there’s a way to light them on the other side?”

Her voice was hardly enough to be heard through it found her ear in muffled tones letting her catch what she thought to be other word. She was about to answer when Sophie's voice came again.

"Tell me when you’re ready to come in, so I have a warning before we end up plunged into darkness.”

Cara couldn't help but let out a sigh as she watched Sophie toss her torch.

"And if I was wrong and there is no light?" she stopped there "Have a feel around is there any source of light in there or would I be able to pass the torch to you we don't want to be walking around in the dark down here believe me."

Mlle. Ghost 11-13-2008 06:04 AM

Sophie-Renee Capulet

Sophie heard Cara sigh, the kind of sigh you give when you realize your friend is acting like a total idiot and has just gotten both of you in trouble, and she couldn’t help but snicker, the sound reverberating against the stone wall that had been practically in her mouth since she had turned her head to face forward into the darkness. Sophie heard Cara begin to speak, though she could only pick out certain words with her head turned.

“Have a feel…light in there…pass the torch…want to be walking around…dark down here.” Cara said, or at least that’s what it sounded like to Sophie. However, she guessed that Cara wanted her to feel around for another opening, so she did. All she could feel was her hand sliding over stone that was almost ice cold and jagged in place, and she turned her head back towards the opening.

“There’s nothing else in here, it probably goes on for a while. Try to hand me the unlit torch, I can use it to poke around…” she said loudly, hoping she was understood. “And hurry up and get in here before I’m eaten by the boogeyman or spiders!” she cried, squirming at the thought of spiders. If they couldn’t get a torch through, they could try to use her cellphone’s light.

witch 11-13-2008 06:23 AM

Cara Andovea

Cara could hear Sophie's slight laugh as Cara finished off her sentence making her wonder just what it was that coursed the girl to laugh but there wasn't much time to think about that for she was waiting for a reply. It seemed the roles had changed and she was now following Sophie.

“There’s nothing else in here, it probably goes on for a while. Try to hand me the unlit torch, I can use it to poke around…”

She had to press her ear near the opening just to make out the words but she thought she had heard them clearly and so she picked up the torch blinking her eyes a few times as she did so a wave of pain coming through her head.

“And hurry up and get in here before I’m eaten by the boogeyman or spiders!”

"I don't think the spiders would bother"

She handed the torch carefully through the opening and noticed if she was going to fit through she'd have to take off her cap.

"This is not good." she mumbled to herself before remembering she wasn't alone "In coming torch."

Mlle. Ghost 11-13-2008 06:29 AM

Sophie-Renee Capulet

Sophie heard Cara say "Incoming torch." She reached out and grasped it by the charred end, but the water had cooled the place the hot coals had been moments before. Carefully, she passed the torch over her head to her other hand, as that was the only way to do so in the limited space, and wiped her now sooty left hand on her jeans.

"I hope it washes out..." she muttered to herself. "And Cara, where are you?" she said to the gap, trying to adjust to the darkness as she began to poke ahead of her with the torch like a blind man. She was feeling rather reckless, and was hoping Cara would hurry up so they could continue the adventure. "And do you still have the map?" she called behind her.

witch 11-13-2008 06:56 AM

Cara Andovea

Her hand ran along the bill of her cap wondering how Sophie would take it if she saw what lay underneath still the other girl was ahead of her and it seemed like there was no room to turn around so with a long sigh she took it off.

"And Cara, where are you?"

And? Had Sophie said something that she was meant to capture?

"I'm right here" she called back tucking her cap into a pocket still holding the flaming torch.

"And do you still have the map?"

"Yep, it looks as though we just go onward for awhile though I could be mistaken it's still in the smugged part. I'm coming in"

At times like this being flexible helped though it was still a tight fit the flaming torch she still held in her other hand, the hand that was outside the small opening.

"We have a lighter or something? I don't want to let go of out only light until we find a way to brighten this place up a little."

Mlle. Ghost 11-13-2008 07:01 AM

Sophie-Renee Capulet

Sophie thought for a minute, realizing she might actually have a lighter.

"Well, I was a smoker for like, two days..." she muttered, reaching for the bag that she had slung over her shoulder before beginning her journey underground with the map, before she had even seen Cara. "I can't get in my bag, but it should still be in there... I think it was almost out of fluid though." She said, shrugging slightly. "I say we just put out the torch, I should have enough to get it going again." Sophie added.

She began to inch forward, covering one hand with her face so that it did not get scratched, because for some reason, it had always bothered her to get hit in the face. "To adventure and new friends." Sophie muttered sarcastically when the wall began to slope sharply to the left, the space just a tiny bit bigger. She hoped Cara was following.

witch 11-13-2008 07:16 AM

Cara Andovea

"Well, I was a smoker for like, two days..."

Cara couldn't help but laugh at this she herself had never tried smoking the mere smell putting her off but lighters did come in handy.

"I can't get in my bag, but it should still be in there... I think it was almost out of fluid though."

That was a little unsettling. If Sophie had known how much she had left she'd be more willing to let the light go there had to be some way to get into through the opening there just had to be, she could pass it over her head and...

"I say we just put out the torch, I should have enough to get it going again."

"I sure hope you're right."

And so she put out the torch passing it over her head careful not to burn herself they where now in pitch blackness.

"I say we keep going and try to find a place where the tunnels a little more open."

"To adventure and new friends."

And together they started off again.

Mlle. Ghost 11-14-2008 03:02 AM

Sophie-Renee Capulet

Sophie and Cara squirmed through the tight place in total silence for what seemed like a very long time, but Sophie was relieved to be able to hear her surroundings. At long last the wall seemed to open more, with enough space for her to square her shoulders and walk straight like a normal person. She dropped the arm carrying the torch to her side, but for some strange reason she felt compelled to keep her other hand level with her eyes. She listened for Cara, turning to speak to her.

"When you get up here, let me see the map." She said, beginning to rummage through the small bag that had been dragging along behind her in the cramped passageway. After a moment of searching she pulled out her phone, the pale blue light giving a spooky glow to the small, stone chamber the corridor had opened to.

01:02 AM